OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. backup known windows folders

Currently the 'Documents' folder remains in its original location after enabling the 'Backup Known Windows Folders' option in GPO. All files move to the new location but an empty 'Documents' folder is still located at C:\Users<username>\Documents

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 翻译不够准确

OneDrive在右下角的同步页面,翻译不够准确,应该是已传输×× GB,而不是已上传,因为它把下载也算进上传那里了,所以说不够准确,望改进。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 翻译不够准确

OneDrive在右下角的同步页面,翻译不够准确,应该是已传输×× GB,而不是已上传,因为它把下载也算进上传那里了,所以说不够准确,望改进。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Possible issue with Microsoft Onedrive corrupting videos produced by Skype

I suspect there is an issue with Office365's Onedrive corrupting videos produced by Skype. I used my Onderive to move a video from one PC to another. When i downloaded it the file was corrupted and unusable. I can no longer post a video of the tutorials to my students who were unable to attend.

Has anyone else seen this of a similar issue? I am posting this because I have a vague recollection of this happening before and I am wondering if this is a known issue with Skype videos at 15 fps.

Thanks,
    Amy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop synchronization automatically if a virus / ransomware is detected

It may be possible to stop synchronization automatically if a virus / ransomware is detected infecting a OneDrive user's computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. prevent mass deletion

I've experienced that accidentally it can happen that big amounts of files are deleted. I would propose to add a feature to the setup, which allows you to set a warning message if more than a certain number of files are going to be deleted. This number should be configurable. Some users might wish to get notices at any deletion some might only to be notified if more than 999 files are going to be deleted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Los archivos tardan mucho en guardarse, debed intercambiar entre Windows y tus carpetas, debes registrarte todo el tiempo

Los archivos tardan mucho en guardarse, debed intercambiar entre Windows y tus carpetas, debes registrarte todo el tiempo

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Word Count in Word

On my PC in Word, the Word Count is sort of quick. On OneDrive in Word the Word Count is very slow. Should be an option to disable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 为何截图不能自动保存到Onedrive?我在设置中点选了,但是退出设置,再进入设置,会发现又没选上,即使我每次都按了确定。也就是说点选了没有效果。

为何截图不能自动保存到Onedrive?我在设置中点选了,但是退出设置,再进入设置,会发现又没选上,即使我每次都按了确定。也就是说点选了没有效果。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Still display unsynced data on PC

File/Folders uncheck will not be synced and not display on the computer.

Suggest to still display the data on PC but a different indicator to distinguish with folder synced

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back file picker support

Bring back the file picker support for the newest PWA version of the windows store app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Back up as opposed SYNC

At present the user has no flexibility to back up folders from pc to one drive without ALSO sync files from online to pc. The user needs to option to BACK UP files and NOT SYNC files both ways. The system as designed is very rigid and inflexible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folder Structure Diagram

I(First time using cloud storage ) really appreciate/encourage your work guys

so thank you for that!

Just at first look do you think is possible to create a "user frendly" folder structure under One Drive system/server(please check attach)?

I think users will love it!

all the best for the team!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. support editing xlsx and xlsm files with partialy protected cells

currently it is not possible to edit and safe excel files with protected cells while the file is in ondrive.
    current workaround is : copy file to desktop, change , safe, copy back.

it would be nice to apply the change directly while the file is in onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop Extorting Your Customers

Congratulations, you've lost a 20 year Windows customer. I will NEVER buy another PC again, and if I could get a refund I would. I will buy Chromebook laptops from here on out. Your OneDrive is ridiculous extortion, why in god's name would I put my Desktop, Documents, Photos, Downloads, literally everything on a cloud when I have 1Tb of space. What if I was on vacation and didn't get emails that I was being extorted to use my own PC? Your business model of extorting your current customers dumb enough to use you is ridiculous. Congratulations Microsoft, just when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change synchronization speed on main menu instead of option widget

Short: I'd like to have the possibility to change download/upload speed directly on main menu (maybe with a dropdown menu) instead of selecting them on properties, that's longer.

Long: With my ADSL I usually upload big and a lot of files on Onedrive. When I do it at full speed, my internet connection is slower (internet, mail etc), due to the fact that I saturate the bandwidth with OneDrive. In order to fix it, I often change upload speed (i.e. 30 kbps) instead of maximum, and connection works again. When I stop to work, I set again upload speed to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base