OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sort Onedrive without Folder Grouping

I am requesting that Onedrive contents to be sorted alphanumeric without Folder Grouping at the top of the list.
    Currently sorting in Onedrive results in folders that are sorted and grouped above files which requires me to scroll down for a file I was expecting to be at the top of the sorted list.
    I will often name files and folders in a way that will result in a hierarchy that improves work flow.
    For example, I would name files with numbers at the beginning of their names so the files are in the order of a process to execute. …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option not to send remotely-deleted files to Trash Can (like DropBox and everyone else does)

Hi, I just switched to OneDrive from DropBox. I'm using it to sync my files from Windows to Mac and vice versa. When I remove a file on one computer, OneDrive removes it to a local trash on all other computers and this is very annoying.

That is: if I remove a file in cloud, I have to go through all my computers and empty their local recycle bin. This is not how cloud storages work, as if I want to restore a file that was deleted in cloud, I'd use OneDrive's trash can, not the one of my computers.…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Primer sincronización

cuando se configure la primera vez en la instalación, que no inicie la descarga de archivos, que primero se muestre la selección de carpetas ya que inicia la descarga, se bloquea y cuando se quiere retirar alguna carpeta marca muchos errores y no deja remover la carpeta desde Finder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm unable to setup my company OneDrive to sync on my MacBook Pro (macOS 10.14).

I'm unable to setup my company OneDrive to sync locally on my MacBook Pro (macOS 10.14). Are there any plans to update the app to support using the native OneDrive app to sync my files locally? I'm currently using a third party app to sync my files locally which is less than ideal. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Files on demand turns off itself

It keeps happening every week. I have been tried to re-install the onedrive client, removing the cache and plist but still no luck.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix One Drive heating up processor for no reason.

Fix issues where when I launch One Drive the processor kicks in to where my mac temperature starts pushing nearly 200 degrees Fahrenheit even with my fans max out to the highest RMP it can go. But when I kill One Drive temperatures return to normal. One Drive should be doing this to my computer... it should not be an intensive process at all to the point its going to fry my motherboard. Its unacceptable. Every time I launch the application I should not be needing to assume manual control of my fans and constantly monitoring the temperature of my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 添加笔记本本地化功能

在使用onenote过程中,非常舒服,但是空间比较小,而且同步比较慢,希望能将笔记文件保留在本地,这样就可以使用U盘带走,且很方便,不需要通过oneDirver进行同步。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Menu Bar Icon is too tight

The menu bar icon does not have proper margins separating it from other icons on the menu. Perhaps give it more space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. do KFM work now for iMac ?

do KFM work now for iMac ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Your whole service is a joke. I have called, tried to chat, etc. and was told you all cannot help me disconnect One Drive

Rotten service, One Drive is a cancer that cannot be eradicated and you can't get service to help get rid of it. Tried phone, chat, e-mail--hit a wall. I have Home and Office 2019 IMAC and can't use it the way I want because I can't get rid of One Drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update button. Online and also in the App

A update button that can be used when I want.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How can i stop onedrive from including and syncing all my Google Drive?

I would like to stop Onedrive to include files from other cloud servers. Is there a way to exclude files or folders from being synced to Onedrive?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Configure Teams library for automatic synchronisation

Within the GPO on windows you have the possibility to pre configure the sharepoint sites that you want to add to the onedrive client when a user has access to it.
    This option should be available on a MAC OS client and then within the Plist file for example. this will be a big imporovement in enterprise environments that are using a MAC in combination with Onedrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bird is downloading files. Any Idea what this is?

Bird is downloading files. Any Idea what this is?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to backup a folder in my one drive from right clicking on it

One drive is just a backup solution for me. I want to right click on a folder on my mac, add it to my one drive so it's backedup. That's it end of story.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a `Projects` folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore
    -----------------
    photography/*/RAW
    photography/*/edits

--------------------

This would ignore all photos in `RAW` and `edits` and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the ignore…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix unicode/UT8 character display in OneDrive for Mac

Please fix the special character display in OneDrive for Mac. It's not displayed correctly in the recent update release (attached picture). Please do the merge request, pull and push the correct code version control correctly and test it properly before release the fix.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base