OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Windows

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Scedule Options

Add an option to set schedule for sync. This way syncing will occur during that time only. This is really a helpful option to have.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Password change

Whenever I change my password - and our Company IT policy is to do so every 90 days, OneDrive tells me that the credentials need to be updated which makes sense.

However there is no easy way to do so with the OneDrive app - clicking on 'view sync issues' and enter credentials does nothing. I am hoping your QA team could take a deep dive on this issue as there are MANY people complaining about this on your support pages and the work around is a lot of hassle every 90 days.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow PC to continue shutting down without any operations when users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    PC のシャットダウン時の同期の進行状況の表示について
    Allow PC to continue shutting down without any operations when users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.

■Description(内容):
    同期中の "処理中" の状態で、PC のシャットダウンをしようとすると、進行中のファイル アップロードがユーザーに通知されるように新機能が追加されておりますが、PC のシャットダウン時に操作なしに画面を戻らせることなく、シャットダウンを遂行する機能の追加を要望いたします。
    または、進行中のファイル アップロードをユーザーに通知する機能をオフにする機能の追加を要望いたします。

In current design, we have new feature to notify uses about on-going file uploading if users shut down PCs with “Processing” status of sync.
    However, we would like to see the feature to allow PC to continue shutting down without any operation or getting back to the previous screen, or the feature to disable notification about on-going file uploading.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us sync all albumes

Currently only saved pictures and camera role are synced.
    But whats about the favorites and also the album which is created from WhatsApp?

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug: Explorer reselects entire filename when editing the name of a newly synced file

What's the Bug:
    This bug causes File Explorer to select all the text of a filename you are editing while you editing it, which causes a single keystroke to erase the text of the filename if you are not paying attention.

When It Happens:
    It happens when you immediately try to rename a file after performing a file operation but before the OneDrive client syncs it. For example, it happens if you copy a file and quickly rename it, or if you save a file and then quickly rename it. It appears as though Explorer incorrectly reselects the entire filename…

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Proxy setting

Current We can not set the proxy for onedrive. In some circumstance, the internet is allowed through proxy like http or socks... So it really necessary for enable proxy settings

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Progress info for on-demand sync

It would be more user-friendly to show current progress of on-demand folders sync. Currently it's only shown as "Processing changes" and popping up new files in the OneDrive pane. User doesn't know how fast is it going, how much files are left, when it will end. Having similar info as for classic sync would be nice.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rename the onedrive folder on OneDrive for Desktop Windows

Please allow the renaming of the folder which OneDrive for Desktop syncs to. I would appreciate the ability to store my sync'd folders/files in a folder with a different name other than /onedrive. Here is my usage scenario:

I am trying to move the onedrive folders of two users of a single desktop PC to the secondary raid array for backup. I would like the paths to be D:\ONEDRIVEUSER1 and D:\ONEDRIVEUSER2. The way it is currently implemented I would have to use: D:\ONEDRIVEUSER1\onedrive and D:\ONEDRIVEUSER2\onedrive.

This is not ideal and I'm sure other users can think…

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Desktop Icon Duplication

In a shared computer environment, an admin may choose to install the Team Machine Wide Installer MSI.

Teams is then installed at every user logon if it doesn't exist in the users profile

"%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default"

Is put in the following key

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This presents an issue when using OneDrive Known Folder Move. When a new user logs on to a PC, OneDrive has its own installation and update process. The Teams installer will start and finish before OneDrive has installed, updated and initiated Known Folder Move for the new user profile.

Teams will create a desktop…

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pause Syncing with PowerShell

I would like a way to pause and unpause OneDrive syncing in PowerShell. This would be handy in PowerShell scripts that manipulate files. Sometimes the files get locked if OneDrive is currently syncing them. I would like to be able to script the pause, make my file changes, then unpause when my script is finished.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Colored File Folders in OneDrive

Simply allowing users to assign file folders to better organize things in groups or types of files. Simple idea that allows people to see their types of files without having to read a single word.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop OneDrive restoring long deleted files

I know I'm launching into criticism here, but OneDrive has IMO a fundamental design flaw that just doesn't seem to occur with Google Drive or Dropbox. Basically, if you logon to a computer that you haven't logged onto for a long time (like months), OneDrive will restore long deleted files and/or end up with clashes suffixed with the name of the computer.

As I matter of course, I logon to new laptops for my client using my Office 365 account. I sync OneDrive to get to a whole host of deployment files. The user then takes the laptop away.

I…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. more then 1 TB per user

i want to be able to buy more then 1 TB

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set custom background

Give us a way to set the background in Xbox One using a picture from OneDrive.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feature: Sync metadata - file attributes

// Redirected from: https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-explorer-win/issues/1

Would be really useful if OneDrive sync the associated file attributes such as; hidden and read-only flags (at least these basic ones), and expose it to the API as well.

Currently, if you have a read-only or hidden file on a device, after syncing it loses those attributes on the other (except for the timestamp).

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make OneDrive Known Folder Move user based instead of machine based.

Since OneDrive is user oriented it makes more sense to be able to set certain GPO settings on a user level. One of these settings would be Known Folder Move (KFM). Currently the settings for KFM are set in HKLM\Software\Policies\OneDrive.

This makes it almost impossible to make this setting apply to users that don't have an existing folder redirection GPO in place (since the setting is set for the machine, and not the user).

In our environment we want to apply the KFM folder setting to users that don't have an existing folder redirection to their home-drive.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save files to OneDrive via a URL

I wish I were able to copy and/or highlight a URL for a file, and be able to have that file saved to OneDrive (via a right-click option on the menu)...

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive for Business - Please Enable Automatic Screenshot Saving. Why only for OneDrive Personal?

I like the feature where taking screenshots while working goes directly to Onedrive for Business. Currently, this feature is only available in OneDrive Personal. Otherwise, please make obvious on Microsoft OneDrive documents to enable screenshot auto-saving, this feature isn't available for OneDrive for Business!!!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. force sync

force sync. WTF is taking so long to do this?

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Desktop (Sync, Files On-Demand)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Application design

I am sorry to say but the new design has not improved the experience as it should have. The hamburger menus is still there which is annoying. I should not have to explain this to a design team. But here is the thing. Android does not have any menu other than the hamburger menu where all options are stacked. Windows phone has the '3 dots' menu already. Adding the hamburger menu makes it confusing and more importantly look like an android knock off. We windows phone users are disappointed. Please fix it fast!

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base