OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back sync to local laptop ! (please !!)

OneDrive has changed to put all files in the cloud. Sync is gone. The user can download a file to a laptop to work offline, but then would need to upload it again to keep OneDrive updated. Opening a file, Excel for ex, uses the web/online version of Excel. The online version is not as robust as the Office365 desktop version. M$ assumes I will always have internet access - not true!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop asking for phone verification. Not all people have or want phones. Or they don't want you to know their number.

Stop asking for phone verification. Not all people have or want phones. Or they don't want you to know their number.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. auto power off after sync is done

there must be an option to turn off device automaticly after sync is done. we left it over night to upload, and the pc turns off after it's done. i would love that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make timeout adjustable or make it so timeout doesn't occur during file transfers

make timeout adjustable or make it so timeout works with file or data transfer so it doesn't time out in the middle of moving a large file or many files

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. its too early to comment on this cloud storage, may be i need to familiarize myself with cloud and then explore this option,

it should work fast (sync) and more importantly support team should use Microsoft team application in order to help the users, not just via phone which i firmly believe doesnt help the user to fix the issue over phone conversation. If support team DOESNT use "Microsoft team" whats the point to develop this application

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Required options to retrive the One Drive backs in Period wise.

Required Option to fetch the one drive back to PC in date wise.

Eg. If a back has take from PC to One Drive on 1st Sep 2019 and again taken back up on 30th Sep 2019.

One drive should have the option to fetch the back up to PC from any of the Date which taken the back up.
    So, its very useful to the user for comparing the old data and the recent data.

If the Recent back up is sync correct, the user can fetch the old data.

Its has multiple of Usage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring back folder selection upon initial sync from Sharepoint

There used to be an option, when initially syncing from SharePoint, in which the user was able to pick and choose which folders in a document library to sync. That option is no longer available and should be restored in future versions of OD. With the current version, the entire document library syncs automatically, and if you want to deselect undesirable folders, you have to go into OD Settings and Choose Folders and wait a considerable amount of time before your changes take effect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Needs to be more tablet mode friendly.

There's no indication of sync status in tablet mode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Moves files automatically based on file name

It would be nice to see a feature in the likes of Microsoft Flow that is already built-in to Onedrive that automatically moves files based on a unique tag in the filename. The idea would to offer this as an option to automate moving files to various folders based on categories assigned by the user. For example, files scanned into one folder automatically, can then be ran to through this automated flow that moves say a file with finanancial in it's filename onto a Folder called Financial, and so on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make dozens and dozens of albums easier to find...

on onedrive.com - have an option to list albums alphabetically

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why do we have to manually permit each time a file needs to be renamed? There should be an option that you rename them automatically.

why do we have to note each time to ok renmaing a file. there should be an option to do this automatically. it's really annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share link

When preparing a share link for friends, we have "edit" the content of the link by default. It would be nicer to have "read only" by default. Most of the time share kink is for watching pictures.For security reasons, the friends should not be able to modify the content

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Скачивание файла

Многие пользователи не могут скачать файл с облака. Тут либо интерфейс не интуитивный, либо они должны быть авторизованы, а зачем лишние действия. Пожалуйста разберитесь с этим. Ушла с другого файлообменника в вашу пользу, но по факту приходится для людей пользоваться всё таки ещё и другим

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow more payment methods.

Only creditcard (or PayPal, which also requires a creditcard for verification) is ridiculous because they are expensive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable OneDrive to have local files on different partitions

I would like the ability to choose some folders on OneDrive to be locally stored on different partitions. SSD M.2 drives are higher priced than SATA SSD and much higher than HDD. I don't necessarily need all my files on high speed SSD. Many files could be archived on slower HDD but I still want both on OneDrive for portability and safety.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Doc Auto Save

Auto save on documents is not good. It erases valuable data. Sometimes I want to save the document under a different name and keep the old version. Need to be able to turn it off for ALL Documents instead of one at a time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. actually WORK

Why don't you make this WORK without losing information? I have LOST OVER THREE HOURS OF WORK done yesterday because mysteriously the file THAT I SAVED/SYNCED to OneDrive is GONE. The only version available in your STUPID VERSION HISTORY excludes THREE HOURS OF WORK.

MICROSOFT OWES ME $450 because I charge YOU $150/hour for my work.

YOU SUCK!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base