OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. please develop sharepoint for mac in the same way it work for windows

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does. I cannot sync all of the folders in our Sharepoint but I would like to see all of the files without the need to download all of them. Please let me know how I can do that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve handling of directory errors

When a directory has an invalid name, every folder in that directory is also listed in the sync errors.

Please allow for alternate file names so the files in the folder can still be synched despite a folder name error (character substitution should allow that - or for this scenario just truncating spaces at the start or end of folder names).

Failing that, please don't list all the files within the folder seperately - or at least put the directory with the issue at the top of the list so that users don't go hunting for errors on files when…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. printing from iphone

I use to be able to print from my iPhone to a wireless printer, I need this feature back.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enhance user experience with a simplified menu interface of OneDrive

For a better user experience it would be simplified having access to OneDrive functions through the upper bar like Dropbox. I have attach a screenshot of the Dropbox interface. The user can rapidly access to Dropbox functions and the status bar at lower part of the window indicate the status of the synchronization (as usual).

I also attach screenshot of OneDrive. As you see the status information is at the top (unusual) and the access to all OneDrive functions is at the lower part of the window instead of being at the top like Dropbox to facilite access to these…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Default Settings for Sharing Links

A User must be able to make a default setting for sharing his/her files. For example, 90% times, we need to share a link which should not be editable and must expire automatically in 7 days. There is no way to configure this. The current way is that a link shared allows editing by default and it does not expire.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make OneDrive look more like an OSX application

The OSX version of OneDrive looks like a 'tacked-on' application and not a native OSX app, the GUI is totally alien and looks out of place from everything else. Can we please get this polished up and make it less like a Windows10 application and more of a OSX application.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it work on a stock MacbookPro

Currently the OneDrive folder cannot be created on a case-sensitive drive. Well, the stock MacbookPro only has case-sensitive drive, which shuts me out of using OneDrive on it.

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odstart-odinstall/onedrive-installation-from-apple-app-store-fails/9578a5c6-2eb9-402c-ba8e-c7b3b4eb0016

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share option

Would be nice if the new update for MacOS would have a share immediately with the system in OneDrive

For example, when you click to see more details the *Share* button you can choose OneDrive

Thanks

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card

For OneDrive for MacOS: we miss the ability to move the synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card.

It would be great if you can implement such a function for the mac users.

Best regards

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delete or Keep on OneDrive

once you delete a folder or file on your one drive on a mac the file is deleted as well on the one drive cloud storage, this is not handy and it should have an option to decide what to do, because the benefit to have a cloud storage is to keep the files remotely and not locally, I suggest to give us the option to decide if:
    Delete and keep (Mac - OneDrive)
    Completely delete (Both sides)
    keep and delete (OneDrive -Mac)

The only way that i had to do to accomplish this was quoting one drive (shutting down)…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Continue to improve sync speeds, they make the product unusable

I signed up for Office 365, thinking I could use it to replace my Google Drive. However, after a couple days of uploading data to One Drive, I have come to the conclusion that I won't be able to use it since it is so slow in uploading files. I uploaded a batch of files from my Mac to Google Drive last week, and it took one evening to finish. I am now trying to upload the same batch of files from my Mac to One Drive, and I'm 24 hours in and less than 25% done. It also appears…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mac OS OneDrive App updated on 8 May 2018 Keeps Crashing

I have been running OneDrive App on Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6) for a couple of years without issue. It was last automatically updated on 8 May 2018 via Apple's Mac OS App Store. Today 20 May 2018 when I booted my MacBook, OneDrive app kept on crashing on loading. I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled via the Appstore, and same problem. I used CleanMyMac app to uninstall and remove all associated fiIes, deleted the OneDrive folded and reinstalled, and OneDrive sill crashes immediately after opening. I even downloaded the app via the Microsoft website and reinstalled, and still…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Speed up uploading thousands of very small files

I have a local backup of my GMail made with gmvault. It's a folder with subfolders and files amounting to several hundred thousand files.

1. OneDrive stalls... my CPU starts working at 100% for several hours non-stop. I aborted it.

2. I decided to try and upload a single sub-folder with just 1000 files. After taking some minutes to process it, OneDrive started uploading them one by one, taking over 3 seconds per file. This makes it impossible for me to upload the GMail backup into OneDrive.

OneDrive should:

1. Be able to cope with a folder of hundreds of…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Phone or system backups

Can we expect Microsoft to come up with something like Apple's Time machine kind of backup which utilises the OneDrive as the storage and can replicate something like time machine backup.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mac client to enable sync of only selected folders

The Mac client currently lets you to sync all the files that you have on your onedrive with the onedrive folder. I have 1TB on my onedrive and only 500GB on my mac, so when i want to transfer files to the onedrive in order to free space i am not able to use the client anymore.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve upload speed on mac/OSX

The speed with which files sync is simply embarrassing, and this is me being very mild and polite. The product, as it is, is not usable by any standards.
    So please, sort this out.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable storage to SD card as Mac users use Nifty minidrive as (semi)permanent expantion

As the Mac has limited storagespace I have installed a SD card (SD-EVO) with a Nifty minidrive with an SD card of 128GB. It is removeble it sits actually permanent in the laptop.

But it is not possible to select a removable drive.

Request: Give a warning when selecting a removable station but please give the option to select is anyway!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by allowing the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people.

I suggest you improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by enabling the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people (as I can on DropBox & GoogleDrive). Currently, I can only see files & folders shared with me by using the OneDrive web interface.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base