OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me actually turn this **** off.

When I uncheck start when windows starts. I shouldn't have one drive start itself when I boot my computer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

Make a way that you can restart a sync after choosing what files you want to be synced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If I accidentally delete a local file, I want OneDrive to not delete it. My company uses OneDrive as a backup solution.

To save money, the company I work for canceled our laptop backup solution and started using OneDrive. Now that file versioning is supported, that's pretty decent and I can get back old versions of files. But now, what if I delete a file locally, can I make sure OneDrive will ignore the local delete and retain the backup copy on OneDrive? I'm not the administrator, and I would prefer that this be user-configurable if possible. Or, if the right move is to make that an admin setting, that's good too, but preventing accidental deletes is something I think we should…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like the possibility to sync several OneDrives on my computer

I would like the possibility to sync several OneDrives (personal and / or business) on my computer. Each OneDrive would have a Folder of its own on the computer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It be easier

Need to be able to download any kind of format to make it so everybody wants it here and no where else

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable bitlocker to save a digital encryption key for USB media to OneDrive

Bitlocker will not allow you to save a digital encryption key it creates for USB media to OneDrive. It gives a message to say it cannot be saved there because that drive in encrypted.

My idea is that bitlocker should regcognise OneDrive as a viable paltform for the encryption key to be saved to.

It is problematic because our C: drives are also encrypted by Bitlocker and that location cannot be used for an encryption key either. In essence, there is no location users can save a digital encryption key to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more space on the app

If I was you I would add 5 more terabytes
    For more 50 money and that would be nice

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Partial Sync on Demand

It will be useful having the following options mix (on demand with selected folder download)

Having on demand for un-downloaded folder will be very beneficial and accessible to all the cloud when needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sync to another folder (not Default folder)

How can I sync a specific folder to Onedrive?
    Now I choose my drive D:\ to sync with Onedrive.
    I have a an other folder in Drive C:\, and I want to push it to Onedive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please fix WLM. No one seems to be listening.

Please fix WLM. No one seems to be listening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow me an option to see OneDrive folder structure and filenames without having to sync the full content.

I have limited hard disk available so many of my folders are not sync'd from OneDrive. I have yet to find an easy way to access the content of these without using the web onedrive.com client. I'd just like to see the folders and file names in these stored locally and for the files to be made accessible on-demand rather than all the time from within file explorer or applications like the O365 suite. So OneDrive would index the Cloud only folders and include these in the view I see when selecting File Open as if they were available locally.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. How to get spell check function in Outlook (preview)?

How to get spell check function in Outlook (preview)? Add spell check function in Outlook with reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recently modified files would stay even after a reboot or shutdown

It would be great if recently modified files would not disappear after a reboot or shutdown.
    So it would be easier to remember where you left off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why cant i mass upload files and folders? you need an upload manager if your **** cant hadle.

descktop upload manager that managers my mass upload so i dont have to do it 20 times an ruin my day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base