OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow OneDrive sync folder to be located on a mapped drive

We heavily use RDS at the moment, a user will have a homes drive mapped with all their MyDocs folder redirected to this. I want to migrate away from using RDS and legacy HW for the homes drive but to support this I need to locate their OneDrive folder on their homes drive and then configure auto migration. This ensures that the local drive (C:) of the RDS servers (we have over 150) are not filled up during the users migration. It also means that when the user is in RDS their files remain in sync until such a time…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to select option to shut down device when all files have been synchronised

As currently majority of internet service providers have much slower upload speeds, synch takes hours especially for videos, so ideally device left to synch overnight but currently unlike all other apps there is NO option in settings to allow Onedrive to automatically shut down the device once all synch ic completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. de code is maar 5 minuten geldig ....als je wil het volgende uur of dag je kluis openen is je code niet meer geldig ??????is echt niet hand

Een code die je krijgt moet ten alle tijd te gebruiken zijn .....geen 5 minuten en dan vergrendelen en als je wil openen werkt de code niet meer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please solve the "CPU at 100% load" issue

Make OneDrive with a lower task priority per default. And provide an option to clear the cache in the GUI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DONT SHOW AGAIN I WILL NEVER USE YOU

DONT SHOW AGAIN I WILL NEVER USE YOU

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to sync a particular folder on priority.

The OneDrive app (in windows) automatically syncs the folders in the background.
    If we can prioritize a particular folder and its contents to be synced on top priority, it will great.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Backout for KFM not available

The Known Folder Redirection feature works good,but there is no way to automatically backout the KFM setting through group policy. Manual intervention is required for the same,which is not a good end user experience as we will have exceptions and users who will need to opt off of KFM and want their confidential files to not roam with them to shared/different devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Onedrive needs to allow exceptions for the Sync TO Onedrive Cloud

Onedrive needs to allow upload exceptions for specific files/folders. Many applications store information in the user's Documents folder by default.

In some cases, this behavior cannot be modified within the application and the files cannot be moved or renamed to Onedrive standards.

For files that cannot be renamed or moved, the user is faced with constant sync errors in the notification tray.

This also leads to unwanted consumption of Onedrive Cloud storage. Users should have the simple option to choose which files or folders are backed up. They should also be allowed to use wildcards like .dat, .cfg, etc as…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. mettere l'opzione blocca sincronizzazione per sempre diocane

mettere l'opzione blocca sincronizzazione per sempre diocane.
    mettere l'opzione blocca sincronizzazione per sempre diocane

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Always have a difficult time getting into personal vault. This shortcut that I did not create does not work!

Had to put all my files into a personal vault. Do not feel secure with one drive. Now I cannot get into my personal vault

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WHY YOU ARE STILL HER-E

WHY ARE YOU STILL HER-E

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please provide barcode facility

Please provide barcode facility so that one can make Qr code and put address of one drive where data is stored means with help of qr code one can access perticular data from one drive directly

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be more like Git

OneDown = Git Fetch
    OneUp = Git Push
    OneSync = Get Merge

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clearing of the backup history

As per my knowledge you should add a feature that enables the user to clear the history of his/her backup data so that it can prevent the leaking of the data if anyone uses the user's computer apart from the owner of the computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. User friendlyness

Ya'll are wanting to make money? I have to ask because it isn't apparent. I suggest you ask for volunteers over 50 to see if they can use your apps. I have been using Google One but I AGAIN am going to try & enjoy my laptop & bought Office 365 & set out to use OneDrive & I can't find "back up my computer, I don't want to go to folders & choose. I had a secretary because I am no good with files & such. How do I move my saved or stored "stuff" to OneDrive? I don't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it stop downloading everything when I want to look at one item. I can't use it too confusing

The software is not at all intuitive. It starts downloading multiple items when you view an image you can't see instantly what's backed up and what isn't. If I update a file I don't know if it's going to update the download or the one drive version. Useless i have to keep external drives as well as I have no confidence that if I delete from PC it won't delete the back up on one drive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A bit more curves in the layout.

A bit more rounded interface.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change name of sync client

The desktop sync client have the same name as an individual user's private file storage is causing so much confusion. Its a huge unlock to be able to sync one's sharepoint libraries but no one "gets it" because they think the onedrive sync client IS onedrive. SUPER CONFUSING.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base