OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Fix OneDrive/Office 365 integration causing Upload Blocked

I've been hit with the dreaded "Upload Blocked" error in Word and PowerPoint when working with a business account OneDrive. Note, I haven't experienced the problem until the most recent update to the Office apps on my Mac. I've followed all steps to reset OneDrive, re-install OneDrive, logout of Office 365 in Word and PowerPoint, and always end up in the same spot. Word, PowerPoint, (and I imagine the rest of the suite) open the files from OneDrive but have the "Upload Blocked" error message as seen in the attached screenshot.

I've also reached out to Microsoft OneDrive support who…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the memory leak in the macOS OneDrive client!

There has been a serious memory leak in the OneDrive client for macOS for over a year. There are multiple posts on the OneDrive support forum about this, and I've made multiple support requests all of which have come to naught.

The symptoms are quite simple - on machines running Sierra and High Sierra the OneDrive client's memory foot print grows without ceasing over time, eventually causing the host machine to run out of memory. See attached image for memory footprint on a High Sierra running MacPro after 7 hours 39 minutes from a cold boot ,with OneDrive (latest version)…

439 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have been working on several memory leak fixes recently. One of the main ones was fixed with Standalone version 19.086.0502.0008 and Store version 19.103.0527.0003. If you are not on one of those builds or higher, please update first. If you are still experiencing issues after updating, let us know. We will continue to focus on performance improvements, including memory utilization.

3. The ability to force sync

It would be great to be able to force sync with a right click option within the OS. Also to have the files show that they are syncing. I have had an incredibly frustrating experience with the files at work not syncing with the files at home. One drive says its up to date but I know it's not. there's no proper progress bar. The files only appear once they are fully downloaded. I have a large PSD file at work, but no indication that is is syncing at home. Even online there's no indication that it is doing anything.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business を経由して他の PC から開いた動作について
    Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

■Description(内容):
    MacのPCで作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business に アップロード し、他のPCで同期して開くとターミナルが起動してエイリアスとして機能しない。
    他のクラウド製品を使うと正常に動作するため、OneDrive for Business との同期時も、正常にエイリアスが同期され開けるよう改善を希望します。

I uploaded an alias which is created at Mac to OneDrive for business and sync with it from another computer, the alias doesn’t work as it should be because the terminal start running.
    This issue is not happened with another cloud products, so I would like you to improve OneDrive for Business sync…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. excel dosyasında ortak çalışmada iki dosyayı tut diye sürekli yapıyor

güncelleme çok zayıf ortak çalışım yapamıyoruz dosyayı kaybediyoruz

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Finder Integration

Give us the option to disable Finder integration. I keep turning it off in System Preferences / Extensions yet it seems to turn itself on.

I finally did:

sudo chmod -x /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSync.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSync

cause I got angry.

Why offer this as an option?

Because it screws with Dropbox's SmartSync icons in Finder, that's why. And I don't care about OneDrive, but I care mightily about Dropbox.

Grr.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better support for epub

Syncing epubs on Mac is extremely slow. Why onedrive is uploading epub in pieces?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Corregir los caracteres con tilde o ñ

En la versión para MAC, el texto sale con signos cuando se usa caracteres como la ñ o tildes. Eso hace que incomode a la vista.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At der bliver lavet en bedre synkroniseringsfil kontrol.

Finder det er vigtigt at nedrive kan håndtere filkonflikter på en nem og overskuelig måde.
    Det frustrerende og arbejdskrævene, når den kommer op og fortæller om en konflikt.

Den kunne meget gerne her spørge om f.eks 3 muligheder.
    Beholde begge filer
    Beholde den gamle fil
    beholder den nye fil
    Hvis det da ikke er muligt at kunne flette filerne.

Samtidig, skal den den ikke fejle på ens mappe navne, kun på filerne i mappen den skal bede om stilling til synkroniseringen.

Oplever store problemer med at nedrive ikke i tilstrækkelig grad er i stand til at håndtere upload af nye…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sync Now Button

No offense, but your autodetect doesn't function that well. Just give us a sync now button please

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. macOS app is downloading from OneDrive Files on Demand

OneDrive on macOS with Files on Demand enabled notifies when other apps or services attempt to download from OneDrive.
    OneDrive should not be notifying and blocking native macOS services
    Company administrators should be able to manage a whitelist and blacklist of apps and services allowed or denied from downloading from OneDrive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better options on Delete Files

"Delete on all" in context menu.

Whenever I delete a file on my device, it will download all the files first and that consumes a lot.

When I drag on the dock trash can, it just stuck my Dock process. Then I can do nothing.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Will not stay signed in

I have multiple Office 365 accounts between personal, school, work, and another job. Every time my computer wakes I have to sign back in nearly every time. I can't even use it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive on OSX should have the option to not launch at startup.

in OSX, I want OneDrive NOT to launch on startup. I don't want to see the icon in the white menu bar at the top of the screen unless I go into the Application folder and 'manually' launch OneDrive. I don't want Onedrive immediately engaging the cloud on startup. With Dropbox I have this set. The DB icon is in my Dock. Dropbox synchs ONLY when I tell it to. I want Onedrive to allow this same level of control. Its a great product but unless I can prevent auto launch I'll only be using Onedrive for extra STORAGE in…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. show un-synced files and folders

It would be awesome if there was an option to show un-synced files and folders. Perhaps they would be greyed out or have an "x" on the icon. This would allow me to see files I have removed from my computer, but still live in the could, without me needing to go into a web browser to see them.

Perhaps there could also be an option that if you clicked on that file it would prompt you to see if you want to download it.

This could be an optional VIEW feature, not engaged by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add to sinchronisation individual folders from different places.

It would be very good to add individual folders from different places, including from local NAS drives, to the synchronisation to the cloud. On the other hand (on another computer) you need the ability "where to synchronise in mac individual folders from the cloud."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Design of main onedrive Icon

It would be very good to have the main icon in green when everything is synchronized and there is an Internet connection, yellow when synchronization is in progress, completely red when there is no internet and there are new local files, the red outline and inside green when there is no internet but there are no new local ones files. (something like this). Of course, the synchronization indicator is also informative, but the gray “onedrive” icon is very boring.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Status indications on files/folders

It would be very informative and convenient to have the same indication on files and folders about the synchronization status as it was done in Windows. Without this, it is difficult to understand in what status the local copy of my cloud or individual files/folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The sync of pdf files with highlights added stuck

The uploading is always being stuck at 126.9 KB. Should make the sync of commented pdf files as fast as the sync of word files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One drive shouldn't be the first option when saving word documents.

I don't like that when saving word documents you are prompted with one drive straight away. Its annoying to then press save to my mac when I want to save my file to my mac NOT one drive. I have deleted one drive because I can't figure out how to turn this off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base