OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Enable Important folder protection on MacOS

I bought an office package with Office and got 1TB of cloud storage yet I can't use the Important folder protection (sync Desktop, Documents, and photos folders with Onedrive) to backup and free space on my mac.

We have it on windows and have the 'Free up space Option on Mac already. What's the issue with allowing us to choose what folders to sync outside of the 'Ondrive' folder?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option not to send remotely-deleted files to Trash Can (like DropBox and everyone else does)

Hi, I just switched to OneDrive from DropBox. I'm using it to sync my files from Windows to Mac and vice versa. When I remove a file on one computer, OneDrive removes it to a local trash on all other computers and this is very annoying.

That is: if I remove a file in cloud, I have to go through all my computers and empty their local recycle bin. This is not how cloud storages work, as if I want to restore a file that was deleted in cloud, I'd use OneDrive's trash can, not the one of my computers.…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove Personal Vault without setting it up first

I don't want to use the personal Vault feature. I have to set it up first, and then I am able to remove it from my screen. Would be great to decide if I want to have it or not. Without installing first.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Firefox and Chrome is continuing to download files unprompted

I have Files on Demand turned on a MAC and yet both browsers continue to download files. With both browsers uninstalled, no problem.
    Everything is up to date OneDrive version is 19.174

Is this a bug with OneDrive for MAC?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop moving OneDrive & Sharepoint folders to bottom of Sidebar on Mac

Right now, when one places the icon for OneDrive or Sharepoint folders in the Sidebar in Finder on Mac, every time the Mac is restarted, the folders are moved to bottom of Sidebar and also reverts back to top level folder of Sharepoint instead of keeping shortcut to lower level folder created.

I believe, as with any other app (Dropbox etc) used for syncing files, the folders in the Sidebar should stay put as configured by user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. An addition of rsync functinalities onto OneDrive

In OneDrive I would appreciate a functionality to choose how the syncing is made: e.g. whether bidirectional or onedirectional. I, for instance, would like to just sync files onedirectional onto the OneDrive as a backup, but also would appreciate a bidirectional possibility present ini OneDrive already. A combination of at least some basic rsync command line options with a Onedrive might be nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dark OneDrive file folder to match System folders on Mojave and up..

While OneDrive now supports dark mode in the menu UI, the OneDrive finder folder itself doesn't darken when other system folders do -

The custom cloud icon folder requires special tagging from Apple to be dynamically darkened as part of enabling Dark mode, otherwise the folder sticks out as bright blue amongst a sea of dark blue folders when Dark Mode is enabled. This is visible and an aesthetics issue in Finder, Dock/Stacks etc. Please work with Apple to correct. OneDrive is a core part of my productivity kit and needs to match my OS!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please provide a button to clear sync errors.

I presently have over 3,000 errors due to a resource disk failure. That source disk will never be recovered and the files will never be synced. Yet I'm stuck with all these error messages.

Please help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set Optional 'Expiration Dates' for Local OneDrive On-Demand Files

It would be super great to be able to set expiration dates within the On-Demand files feature so that, if after X number of days have passed a local file has not been opened, it is automatically removed and reverts back to online status.

If we're using the On-Demand features, chances are we already feel a little tight on space (or know we're going to have to reckon with storage issues soon). Having to go back through an entire directory and free up space per file or folder saves any kind of maintenance until the last minute we when are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mac端删除云端文件的问题

在Mac上安装了onedrive,但删除同步文件件里的文件时,该文件只在云盘中,onedrive要先下载再删除。我认为这样很麻烦,希望能直接删除而不是先下载再删除。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cannot access Preferences during file synchronization

While synchronizing files, the OneDrive appears too busy and I can't access Preferences of OneDrive. This is a bit silly because I want to configure which folders to synchronize and I cannot until synchronization is finished.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive on OSX should have the option to not launch at startup.

in OSX, I want OneDrive NOT to launch on startup. I don't want to see the icon in the white menu bar at the top of the screen unless I go into the Application folder and 'manually' launch OneDrive. I don't want Onedrive immediately engaging the cloud on startup. With Dropbox I have this set. The DB icon is in my Dock. Dropbox synchs ONLY when I tell it to. I want Onedrive to allow this same level of control. Its a great product but unless I can prevent auto launch I'll only be using Onedrive for extra STORAGE in…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OneDrive thumbnails not showing on new mac

My new mac doesn't show thumbnails. In order to see them I have to open my photoshop and save the image to see a thumbnail. I work with images and I need to see what is in the folder to be able to work effectively. I use Onedrive ... I do not know if this is a bug related to onedrive or macOS Mojave. But in my old mac I can see all thumbnails using onedrive and macOS Mojave.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Avoid mass deletions after restore from Time Machine

After upgrading a Mac disk and restoring data from Time Machine, OneDrive begins deleting many or all of the files on SharePoint. OneDrive apparently does not recognize the files as being the same. This raises the potential for loss of the entire enterprise shared data due to one workstation upgrade. Please consider fixing OneDrive to recognize restored files, or allow the admin to limit or stop deletions from one machine.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a Projects folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore

photography//RAW
    photography/
    /edits

This would ignore all photos in RAW and edits and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the ignore…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Selective Sync on Mac needs to continue even if it cannot sync a particular file (.DS_Store file was culprit).

I installed the new version of OneDrive for Business (MacOS), with selective sync.
    Whenever it got to a ".DSStore" file, though, it would get "hung up", and would stop syncing. I contacted MS Tech Support and was directed to an article which appeared to be helpful in that it clearly addressed the issue I was experiencing, and eventually was able to get the Mac to complete the sync by deleting the .DSStore files (which was a bit of a challenge, but I figured it out).

The issue is not just that the Mac won’t sync the “.ds_store” files,…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show linked file in Finder

Our organization uses Files On-Demand so we can view all shared files and download to devices as needed. When we share a link it would be excellent to have the ability to show the file in Finder on our local Mac's and PC's. For PDF files the link is effectively useless for review/commenting within the PDF when it only opens in our browsers and still need to navigate manually to the PDF within our file structure.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base