OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. KFM Known Folder Move for MAC

Why not KFM Known Folder Move for MAC?

582 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
    CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
    Please correct!

1,716 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    209 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Due to Apple's new privacy and security measures in the Mac OS file system in their upcoming version 10.15 Catalina. OneDrive can no longer function properly due to no longer having full access the the drive despite enabling full disk access in System Preferences. OneDrive will not be able to locate the main folder due to the 10.15 now having two separate volumes by default. One is for the MacOS system files and the other is your data drive. I'm not sure what other problems are causing OneDrive to not work but I hope it is fixed before 10.15 is…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. support macOS 10.15 Catalina

please support macOS 10.15 Catalina

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dark OneDrive file folder to match System folders on Mojave and up..

While OneDrive now supports dark mode in the menu UI, the OneDrive finder folder itself doesn't darken when other system folders do -

The custom cloud icon folder requires special tagging from Apple to be dynamically darkened as part of enabling Dark mode, otherwise the folder sticks out as bright blue amongst a sea of dark blue folders when Dark Mode is enabled. This is visible and an aesthetics issue in Finder, Dock/Stacks etc. Please work with Apple to correct. OneDrive is a core part of my productivity kit and needs to match my OS!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please fix unicode/UT8 character display in OneDrive for Mac

Please fix the special character display in OneDrive for Mac. It's not displayed correctly in the recent update release (attached picture). Please do the merge request, pull and push the correct code version control correctly and test it properly before release the fix.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Selective Sync on Mac needs to continue even if it cannot sync a particular file (.DS_Store file was culprit).

I installed the new version of OneDrive for Business (MacOS), with selective sync.
    Whenever it got to a ".DS_Store" file, though, it would get "hung up", and would stop syncing. I contacted MS Tech Support and was directed to an article which appeared to be helpful in that it clearly addressed the issue I was experiencing, and eventually was able to get the Mac to complete the sync by deleting the .DS_Store files (which was a bit of a challenge, but I figured it out).

The issue is not just that the Mac won’t sync the “.ds_store” files, but that…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive not working on macOS Catalina

Since Apple introduced macOS 10.15 Catalina, OneDrive Mac app stopped working. It could be a privacy issue, because the app doesn't found OneDrive folder on Mac.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simple, but important.

Hi, after clicking on the onedrive icon, pop up a menu with a list of recently synchronized files. Each of files has menu, and here is one very important function to add - "open in finder". Now you can only open file, share or view online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business を経由して他の PC から開いた動作について
    Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

■Description(内容):
    MacのPCで作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business に アップロード し、他のPCで同期して開くとターミナルが起動してエイリアスとして機能しない。
    他のクラウド製品を使うと正常に動作するため、OneDrive for Business との同期時も、正常にエイリアスが同期され開けるよう改善を希望します。

I uploaded an alias which is created at Mac to OneDrive for business and sync with it from another computer, the alias doesn’t work as it should be because the terminal start running.
    This issue is not happened with another cloud products, so I would like you to improve OneDrive for Business sync…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Corregir los caracteres con tilde o ñ

En la versión para MAC, el texto sale con signos cuando se usa caracteres como la ñ o tildes. Eso hace que incomode a la vista.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. macOS app is downloading from OneDrive Files on Demand

OneDrive on macOS with Files on Demand enabled notifies when other apps or services attempt to download from OneDrive.
    OneDrive should not be notifying and blocking native macOS services
    Company administrators should be able to manage a whitelist and blacklist of apps and services allowed or denied from downloading from OneDrive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Will not stay signed in

I have multiple Office 365 accounts between personal, school, work, and another job. Every time my computer wakes I have to sign back in nearly every time. I can't even use it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix the memory leak in the macOS OneDrive client!

There has been a serious memory leak in the OneDrive client for macOS for over a year. There are multiple posts on the OneDrive support forum about this, and I've made multiple support requests all of which have come to naught.

The symptoms are quite simple - on machines running Sierra and High Sierra the OneDrive client's memory foot print grows without ceasing over time, eventually causing the host machine to run out of memory. See attached image for memory footprint on a High Sierra running MacPro after 7 hours 39 minutes from a cold boot ,with OneDrive (latest version)…

392 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been working on several memory leak fixes recently. One of the main ones was fixed with Standalone version 19.086.0502.0008 and Store version 19.103.0527.0003. If you are not on one of those builds or higher, please update first. If you are still experiencing issues after updating, let us know. We will continue to focus on performance improvements, including memory utilization.

18. The sync of pdf files with highlights added stuck

The uploading is always being stuck at 126.9 KB. Should make the sync of commented pdf files as fast as the sync of word files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove the unbelievably confusing OneDrive personal / OneDrive for business dilemma when using Office365 and combine into a simple solution

Whenever I try to sync using OneDrive I get this really confusing thing that shows me two different OneDrive accounts, which makes little sense to me. It would be great if these could be combined into a neat single solution with clear areas for personal and business.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a `Projects` folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore
    -----------------
    photography/*/RAW
    photography/*/edits

--------------------

This would ignore all photos in `RAW` and `edits` and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the ignore…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base