OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive file is Already Open!

OneDrive needs to tell us if that file that we are openING is ALREADY OPEN by another user!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow OneDrive to sync files inside symlinks

OneDrive does not sync the contents of symlink folders. Dropbox does without a problem.
    OneDrive should include the support for symlinks both on macOS and Windows.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop moving OneDrive & Sharepoint folders to bottom of Sidebar on Mac

Right now, when one places the icon for OneDrive or Sharepoint folders in the Sidebar in Finder on Mac, every time the Mac is restarted, the folders are moved to bottom of Sidebar and also reverts back to top level folder of Sharepoint instead of keeping shortcut to lower level folder created.

I believe, as with any other app (Dropbox etc) used for syncing files, the folders in the Sidebar should stay put as configured by user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want those green check icons to go forever

I hate those green icons on folders and files. I don't need those notifications for sync process. There is enough for just one in the menubar on MacOS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names

I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names. Since OneDrive support ignores my feedback and emails - this is the only way for me to attach their attention!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Setting for download files for "keep on disk" while charging only

put another setting for "keep on disk" like "keep on disk but only download when charging"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am getting sync problems in macbook and files are not getting uploaded

Ondrive is not syncing files from macbook due filename error, though the names are correct.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Endless updates and resource consumption

Endless updates and resource consumption.
    OneDrive on Mac & OneDrive on pc have similar problems.

Endless updates and resource consumption!

The email is just an automatic reply. No one helped me.

what should I do?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Error when 2 versions of the app installed

A member of my team had accidentally installed 2 onedrive apps. This was causing her issues because on restart it would open different apps and ended up with multiple synced folders and other unusual behaviour. The app should through up an error or avoid multiple configurations.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Folder Backup for Mac OneDrive

Please add Folder Backup, just like on windows10 OneDrive to the Mac version, I think there is enough interest, if you read through here, it's just all presented in such different ways, you wouldn't realize that there are enough of us that want this feature. I use both a mac and a pc, and having this feature keeps both computers perfectly synced with each other. I was able to do it myself on Mojave, using an app called MacDropAny, however, this no longer works in Catalina.....
    Please add this to Mac OneDrive, I use all Microsoft office365 products on both…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Icon on Mac

Could you update the mac icon to bring it in line with the Windows and Mobile versions

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow me to mark files & folders as "Files on Demand" individually instead of the other way round.

Allow me to mark files & folders separately as "Files on demand". For example I have a 60Gb folder which I want to have the "files on demand" status as I don't open it regularly while I need the rest of my OneDrive folder to be accessible offline.

Currently I have to enable that for the whole folder and then individually mark it as offline accessibility, which is counter-intuitive. Most of my files will be uploaded to the drive my Mac which means it would be locally available as it is. However I want to offload a bunch of rarely…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Simple, but important.

Hi, after clicking on the onedrive icon, pop up a menu with a list of recently synchronized files. Each of files has menu, and here is one very important function to add - "open in finder". Now you can only open file, share or view online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow OneDrive to be installed on a case-sensitive file system

I saw answers from dev team saying that this won't be possible because of the solution proposed. I will make it very simple for the dev team: Keep the Windows file system nomenclature, meaning if some special chars are not compatible between MacOS <-> OneDrive, then simply say that the name can't be used.

We (Mac users) understand that there are filename length limitation on OneDrive. Just apply the rule to the OneDrive in MacOS saying that a name can't be over 100 chars.

Finally, for the case sensitive issue, let people save their file in macOS using case sensitive,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix OneDrive/Office 365 integration causing Upload Blocked

I've been hit with the dreaded "Upload Blocked" error in Word and PowerPoint when working with a business account OneDrive. Note, I haven't experienced the problem until the most recent update to the Office apps on my Mac. I've followed all steps to reset OneDrive, re-install OneDrive, logout of Office 365 in Word and PowerPoint, and always end up in the same spot. Word, PowerPoint, (and I imagine the rest of the suite) open the files from OneDrive but have the "Upload Blocked" error message as seen in the attached screenshot.

I've also reached out to Microsoft OneDrive support who…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to force sync

It would be great to be able to force sync with a right click option within the OS. Also to have the files show that they are syncing. I have had an incredibly frustrating experience with the files at work not syncing with the files at home. One drive says its up to date but I know it's not. there's no proper progress bar. The files only appear once they are fully downloaded. I have a large PSD file at work, but no indication that is is syncing at home. Even online there's no indication that it is doing anything.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the memory leak in the macOS OneDrive client!

There has been a serious memory leak in the OneDrive client for macOS for over a year. There are multiple posts on the OneDrive support forum about this, and I've made multiple support requests all of which have come to naught.

The symptoms are quite simple - on machines running Sierra and High Sierra the OneDrive client's memory foot print grows without ceasing over time, eventually causing the host machine to run out of memory. See attached image for memory footprint on a High Sierra running MacPro after 7 hours 39 minutes from a cold boot ,with OneDrive (latest version)…

436 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been working on several memory leak fixes recently. One of the main ones was fixed with Standalone version 19.086.0502.0008 and Store version 19.103.0527.0003. If you are not on one of those builds or higher, please update first. If you are still experiencing issues after updating, let us know. We will continue to focus on performance improvements, including memory utilization.

20. Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business を経由して他の PC から開いた動作について
    Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

■Description(内容):
    MacのPCで作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business に アップロード し、他のPCで同期して開くとターミナルが起動してエイリアスとして機能しない。
    他のクラウド製品を使うと正常に動作するため、OneDrive for Business との同期時も、正常にエイリアスが同期され開けるよう改善を希望します。

I uploaded an alias which is created at Mac to OneDrive for business and sync with it from another computer, the alias doesn’t work as it should be because the terminal start running.
    This issue is not happened with another cloud products, so I would like you to improve OneDrive for Business sync…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base