OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple accounts - include organization

I typically have a personal, and 2 organizational accounts setup with OneDrive. When the authentication drops (i.e., I get logged out and have to re-authenticate), it is difficult to determine which account I need to log in to. There is nothing (i.e., organization name) that indicates which organization/account authentication is required. If both organization accounts fail, it is either on a hit/miss basis that I figure it out, or restart OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed

2019-Aug-31-am-09-57-35

Hi mate, :)

Problem: Onedrive doesn't Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed like Google Drive that have a pop up message that shows progress and success rates for each file. This causes user anxiety and confusion.

Solution? Why not a pop up stay on notification box to communicate to user that files have been successfully uploaded.

An idea / product is structured as your problem and a solution.

Though this solution may be unsuitable but this does highlight your problem that affects your $$$ that shouldn't be ignored.

Why not devise your own alternative solutions to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. File name restrictions

The file name restrictions are still in place. There shouldn't be any special character, symbol, space before or after file. It is very disappointing especially when you are uploading hundreds of GBs and with 460 file name errors. That makes you stop the whole process. Please allow any type of file names like dropbox/google drive etc.

Thank you.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Limit number of simultaneous uploads

It's just taken me over an hour to sync my onedrive, because there were a large number of files added and each one sloooooowly uploaded simultaneously. Not only does this eat into my bandwidth for ages, but it means no single file became available on other devices. Allow us to set a limit of the number of simultaneous uploads, which will mean they upload more quickly before moving on to the next files. This, combined with the existing idea to prioritise uploads and/or pause individual file uploads would enhance the syncing experience significantly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cartella remota che visualizza anche i file condivisi

Nella cartella remota OneDrive non vengono caricati i file che altri hanno condiviso con me. Grosso limite rispetto a Dropbox

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Icon for when one/some file(s) in a folder are downloaded

When in finder, a cloud icon appears when files are stored in the cloud. However, this icon appears on folders even when a single file is available offline within that folder. An icon for folders that have single or several files downloaded within would be helpful in determining what has been downloaded and where it's located when viewing your files in Finder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support certificate based authentication for OneDrive in an enterprise environment.

Support certificate based authentication for OneDrive in an enterprise environment for ADFS authentication similar to all other Office products on Mac.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't sync on Mac

It seems that the OneDrive on Mac can't upload and sync for several days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Properly support the macOS file system (special characters, aliases, symbolic links, case sensativity, etc.)

OneDrive is 99% useless on a Mac because the macOS file system is not properly supported:

1) Files are limited to Windows naming conventions. I't impractical to rename 100's of files to complete a sync

2) Aliases get copied as unusable files and symbolic links are ignored.

3) If the drive is formatted as one of Apple's/unix's case-sensitive formats, they're unusable with OneDrive.

These are the deal killers, items like support for tags, etc. would be nice also.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MAC 电脑 查看共享文件,非常不方便,建议,mac onedrive 能直接查看,或者,office 软件能直接打开共享文件夹。你们开发者真的不用mac吗?好不容易吸引过来的mac用户,切记好好挽留。

MAC 电脑 查看共享文件,非常不方便,建议,mac onedrive 能直接查看,或者,office 软件能直接打开共享文件夹。你们开发者真的不用mac吗?好不容易吸引过来的mac用户,切记好好挽留。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Avoid storing uncompressed files contained in zip files.

Hi,
    the default behavior when clicking on a zip file is the uncompress it in the current folder. Then all the uncompressed files are uploaded to OneDrive.

It is not necessary to upload them since they are already contained in an archive.
    If a new file appears in folderA/fileB , it should be possible to check if there is a file in the parent folder called folderA.zip that contains an entry for fileB with the same checksum. Then you could store fileB as reference pointing inside folderA.zip and save the disk, cpu and bandwidth resources consumed by synching.
    I know…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve UX

One of the functionalities I use most often to save space is the "Choose Folders" function. Unfortunately this is hidden deep in the app and should be in the dropdown next to "open folder" in the menu.

Also buttons opening a website should be marked visually with an icon (external link).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add link to show list of deleted files on "Remove Files from All Locations" dialog

When you have deleted more than 200 files, a dialog is presented titled "Remove Files from All Locations" that gives you the option to remove the files from OneDrive or restore them to your device.

Before taking either of these actions, I would almost always want to see what files will be affected.

Please add a link/button to open a display with a list of these files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Renaming Local Folder

Allow renaming the local folder so the OneDrive folder name doesn't always turn out so long (especially if you have Office 365 at work). "Your Name - Your Employer's Name" doesn't look good in the Finder sidebar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better support for Spanish accent

Vowels with acute accent in Spanish are incorrectly displayed. One Drive 19.033.0218.0011. Mac OS 10.14.3. Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Copy Link without entering a recipient name

Currently to share a link outside of the OneDrive menu, you have to enter a recipient name and then click "Copy Link". But, sometimes I just need the link to share in another way. Please allow Copy Link without needing a recipient name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CPU usage too high on Mac.

The CPU usage is too on Mac computers. CPU usage on MacBook Pro is too high. CPU usage is at 20% all the time and the fan is running constantly. One Drive drains the Battery in one hour. If I close the app everything is fine.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base