OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Personal Vault access via MacOS just like Win10

Loving the new feature as it is a great idea for the more sensitive files I keep on OneDrive, however I have both Mac's and PC's and can now only access the files in the vault on my Macs from the web version of OneDrive. The data should be accessible from the native file system just like on Win10.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Command or plist to report current Sync status

We need the ability to determine the current sync status of OneDrive on our fleet of macOS clients. Using a client management platform (eg. JAMF, AirWatch etc) we would like to determine the current sync status using a script or reading a plist. We can then notify our in-house support team of OneDrive sync issues, so we can proactively assist users.

Could the current sync status be written to a local preferences file or accessible via a command line query?

Command Example:
    /Applications/OneDrive.App/Contents/MacOS/OneDrive /synstatus

returns on the following:
    Ok
    Syncing
    Paused
    Error

Preference file Example:
    defaults read com.microsoft.OneDrive.plist CurrentSyncStatus
    returns…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support for MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Due to Apple's new privacy and security measures in the Mac OS file system in their upcoming version 10.15 Catalina. OneDrive can no longer function properly due to no longer having full access the the drive despite enabling full disk access in System Preferences. OneDrive will not be able to locate the main folder due to the 10.15 now having two separate volumes by default. One is for the MacOS system files and the other is your data drive. I'm not sure what other problems are causing OneDrive to not work but I hope it is fixed before 10.15 is…

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. KFM Known Folder Move for MAC

Why not KFM Known Folder Move for MAC?

663 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
    CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
    Please correct!

1,886 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    235 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. First class support for macOS AutoSave feature

Many macOS applications I use as part of my workflows while operating on documents I keep in OneDrive synced folders use the built in macOS Auto Save feature (which includes the ability to revert to previous versions of a file) and OneDrive has some compatibility issues with this feature. I cannot keep "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" turned on because otherwise the afore mentioned AutoSAve-ing applications often interrupt my work with modal windows telling that "the document could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application."

Would be really nice if the…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow the personal vault to mac

allow to personal vault to mac

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. support macOS 10.15 Catalina

please support macOS 10.15 Catalina

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive not working on macOS Catalina

Since Apple introduced macOS 10.15 Catalina, OneDrive Mac app stopped working. It could be a privacy issue, because the app doesn't found OneDrive folder on Mac.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dark OneDrive file folder to match System folders on Mojave and up..

While OneDrive now supports dark mode in the menu UI, the OneDrive finder folder itself doesn't darken when other system folders do -

The custom cloud icon folder requires special tagging from Apple to be dynamically darkened as part of enabling Dark mode, otherwise the folder sticks out as bright blue amongst a sea of dark blue folders when Dark Mode is enabled. This is visible and an aesthetics issue in Finder, Dock/Stacks etc. Please work with Apple to correct. OneDrive is a core part of my productivity kit and needs to match my OS!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show linked file in Finder

Our organization uses Files On-Demand so we can view all shared files and download to devices as needed. When we share a link it would be excellent to have the ability to show the file in Finder on our local Mac's and PC's. For PDF files the link is effectively useless for review/commenting within the PDF when it only opens in our browsers and still need to navigate manually to the PDF within our file structure.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Selective Sync on Mac needs to continue even if it cannot sync a particular file (.DS_Store file was culprit).

I installed the new version of OneDrive for Business (MacOS), with selective sync.
    Whenever it got to a ".DS_Store" file, though, it would get "hung up", and would stop syncing. I contacted MS Tech Support and was directed to an article which appeared to be helpful in that it clearly addressed the issue I was experiencing, and eventually was able to get the Mac to complete the sync by deleting the .DS_Store files (which was a bit of a challenge, but I figured it out).

The issue is not just that the Mac won’t sync the “.ds_store” files, but that…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option not to send remotely-deleted files to Trash Can (like DropBox and everyone else does)

Hi, I just switched to OneDrive from DropBox. I'm using it to sync my files from Windows to Mac and vice versa. When I remove a file on one computer, OneDrive removes it to a local trash on all other computers and this is very annoying.

That is: if I remove a file in cloud, I have to go through all my computers and empty their local recycle bin. This is not how cloud storages work, as if I want to restore a file that was deleted in cloud, I'd use OneDrive's trash can, not the one of my computers.…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update button. Online and also in the App

A update button that can be used when I want.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a `Projects` folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore
    -----------------
    photography/*/RAW
    photography/*/edits

--------------------

This would ignore all photos in `RAW` and `edits` and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the ignore…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix unicode/UT8 character display in OneDrive for Mac

Please fix the special character display in OneDrive for Mac. It's not displayed correctly in the recent update release (attached picture). Please do the merge request, pull and push the correct code version control correctly and test it properly before release the fix.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories