OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Personal Vault access via MacOS just like Win10

Loving the new feature as it is a great idea for the more sensitive files I keep on OneDrive, however I have both Mac's and PC's and can now only access the files in the vault on my Macs from the web version of OneDrive. The data should be accessible from the native file system just like on Win10.

2,821 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    170 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring the Choose folders option back in the OneDrive syncing setup

I am referring to this MS site where it says that choosing the folders before the setup process is done is available (and it used to be!): https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-files-with-onedrive-on-mac-os-x-d11b9f29-00bb-4172-be39-997da46f913f

Even when using Files on Demand, it takes a long time to setup OneDrive when you have a 160 GB folder. Choosing what folders to sync was a helpful step in this process.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow changes to the icon displayed in finder when syncing on a Mac PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で同期したときの Finder に表示されるアイコンを変更できる機能を希望
    Allow changes to the icon displayed in finder when syncing on a Mac PC

■Description(内容):
    Windows PC で同期したときは、個人の OneDrive for Business は雲のアイコン、共有されたデータはビルのアイコンで表示されるが、Mac PC で同期したときは、共有されたデータが通常のフォルダーのアイコンで表示されてしまうためわかりにくい。
    共有されたデータであることを明確にするために、OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Online の管理上の設定からアイコンを変更できる機能を追加してほしい。

When syncing on a Windows PC, an individual’s OneDrive for Business changes to a cloud icon, and shared data to a building icon, but when syncing on a Mac PC, shared data does not change from the normal folder icon, which makes it hard to understand that syncing is happening.
    In order to make it clear that these items are…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow to priorities download or upload for selective files

allow to priorities download or upload for selective files, as there is no option to do that in OneDrive

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to speed up video speed

I have some long videos but there's no feature to speed up/down those videos in OneDrive.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 Personal One Drive accounts on Mac

I don't understand why you are not allowed to use 2 personal one drive accounts on one Mac computer. It doesn't make sense. I am paying for the yearly subscription so why am I not allowed to have the app with 2 accounts as opposed to using the web interface.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. onedrive made my Macbook to an always-on fan monster!

onedrive made my Macbook to an always-on fan monster!

although there are already a lot of posts, microsoft still is not reacting on any of the posts. otherwise they should have found a solution to fix this issue making cpu/fans that busy! really unbelievably ...
    ... but this is microsoft (as it has ever been, just do own stuff and never listen to paying customers, etc.)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ignore files and folders from sync

Can we have a decade old idea to ignore some files and folders from sync?

e.g. .gitignore or .nosync files

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OneDrive folder naming

If this is not a feature already (if it is please comment on how I would go about this) I would like to be able to change my Onedrive folder so I can do less when it comes to moving files

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive Personal can sync items in the Desktop, documents, Pictures and Videos in Windows but Cant sync in MAC

OneDrive Personal can sync items in the Desktop, documents, Pictures and Videos in Windows but Cant sync in MAC
    Also OneDrive Business can't sync items Desktop, Documents in windows and Mac as well.

Cant it be updated and fixed to chose above folders to sync and sync to oneDrive

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. default "save as" directory should be the same as the file, not the last directory used for OneDrive

On a regular computer, Office apps remember where a file came from. When you press SaveAs the default directory is the directory the file came from, which is very often the place you will save the new version. With OneDrive Save As opens the last folder used in OneDrive even if it has nothing to do with the file you are editing. The chances that directory is relevant are minimal. So if you are not careful to change the directory you will save in a seemingly random location and lose the file. From a usability perspective this is a nightmare…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive for Mac Files On-Demand show as using up space on the Mac flash drive

When looking at my storage usage on my Mac it says "233GB available of 500GB" which is correct, however the visual storage bar says I am using 489GB of storage space within my "Documents" - this is because of OneDrive. Even though Files On-Demand is turned on and the majority of files are not saved locally, the Mac thinks they are. Can this be changed?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for pay-as-you-go networks on the Mac OneDrive sync client

■Title(件名):
    Mac の OneDrive 同期クライアントの従量課金制ネットワーク対応について
    Support for pay-as-you-go networks on the Mac OneDrive sync client

■Description(内容):
    Windows の OneDrive 同期クライアント には従量課金制ネットワークの時に同期を一時停止する機能があるので、外出先でテザリングを多く利用するユーザーでも快適に利用できる。
    しかし、Mac の OneDrive 同期クライアントには、この設定がないため、手動で同期の 停止 / 再開 をしなければならず利便性が損なわれている。

Mac の OneDrive 同期クライアントにも、従量課金制ネットワークの時に同期を一時停止する機能を追加して欲しい。

In the Windows OneDrive sync client, there is a function to pause syncing when on pay-as-you-go networks, which is convenient for users who make use of tethering when outside.
    However, this setting does not exist on the Mac OneDrive sync app, and because of this, users must manually pause/resume syncing, which is not convenient.

Please add the function to automatically pause syncing when on…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Opening & Use Of Files Without Downloading Files (Continuous Working in the Cloud) - Similar to Box

When logging into OneDrive and using Finder to open up my files, every time I open up a file (Adobe Photoshop usually) it automatically downloads the file to my harddrive. I have used another file storage company Box and they allow the file to still be in the Cloud without downloading it to your desktop. THIS WOULD BE SO NICE!! Especially since harddrives are so small nowadays... I don't have the time to download and then re-upload all of the time since I work with a team of designers.

Please look into this as I know that a lot of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Regarding versions of OneDrive for Mac

■Title(件名):
    Mac 版 OneDrive アプリのバージョンについて
    Regarding versions of OneDrive for Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac 版 OneDrive アプリのバージョンが Mac App Store と Microsoft OneDrive 公式サイト版ではバージョンが異なる。
    Mac App Store 版はバージョンが古く、問題が確認されるため、Microsoft OneDrive 公式サイト版の OneDrive アプリと同バージョンをリリースして欲しい。

The version of the OneDrive app for Mac on the Mac App store is different to the one on the Microsoft OneDrive official page.
    The version on the Mac App Store is older and has some issues, so please release the same version as on the Microsoft OneDrive official site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Donner accès au coffre-fort OneDrive depuis macOS

Permettre une utilisation partagée de cette fonctionnalité entre Windows, iOS et macOS.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive基本設定において

Dockアイコンを隠すオプションのチェックボックスをオンにしても、アイコンが消えず、設定が反映されない場合がある。

対処法。チェックを入れ基本設定のタブを全て順番に表示して、最後に窓を閉じると有効になりました。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to chose which folders I want to sync before I have to sync everything?

I have OneDrive with 1000s of folders

I want to install ONEDRIVE on my Mac and have ONLY 2 of those folders synced to my Mac.
    When I install ONEDRIVE, it syncs EVERYTHING, before I chose the only 2 folders I really want to sync
    When I chose PAUSE SYNC to give myself time to chose the 2 folders I want, the Setting Menu Options are deactivated (!)
    When I try to chose the folders while Syncing it tells me WAIT UNTIL SYNC IS COMPLETELY FINISHED to make your choice…..

Ideally, the app should ask which folders to SYNC at…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow users to sign in

Using the latest (as of this writing) OneDrive client on Mac, attempting to sign-in with my organization's Office 365 credentials tells me that the account doesn't exist. However, opening the Office 365 Portal in a web-browser, then using the link to open OneDrive results in a successful sign-in to the desktop client.

Signing in to OneDrive seems like elementary functionality. Might be a good idea to enable that.

It seems in previous versions, the language in the desktop client specifically said "Sign In with a Microsoft Account", and it has recently been changed to "Sign in to OneDrive" or something…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop taking up internal Mac SSD disc space (clicked free up space option - does nothing)

I had to remove the syncing folder months ago as it was utterly wrecking havoc on my computer by duplicating files and even though I clicked free up space (i.e. remove the files from my computer and keep them accessible via the onedrive cloud sharing folder), the files remained on my computer taking up internal disc space. This is all over blogs I've read concerning the same problem. I've now had to purchase my own cloud service so that I can back up and sync properly without the inconvenience of Microsoft and Apple not agreeing on various apps and software…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories