OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Become a more reliable sevice.

Files failed to transfer, but apeard to have before I factory resent my pc, and now I am missing my files, what happened?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Backup Help

I don't use OneDrive's Backup, because Backup seems to duplicate the basic functionality of OneDrive. It's unclear how "Backup" is DIFFERENT from OneDrive. It's unclear if Backup offers ADDITIONAL 5GB, over and above OneDrive 5GB, or if it's the SAME 5GB.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/back-up-your-documents-pictures-and-desktop-folders-with-onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057

Your Backup forum linked from Help Doc is shutdown. Why? That make this problem worse.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2011459

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tencent weiyun move my syniced files from my onedrive and can't find and restore it from the recycle bin of onedrive...

tencent weiyun move my files in onedrive to a new weiyun folders/location from my onedrive, I now can't find and restore it from the recycle bin of onedrive...and because I deleted and emptied weiyun recycle bin, so I now lost it all thoroughly .......
    will someone help me? I hope windows can fix this "bug" for onedrive...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One drive shows "need attention"

One drive shows "need attention" how to sort this out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have been trying for months to get onedrive to upload files on my PC with no succes

I have read troubleshooting tips and have tried many things, but only 76GB of my 1000GB allowance will upload. Sync just doesn't work. and hasn't. I have had no problem with other apps, but am frustrated that OneNote is such a pain. It's like I can't use it and can't get rid of it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Full Screen Videos

I like to see where one drive adds a feature where u can watch videos in full screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Backing up to the cloud should never be the default behaviour as it amounts to sharing information with strangers that is potentially...

Backing up to the cloud should never be the default behaviour as it amounts to sharing information with strangers that is potentially personal, private or sensitive. GDPR regs should be observed to avoid hefty fines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A big question

Until last week i only used my pc at home and only this pc syncs its files to OneDrive. All files in OneDrive are from this pc and all files on this pc represent the current versions of all files in OneDrive.

Now i have a second pc in form of an Laptop. On this i also installed OneDrive. I coppied the files out of the OneDrive-Folder of my pc on an external Harddrive and then from this external Harddrive in the OneDrive Folder of the Laptop. The newest version of every of my files in the OneDrive-Folder of my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to turn off the Onedrive function. I don't like that it's always on in the background. Will this be possible in the

I think that Onedrive should be optional. Not everyone uses their personal computers for business or school purposes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have no idea what Onedrive is and why it is on my computer.

Blow Onedrive out of your *** and send it to see Nancy Pelosi.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow editing of word documents on line so the entire page can be scene.

Having to switch to Reading Mode to see what the document actually looks like is cumbersome. If it is not possible to do this at least allow saving to one drive and PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why I Can't save drive D to onedrive

Why I Can't save drive D to onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. prioritize document to open from OneDrive to MS Office app during OneDrive synchronization

I having issues opening documents(docx,xlsx,pptx) from OneDrive storage to Office desktop app while the OneDrive itself is very busy doing synchronization. That is it takes more time to download the document even it is a smaller files. I would suggest to pause synchronization while the Office app is trying to open the prioritize documents then resume synchronization when the documents were successfully open in Office app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get rid of OneDrive. Absolutely the most intrusive app I have ever used and I have been using MS products for years.

Get rid of OneDrive. Absolutely the most intrusive app I have ever used and I have been using MS products for years. If you have time could you please tell me how to disable it. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. you should more speedy

your connection is really slow and im driving crazy sometimes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base