OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Reset compatibility with Mac OS 10.6, 7 etc...

Reset compatibility with Mac OS 10.6, 7 etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. one drive运行的时候能耗过大,导致电脑续航时间变短!

one drive运行的时候能耗过大,导致电脑续航时间变短!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. option to download NO ZIP

since you cannot get any files from one drive to a mac without zip, and since zip doesn't work. Then allow non zip download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cuadro de dialogo

El cuadro de diálogo de estado, en la barra superior, debería ser mucho más compacto cuando se despliega para verificar el estado de la cargas. Así como los iconos de los documentos que se estan subiendo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. VERY SLOW SYNC!!! Syncs file after 10-15 minutes.

I have just started using OneDrive on MBP 15" 2018, 32 RAM. I noticed OneDrive client takes 10-15 minutes to sync the files that are created or modified. Any suggestions are appreciated. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add support for the pipe character

I noticed that if I have files on my Mac saved with the pipe character "|" or slash character "/", and move them to OneDrive, they will not sync

Please add support for these characters

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove Nested Folders From Camera Roll

Before, camera roll was one folder where all the files from the phone were uploaded to. Now, with nested folders, it makes it very clunky to find the photos you want to on the desktop. Both Windows and Mac allow sorting by date natively, which is much easier to use than clicking through folders after folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I did give stars and commented already...

Please stop asking for feedback and there is no way to stop the notification.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Word files saved to OneDrive to be accessible via Word > Open Recent. This USED TO BE the case but no longer happens.

Accessing a Word File saved to One Drive via Finder Recent requires a search as it is not at the top but mixed up with other Excel, PP files etc. Until recently such Word files saved to One Drive appeared in Word > Open Recent but this function seems to have disappeared. Either way, could this be done (or redone).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allowing user to

Allow User to choose between sync, upload or download folders. I use the one-drive across multiple platforms and computers some have alot of drive space and thats where i have chosen to sync the one drive with all folders selected.
    On Mac book i only wish to upload, but as soon as i install the application. it goes straight to syncing and the application hangs it syncs all folders and begin to download everything. Unless i go and change it manually,
    which is wastage of time, Please allow choice of sync, or upload only at the time of installation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allowing users to choose different destinations for different synced devices

I have multiple devices to sync in my family (mobile phones and tablets), and I'd like each of them to be synced to a different folder under the root OneDrive folder.
    Currently, all of them sync to the "Camera Roll" folder, which creates clutter and inconvenience going over these files and trying to arrange them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive folder icon is using old macOS folder icon

Just a minor minor thing... The OneDrive (left) is the old folder design and the one in the center and right is the new design.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dark Theme for macOS Mojave

Hello,

I think that dark theme for OneDrive (and whole MS Office) would be a great idea. macOS Mojave has native dark mode and OneDrive sgould too :-)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG: after Mac keychain regen, OneDrive quietly stops sync'ing yet says it is fully sync'd

If your regenerate your Mac keychain, onedrive quietly stops syncing up files to cloud, yet onedrive icon’s status keeps saying everything is in sync. Only way I found out i was not sync’ing was checking files via web interface and noticed no new files uploaded since I regen’d keychain yesterday. Same thing occurred a few months ago when I had to regen keychain.

Restarting one drive and going through all the prompts (including location of onedrive folder it somehow forgets) fixes it, but it’s bad that onedrive icon says all is sync'd when it is not.

MS tech support reproduced…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a TB of space on my onedrive- so trying to put everything on that. The upload stalled but where I got to wasnt clear

I have a TB of space on my onedrive- so trying to put everything on that. The upload stalled but where I got to wasnt clear and nor was a resolution suggested? i.e. what was the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. choose account for screenshot

Choose account to save screenshots. Currently selecting save screenshots to OneDrive selects the personal account to save screenshots. I would like to select OfB account to save screenshots instead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Special characters in

Please add support for special characters in the SharePoint site name. A company name in Denmark can be suffixed with A/S (Like Inc or Plc). It works in Windows, IOS, etc. but it is not accepted in the Mac version, si you have to rename your company in Office 365 to not include the slash.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please develop sharepoint for mac in the same way it work for windows

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does. I cannot sync all of the folders in our Sharepoint but I would like to see all of the files without the need to download all of them. Please let me know how I can do that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve handling of directory errors

When a directory has an invalid name, every folder in that directory is also listed in the sync errors.

Please allow for alternate file names so the files in the folder can still be synched despite a folder name error (character substitution should allow that - or for this scenario just truncating spaces at the start or end of folder names).

Failing that, please don't list all the files within the folder seperately - or at least put the directory with the issue at the top of the list so that users don't go hunting for errors on files when…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. printing from iphone

I use to be able to print from my iPhone to a wireless printer, I need this feature back.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base