OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow OneDrive to sync files inside symlinks

OneDrive does not sync the contents of symlink folders. Dropbox does without a problem.
    OneDrive should include the support for symlinks both on macOS and Windows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am getting sync problems in macbook and files are not getting uploaded

Ondrive is not syncing files from macbook due filename error, though the names are correct.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Icon for when one/some file(s) in a folder are downloaded

When in finder, a cloud icon appears when files are stored in the cloud. However, this icon appears on folders even when a single file is available offline within that folder. An icon for folders that have single or several files downloaded within would be helpful in determining what has been downloaded and where it's located when viewing your files in Finder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show linked file in Finder

Our organization uses Files On-Demand so we can view all shared files and download to devices as needed. When we share a link it would be excellent to have the ability to show the file in Finder on our local Mac's and PC's. For PDF files the link is effectively useless for review/commenting within the PDF when it only opens in our browsers and still need to navigate manually to the PDF within our file structure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't sync on Mac

It seems that the OneDrive on Mac can't upload and sync for several days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MAC 电脑 查看共享文件,非常不方便,建议,mac onedrive 能直接查看,或者,office 软件能直接打开共享文件夹。你们开发者真的不用mac吗?好不容易吸引过来的mac用户,切记好好挽留。

MAC 电脑 查看共享文件,非常不方便,建议,mac onedrive 能直接查看,或者,office 软件能直接打开共享文件夹。你们开发者真的不用mac吗?好不容易吸引过来的mac用户,切记好好挽留。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable Important folder protection on MacOS

I bought an office package with Office and got 1TB of cloud storage yet I can't use the Important folder protection (sync Desktop, Documents, and photos folders with Onedrive) to backup and free space on my mac.

We have it on windows and have the 'Free up space Option on Mac already. What's the issue with allowing us to choose what folders to sync outside of the 'Ondrive' folder?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Avoid storing uncompressed files contained in zip files.

Hi,
    the default behavior when clicking on a zip file is the uncompress it in the current folder. Then all the uncompressed files are uploaded to OneDrive.

It is not necessary to upload them since they are already contained in an archive.
    If a new file appears in folderA/fileB , it should be possible to check if there is a file in the parent folder called folderA.zip that contains an entry for fileB with the same checksum. Then you could store fileB as reference pointing inside folderA.zip and save the disk, cpu and bandwidth resources consumed by synching.
    I know…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve UX

One of the functionalities I use most often to save space is the "Choose Folders" function. Unfortunately this is hidden deep in the app and should be in the dropdown next to "open folder" in the menu.

Also buttons opening a website should be marked visually with an icon (external link).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Simple, but important.

Hi, after clicking on the onedrive icon, pop up a menu with a list of recently synchronized files. Each of files has menu, and here is one very important function to add - "open in finder". Now you can only open file, share or view online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Copy Link without entering a recipient name

Currently to share a link outside of the OneDrive menu, you have to enter a recipient name and then click "Copy Link". But, sometimes I just need the link to share in another way. Please allow Copy Link without needing a recipient name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 增加忽略文件功能 just like gitignore

增加忽略文件功能 just like gitignore,不想同步某些文件,如.DS_Store

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I drive in toolbar - status keep open

It would be nice if the status you get when clicking on the toolbar icon could be kept open so I can watch large uploads...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. macOS app is downloading from OneDrive Files on Demand

OneDrive on macOS with Files on Demand enabled notifies when other apps or services attempt to download from OneDrive.
    OneDrive should not be notifying and blocking native macOS services
    Company administrators should be able to manage a whitelist and blacklist of apps and services allowed or denied from downloading from OneDrive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better options on Delete Files

"Delete on all" in context menu.

Whenever I delete a file on my device, it will download all the files first and that consumes a lot.

When I drag on the dock trash can, it just stuck my Dock process. Then I can do nothing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update the menu when we click the icon so it follows MacOS design language

Now that you have updated the icon you should focus on implementing a new menu bar that is similar to other Mac apps. OneDrive menu looks so out of place now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive updates for macOS are hanging/unavailable

LIke everything else doled out by crApple, the OneDrive for macOS on Apple's crApp Store does NOT download; it just hangs.

As Microsoft is undoubtedly aware, Team Crook (Tim Cook and his sheeple) redefine "horrific trainwreck" with regards to appeasing the customer.

Since we (end-users) are ignored and don't care to waste any further time with this dead company, will you (Microsoft) kindly advise crApple to get your downloads working for those of us needing them?

You have the money and ability to "finish off" the wreckage of Cook -- AND give us (at the very minimum) what Jobs could…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a `Projects` folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore
    -----------------
    photography/*/RAW
    photography/*/edits

--------------------

This would ignore all photos in `RAW` and `edits` and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the ignore…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base