OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Personal Vault access via MacOS just like Win10

Loving the new feature as it is a great idea for the more sensitive files I keep on OneDrive, however I have both Mac's and PC's and can now only access the files in the vault on my Macs from the web version of OneDrive. The data should be accessible from the native file system just like on Win10.

3,372 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    211 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make OneDrive for MacOS a Universal app

OneDrive for Mac is not working that well on a MacBook Pro with M1 (ARM64 Apple Silicon cpu). It works, but I experience rapid freezes and energy consumption is way too high. Can Microsoft prioritise to make OneDrive into a Universal App with Support for both Intel and Apple Silicon natively?

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make OneDrive work natively for M1 ARM Chip

Have OneDrive work natively on the new Apple M1 ARM chip

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ARM optimized OneDrive needed

need ARM (apple silicon) optimized OneDrive. all other apps have been updated already!!!! Come on!!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring the Choose folders option back in the OneDrive syncing setup

I am referring to this MS site where it says that choosing the folders before the setup process is done is available (and it used to be!): https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-files-with-onedrive-on-mac-os-x-d11b9f29-00bb-4172-be39-997da46f913f

Even when using Files on Demand, it takes a long time to setup OneDrive when you have a 160 GB folder. Choosing what folders to sync was a helpful step in this process.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This should be a little more fancy

Text people for help or chat to someone

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow shared folders to be moved into subfolders.

As described in "Moving shared files and shared folders in your OneDrive" in the documentation, "If you move a shared folder into another folder, it takes the permissions of the destination folder." Since shared folders are placed in the root of the OneDrive folder by default, this makes it impossible to organize shared folders into subfolders by project or type.

In general, moving a shared folder (or a link to someone else's shared folder) into a regular subfolder should not change the permissions of the shared folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-onedrive-for-home-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504#bkmk_move

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Power to cancel downloads

Unlike in Windows, in Mac "Downloads" does not have options, so it is not possible to prevent accidental downloads, either by mistake or because an app "claims" the files.
    Interestingly, the uploads can be interrupted.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow changes to the icon displayed in finder when syncing on a Mac PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で同期したときの Finder に表示されるアイコンを変更できる機能を希望
    Allow changes to the icon displayed in finder when syncing on a Mac PC

■Description(内容):
    Windows PC で同期したときは、個人の OneDrive for Business は雲のアイコン、共有されたデータはビルのアイコンで表示されるが、Mac PC で同期したときは、共有されたデータが通常のフォルダーのアイコンで表示されてしまうためわかりにくい。
    共有されたデータであることを明確にするために、OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Online の管理上の設定からアイコンを変更できる機能を追加してほしい。

When syncing on a Windows PC, an individual’s OneDrive for Business changes to a cloud icon, and shared data to a building icon, but when syncing on a Mac PC, shared data does not change from the normal folder icon, which makes it hard to understand that syncing is happening.
    In order to make it clear that these items are…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive Config saved on OneDrive instead of Local Machine

Configuration of synchronized folders is lost if OneDrive needs to be reinstalled. Furthermore, config can't be copied. / kept in sync with other computers.

Proposal is to store the OneDrive & SharePoint configuration (all synchronized folders and all other settings) directly on User's OneDrive account. If OneDrive client is installed then end user can be asked if the configuration should be used or a new empty configuration should be created.

Backup & transfer of configuration is not possible or not easy to find. Anyway, persistence inside OneDrive makes even more sense.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Folder icon should match Big Sur (11.0) style

OneDrive for macOS should use the same new folder icon style as the rest of Big Sur (macOS 11.0).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please allow OneDrive VPP users to force DefaultFolderLocation and prevent changing it

Enterprise customers who use the VPP distribution of OneDrive are missing out on the DefaultFolderLocation settings and forcing the location which works in Windows and the standalone version of OneDrive.

Is there a limitation because its VPP or does it just require being added as a feature?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/deploy-and-configure-on-macos
    The following are the conditions governing the default folder location: -Mac app store: The path must already exist when the user is setting up the sync app. -Standalone: The path will be created (if it doesn't already exist) after the user sets up the sync app. Only with the Standalone sync app…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Microsoft onedrive not working with Big Sur

installed Big Sur and Onedrive stopped synching - normally also sync with one drive a Sharepoint server - - this also does not work...

deleted and reinstalled - no solution - first it told me that I'm already synching and after that it let me login finally - but no sync at all...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow mac users to sync their Desktop, Documents and Downloads to their Onedrive.

It would be great if you allowed mac users to sync their Desktop, Documents and Downloads to their Onedrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block Download while sharing

Currently when I share a folder or file, the recipient can download the file. I share very important data and I would like the recipient only to view and NOT DOWNLOAD. I believe this feature is available for business and college account. Can this be added to individual users as well?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PLEASE SHOW SHARED FKNG FOLDER IN THE ONEDRIVE for MAC ! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO EDIT TXT FILE ? Its 2021.

^ Above written clearly whats my issue. I cant edit txt file, this is really frustrating. I have to go web onedrive and download it. BUT IF I DOWNLOAD, HOW THE **** DO I COLLAB>???????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sincronizzare documenti e scrivania su mac

Quando sarà possibile sincronizzare anche la cartella scrivania e documenti in automatico come avviene già con google drive e Dropbox e iCloud??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change the time files are stored locally with onedrive/sharepoint on mac

Hello!

I would like a feauture/setting option to change how long the files are stored locally before being deleted and only stored in the cloud again, like you could do in a windows operative system(se picture).
    I will refer to this link ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-disk-space-with-onedrive-files-on-demand-for-mac-529f6d53-e572-4922-a585-e7a318c135f0 ) in the first picture in this guide you can se three types of "statuses" you can se in finder, when you download a file you will have the green circle with the green checkmark but it will be stored locally till you "releas it back to the cloud buy manually right click "Free Up Space"…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories