OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One drive is HORRIBLE!

I hate using one drive. The software is limited and does not perform the same way as when the file is on my desktop. PPT loses all the formatting and half the functions are missing from one drive. It is 2020 why can’t you have listened to your users before creating this ****** program???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need help. I was burglarized at gun point. They have my computer, including onedrive synced up.

Need help. I was burglarized at gun point. They have my computer, including onedrive synced up. I need to have my old laptop pc UNSYNCED from onedrive for security. Can YOU do that remotely? How do I do that. PLease help. MT1 (SS) John M Anderson, greymouser7@hotmail.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Terrible implementation of what you call "backup".

In all other areas of IT, "backup" means making a copy, and leaving the original file intact. MS chooses to (1) move files to different locations (2) without informing the user, and (3) without giving him/her the choice during initialization how to do the backup.

Expected:
    For each file in the specified directories, make an online backup while leaving the original file 100% untouched. Keep track of changed files since previous backup, and sync changes with regular intervals (configurable, default daily).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sync Countdown

add a sync countdown on the interface

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Personal Vault should not lock as long as Office 365 is running

Currently Personal Vault locks after just 20 minutes of inactivity.
    I suggest to have it open for as long as any Office 365 application is running.
    For instance, one might be working on some Excel document, requiring more time to finish and save to Personal Vault. It is frustrating to notice that Personal Vault has been locked in the background.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide a Personal Vault in OneDrive "Business" subscritions

Provide a Vault such as the one in the Onedrive for Personal subscriptions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Onedrive keepts deleting my files without my knowledge

Onedrive keeps deleting my files without my initiating any such action. This is very damaging as I have shared these files with others. When deleted no one can access the files. Why does onedrive delete files? please stop doing it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. more control over what is sync'd

OneDrive seems to choose what folders to sync and I don't know how to tell it which folders I don't want sync'd, which is important as there is no automatic encryption.
    I've tried adding some folders to personal vault (eg Documents) and it refuses to do it.
    I should be able to keep local copies of any files I don't want in the cloud but when I create new folders to hold them OneDrive add those folder to the list of sync'd folders. I need to be able to control this.
    If this already exists then a simple tutorial is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use NTFS compression on the fly to sync files faster (uses less bandwith)

When transferring files in sync mode, an option to use compression on files before sending them so that large compressible files could be smaller to send to one drive cloud and once the file is sync one drive could unpack it.

This would help save some bandwidth.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove auto notifications on comments

Recently my MS Word has started started to automatically email co-authors when I leave a comment box during editing. I have learned that the push notification cannot be turned off, only the recipient can choose not to receive messages.

This drastically changes functionality (for example when you want to make notes for yourself or are not ready to otherwise share). It also creates an issue with alerting co-authors as to when you are editing (not always wanted be boss/employee) and can lead to spamming. The other night I woke my colleague with repeated emails because I was editing late.

Please…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop preinstalling this garbage **** on my computer.

And at the very very very very least, ASK BEFORE YOU JUST UPLOAD MY FILES TO THE WEB! I.e. Make it easier to exclude files, and folders, specifically base files like my documents and pictures, from your auto upload . Freaking millennials and your obsession with the freaking cloud. Stop already.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive auto-synched all my folders and now my info and photos are missing.

All help desperately needed now, please! OneDrive auto synched to all my computer's folders and photos, everything! I disconnected the synch and now everything is missing! I don't seem to be able to auto connect the synch again. Help!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "Download Now" button for files on demand

Right now in the right click context menu, there is only "Always keep on this device" and "Free up space"

It would be nice if there was a "Download now" button as well which we can use to download a large selection of hundreds of files without marking them as "always keep".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Point Onedrive away from the C: drive

The C: drive is always constrained and short of space. Allow the user to decide to point the local area away from C: to a secondary drive either on the PC or on a local NAS drive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base