OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. copy/move within the OneDrive folder should not re-upload the file

If I have a synced file in the OneDrive folder, whenever I copy/move it to different location within OneDrive, it shouldn't re-upload.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Синхронизация с OneDrive

Подключение OnLine пространства диска OneDrive как виртуального диска устройства(PC)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why is sharepoint not working with the next gen client? I've uninstalled everything. I click sync and nothing. Can't add library manually.

This seriously sucks, I'm on training out of town, and I can't access any of my sharepoint files offline. The next gen client used to work. Why can't we just get the new client that actually works to install with the office 365 version?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable sync by default when on a metered connection

When connecting with mobile, most of us have a limited amount Gb/month. Would be great if sync could be disabled autom when on metered connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. stop tracking installed application access for use on my computer

if i install an application, i don't need onedrive to tell me that i don't or may not be authorized to use it. if i was able to install it i would be able to use it. why is onedrive concerned with syncing an installed application/program?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 只能使用默认目录,不能更改OneDrvice目录。

只能使用默认目录,不能更改OneDrvice目录。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. POOR onedrive document auto-save

One drive document did not update automatically as i worked on it. Sudden restart of computer due to windows update occured. Restarted and autorecovered my document which i have WORKED ON FOR 3 HOURS. I clicked SAVED, and the OLDER VERSION REPLACED ALL MY 3 HOURS WORK.

What is happening!? Why saving your autorecovered work REPLACE it ALLL with the PREVIOUS WORK???? JUST WHY?? i am going to kill myself now. Blood is on your hands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make it easy to use

Look at how it worked in 8.1! Easy to turn on and off. The new, "improved" version is a nightmare. USELESS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. bonjour, serait-il possible de sauvegarder un répertoire bien défini svp autre que mes documents etc.

choisir avec le bouton droit de la souris sur le répertoire à sauvegarder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let me actually turn this **** off.

When I uncheck start when windows starts. I shouldn't have one drive start itself when I boot my computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unified tray icon

I have a personal onedrive account and one linked to my university. I imagine that isn't uncommon. Unfortunately, both accounts have tray icons. I'm **** about the tray, I like to have as few as possible and all visible at once. It also seems to imply they're running separately, which is a bit odd. Even if the data is separate you'd think it would still run through the same client. I'd like it to be taken down to one icon that upon selection lets you change account focus. Many other programs these days have such multiple account support, and I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It be easier

Need to be able to download any kind of format to make it so everybody wants it here and no where else

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable bitlocker to save a digital encryption key for USB media to OneDrive

Bitlocker will not allow you to save a digital encryption key it creates for USB media to OneDrive. It gives a message to say it cannot be saved there because that drive in encrypted.

My idea is that bitlocker should regcognise OneDrive as a viable paltform for the encryption key to be saved to.

It is problematic because our C: drives are also encrypted by Bitlocker and that location cannot be used for an encryption key either. In essence, there is no location users can save a digital encryption key to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add more space on the app

If I was you I would add 5 more terabytes
    For more 50 money and that would be nice

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base