OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allowing your customers to share ANY SIZED Files as a link

I am not able to use this to send my clients my work without them having to get a MS account. Some don't want to do that. Please remove that restriction for large files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Το πρόγραμμα έχει πρόβλημα και δεν καταφέρνει να συνδεθεί όταν αλλάζει το ρούτερ

Αφαιρέστε το μέχρι που να βρείτε τρόπο να λειτουργεί σωστά! Μου έχετε δημιουργήσει τεράστιο πρόβλημα!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. there is a translation mistake in the simplyfied Chinese version onedrive.

It would be better if the translation in the red circle is repalced by "已同步181.0MB".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability in settings to disable sync status icons

OneDrive should have an ability in options for disabling sync status icons

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. dont allow one drive to stay in computer phone as regular program it got hacked too

I think you should NOT be able to link to one drive only as a cloud not a windows program someone stole my data off my cloud that i had for 11 years and combined it with my desktop folders that i use daily on the computer. I didnt ADD those to the one drive. hackers filled up my ONE DRIVE on the computer . it pops up telling me one drive is full when its not. even when i deleted a bunch of folders or photos as it said was full. hackers tried to STEAL and force delete my…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow changes to be made to settings while paused

Currently, if OneDrive is doing something that takes a loooong time and may be something you do not want it to do, the user may want to pause it. But changes can't be made to settings when paused. So to prevent OneDrive from destroying your data, you have to let it continue to destroy while you try and alter settings so that eventually the destruction will stop. Or stop it, unlink and go on from there. Either way, it's just too costly. This promotes very bad feelings on my end and so I cuss you out and my account gets…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add option to sync/combine "Desktop" folders

I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature with the current version of OneDrive, but the two versions can get out of sync. You end up with a multitude of extra links that go to empty folders... empty except for that linked file that only takes you to the OneDrive instance of that folder. If you are not using OneDrive on that machine, for whatever reason, the links do nothing. But you are still left with multiple instances/versions of that folder, in different locations.

Have a single option in OneDrive settings to merge these separate folders back with…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 账号登录onedrive时需要手机验证,否则账号泄露后别人都能登录我的onedrive

账号登录onedrive时需要手机验证,否则账号泄露后别人都能登录我的onedrive.账号登录onenote时需要手机验证,否则账号泄露后别人能登录我的onenote.已经有人修改了我的onenote笔记。最好的登录方式是用手机扫描电脑端onedrive和onenote二维码才能登录,不用账号密码登录,从而保证是本人在使用。也不要在本地保存账号密码。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow blocking downloads on Non-Office files

Allow blocking downloads on shared Non-Office files from onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ik verwijder fotos wegens plaatsgebrek. En 2 dagen later staan ze er terug op.

Mijn samsung gebruikt nu one drive back ip. Ik heb plaats tekort. Hou me 4uur bezig te sorteren en te downloaden en deleten. Staan 2 dagebn later die fotos er terug op met de waarschuwing plaats te kort. Terug afgehaald. Nu een week later staan ze er terug op met dezelfde waarschuwing. Niks als last mee. Google foto s geeft minder last en meer plaats

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows like file structure, AD integration

I suggest, make the file explorer exactly the same as you did in Windows file explorer and allow all of the same, look, feel, properties, etc...make it more seamless as your competitor Sharefile is doing. It's pretty terrible that I have to pay a 3rd part company for the above features. Please catch up! We have users that are NEVER gonna figure out l of the nuances required for file management.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give option to allow preview pane to work for Online Only files

With Files-on-demand enabled, online only files do not present anything in the preview pane until the file is opened and synced locally. It would be helpful if there was an option to enable syncing of this preview data so preview pane would function for files without needing the entire file synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delete Uploading to onedrive from the autoupload section

Hey I'm tired of finding out I uploaded 5gb to my onedrive. fix it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 建议增加可以移动存储位置的功能

建议增加可以移动存储位置的功能

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base