OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Identify duplicate photographs in folder

Help to Identify duplicate photographs in one drive folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No sync status symbol on each folder on Mac, either green arrow or blue or what...WHY?

No sync status symbol on each folder on Mac, either green arrow or blue or what...
    WHY?

My Mac is with MacOS Catalina ver 10.15.6
    Onedrive is ver. 20.143.0716.0003

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better incremental sync with lots of files

In folders with a lot of files, syncing will sometimes get stuck. Clicking the icon will frequently beachball, but when it displays the spinner says "OneDrive is updating files..." indefinitely, often for tens of hours.

An easy way to trigger this behavior is to install a small project's node dependencies. Node_modules folders frequently contain thousands of files and OneDrive chokes trying to sync them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive (Mac App Store version) major sync issues

It often happens that I start up my Mac or I work on a file that is stored in OneDrive (like a Word document) and that OneDrive says "Need attention" with an X on the OneDrive symbol.

Then I have to set up my OneDrive every time.

Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Problem with OneDrive in Finder

I use two OneDrive accounts on my Mac, both of which are under Favorites in the Finder.
    "OneDrive" and "OneDrive - <business>".

My OneDrives are listed under favorites in this order: first "OneDrive" and then "OneDrive - <business>".
    When I start the OneDrive app, the "OneDrive - <business>" shortcut under favorites in Finder moves above the "OneDrive" shortcut.

Can you please fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. One more option for pause auto syncing could be "Until i turn back on".

It is a great App, however, one more option for pause auto-syncing could be "Until I turn back on".

After pausing auto-sync for given time, it is auto syncing again without notification and therefore it is uncesessarily wasting my internet data plan. Option like "Until i turn back on" could enable me to manage auto-sync manually.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support for older versions of OS X !

8% of macs in use today use 10.11. or older.
    All these are ruled out for oneDrive client.
    I'm trying to study with 10.11 and since m$ pulled out Office2016, I can't autosave with Office365, since I can't install oneDrive to 10.11...

Logical support would be that all OS'es that are supported for Office 365, would be supported also for oneDrive!
    Since auto-saving in Office depends on oneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 Personal One Drive accounts on Mac

I don't understand why you are not allowed to use 2 personal one drive accounts on one Mac computer. It doesn't make sense. I am paying for the yearly subscription so why am I not allowed to have the app with 2 accounts as opposed to using the web interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder

Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder. Would be very useful to be able to choose any folder in my computer to have a backup in the cloud or at least use a symlink to back them up.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Back up function for Mac .OS

Hi,

We really need a back up function for Mac .OS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. default "save as" directory should be the same as the file, not the last directory used for OneDrive

On a regular computer, Office apps remember where a file came from. When you press SaveAs the default directory is the directory the file came from, which is very often the place you will save the new version. With OneDrive Save As opens the last folder used in OneDrive even if it has nothing to do with the file you are editing. The chances that directory is relevant are minimal. So if you are not careful to change the directory you will save in a seemingly random location and lose the file. From a usability perspective this is a nightmare…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Shared Libraries created through Outlook Groups.

Using OneDrive for Mac, I do not have the option to include Shared Libraries that were created for Outlook Groups. These are some of my most important OneDrive files, and I would like to be able to access them through the OneDrive App on my Mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to rename local OneDrive sync folders.

Since it is not possible to rename the local OneDrive sync folder on a Mac, a user's OneDrive sync folder in the Finder appears as "OneDrive - Very Long Company or Organization Name". If a OneDrive account associated with an organization, this is what your local sync folder will be named and changing it will break sync functionality. This is very annoying and it currently has no solution according to Microsoft. At least allow the ability to use a friendly name, like 'OneDrive'.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. macOS Catalina uses OneDrive to run a lot of power

masOS Catalina
    version: 10.15.3
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
    I purchased it in October 2019.

I have always used onedrive for business work.
    In the company is a win10 desktop computer, and did not pay attention to "power consumption" and "computer performance operation".
    When I started to run my MacBook, I realized that when I was working outside the network, my MacBook would always run at a high speed, generating heat, and the battery could be consumed by 1% in…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Behavior of the file recovery function in the sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントのファイルの復元の動作について
    Behavior of the file recovery function in the sync client

■Description(内容):
    Mac PC の TimeMachine を使用すると、元のファイルが一旦削除されるため、同期クライアントの "ファイルの復元" が動作してしまう。
    既に TimeMachine により復元済みであるため、TimeMachine の利用時には本機能が動作しないよう改善を希望します。

Using TimeMachine on a Mac PC results in all original files being removed, which causes the sync client’s “file recovery” function to run.
    Since TimeMachine already holds the original versions, please add a way to stop this function from working when using TimeMachine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Due to Apple's new privacy and security measures in the Mac OS file system in their upcoming version 10.15 Catalina. OneDrive can no longer function properly due to no longer having full access the the drive despite enabling full disk access in System Preferences. OneDrive will not be able to locate the main folder due to the 10.15 now having two separate volumes by default. One is for the MacOS system files and the other is your data drive. I'm not sure what other problems are causing OneDrive to not work but I hope it is fixed before 10.15 is…

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow option to download only heavy files the other files are on demand

Some files take so long to download, better to do files on demand but those above 50MB will be downloaded in the hard drive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Command or plist to report current Sync status

We need the ability to determine the current sync status of OneDrive on our fleet of macOS clients. Using a client management platform (eg. JAMF, AirWatch etc) we would like to determine the current sync status using a script or reading a plist. We can then notify our in-house support team of OneDrive sync issues, so we can proactively assist users.

Could the current sync status be written to a local preferences file or accessible via a command line query?

Command Example:
    /Applications/OneDrive.App/Contents/MacOS/OneDrive /synstatus

returns on the following:
    Ok
    Syncing
    Paused
    Error

Preference file Example:
    defaults read com.microsoft.OneDrive.plist CurrentSyncStatus
    returns…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OneDrive needs to add auto sync customer selected folders in Mac!!!

I manually drag the folders to my OneDrive to back up my documents in Mac every single day!! It's 2020, everyone else has auto-sync already. Microsoft you'd better hurry up or all loyal customers using Mac will gradually leave your cloud base services!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop Syncing A Folder

I have all the files within this one folder I want synced to my hard drive. I would like to simply remove them from the list of synced folders, now, but I don't want them hidden from my Finder or removed from my machine. Just ignore them! They are fine as they are!

There are other folders I do not want to stop synching, so pausing my synching overall is not desirable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base