OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Go back to original Word and Excel

Because when you type in Word and then print nothing ever lines up. Also trying to move files around is a nightmare and trying upload too! One drive is the worst invention.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable the possibilty to stop syncing a specific file

In places of bad internet connection or some circumstances, synchronizing large files seem to block synchronizing of files added later to the queue. Here, it'd be nice to let the user stop syncing specific files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic shutdown after finishing synchronizations

Add a button to schedule the shutdown of the machine after finishing synchronization, and also after finishing only Downloads or Uploads, currently I make a forecast for the rest not synchronized with my connection speed to put a shutdown -t, a button that would trigger the shutdown on end of synchronization would be much more practical and accurate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dictionary

If it isn't already possible, I think the option to download different dictionaries (ie. Greek/Norse Mythology), would be swell.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You should try again by completely rebuilding from scratch. OneDrive behaves like ransomware on my computer.

Make a functional storage solution that doesn't hold files ******* or behave in odd and unpredictable ways when one has multiple microsoft accounts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix creating new folder

Fix the fact that when you create a new directory on a pc ... getting a "new folder" it's practically impossible to rename it. One drive starts immediately syncing and whatever you type gets replaced, refreshed, select all happens... in any case impossible to use. The only way around is to create a folder on the pc locally, then rename it, and then only put it on onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please fix the Stored Log in for OneDrive on Windows10 Pro!

The One Drive no linger stores my log in / stays connected even with me checking the "Stay Logged In [ ] EVERY TIME! on Multiple Win 10 Pro Computers!

Also it would be nice to have a way to delete the stored email SHARING addresses one at a time. I have several with typos and they show up as multiple choices. I would like to delete the bad ones when they pop up??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show SyncInProgress files, in order to find offending files that won't sync

As was the case with OneDrive business in 2016, show SyncInProgress files, in order to find offending files that simply won't sync. this could be via log files as well, that I was unable to export in 2020's Onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. folder

can we make link folder on local disk?
    so we dont need move it to OneDrive and keep edit or whatever we want to at that folder while still update to OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive Backup should allow other personal folders to backup

OneDrive Backup should allow other personal folders to backup. Now it allows only Documents, Pictures and Desktop. But if I have some other important folder that I like to backup regularly, there is no option available. This makes OneDrive backup incomplete.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Recycle Bin Search Function

hello

how can it be that it is not possible to search the recycle bin ?

the restore function is totally useless if I cannot search the recycle bin in an appropriate manner.

I cannot browse through thoundands of deleted files by hand.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A single OneDrive for all my platforms.

Make OneDrive simpler to use, more intuitive. It's too complicated for non tech users. Simpler and more automated would equate to more users making better use of it. A single OneDrive interface for viewing and controlling all my platforms would maybe be a way forward - laptop, tablet, phone

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to delete duplicate photos & documents

Option to delete all duplicate photos

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GPO to manage 'start onedrive automatically when i sign into windows' setting

Can we please get a GPO to manage the option of:
    'start onedrive automatically when i sign into windows' and prevent users from being able to untick this option.
    Having OneDrive silently sign in is useless if the app does not auto start when a user logs into Windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. you hi-jacked my computer and I HATE ONE DRIVE - I NEVER WANTEF IT

you need to automate BACKUP OF THE FILES YOU HI-JACKED, AND AUTOMATE REMOVAL OF THIS PROGRAM.-- JUST AS YOU AUTOMATED THE POP-UP I REPLIED "YES" TO IN A MOMENT OF LAPSED JUDGEMENT - AND ONE DRIVE JUST TOOK OVER, AND LOCKS UP MY COMPUTER DAILY. I HAVE A DSL LINE AND ANY TROUBLE SHOOTING I TRY IS MET WITH COUNTLESS ERROR CODES, AND THE MESSAGE, "YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE ON THE INTERNET", WHEN I AM, BECAUSE IT IS USING UP ALL RESOURCES. I TRIED TO BACKBUP FILES FROM ONEDRIVE TO MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE -- ERROR CODES. ON, AND…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Synchronisatie verbeteren

Als ik op een computer van mijn werk bestanden in mijn one drive plaats (Via de webbrowser) en deze vervolgens op mijn thuis pc wil openen dan lukt dat niet. De bestanden zijn dan in eerste instantie niet zichtbaar en als ik ze uiteindelijk heb gesynchroniseerd zijn ze niet leesbaar.

Het zou fijn zijn als er een makkelijke procedure zou zijn om te synchroniseren.
    Bijvoorbeeld 1 knop waarmee je bestanden/mapen **** synchroniseren met elkaar. Eventueel dat je nog wel moet aangeven dat de oude bestanden worden overschreven door de nieuwere bestanden.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it easy to determine what folders or areas of 1 drive are using the most space.

It's difficult to determine which folders or areas of 1 drive are taking up the most space. Idea: make this easy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base