OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. View full image in preview on Mac

I use Onedrive on a Mac running Mac OS Catalina.

When I want to preview my images I simply hit the space bar with the file selected. The preview pops up. To cancel the preview I simply hit ESC and I'm back to my files view. I'm a pro photographer so do a lot of viewing and previewing of my images on file.

With the images stored on my Mac hard drive I get to see the entire image in preview.

For images saved on OneDrive I only get to see half the image. See my attached file.

I am…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive基本設定において

Dockアイコンを隠すオプションのチェックボックスをオンにしても、アイコンが消えず、設定が反映されない場合がある。

対処法。チェックを入れ基本設定のタブを全て順番に表示して、最後に窓を閉じると有効になりました。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to chose which folders I want to sync before I have to sync everything?

I have OneDrive with 1000s of folders

I want to install ONEDRIVE on my Mac and have ONLY 2 of those folders synced to my Mac.
    When I install ONEDRIVE, it syncs EVERYTHING, before I chose the only 2 folders I really want to sync
    When I chose PAUSE SYNC to give myself time to chose the 2 folders I want, the Setting Menu Options are deactivated (!)
    When I try to chose the folders while Syncing it tells me WAIT UNTIL SYNC IS COMPLETELY FINISHED to make your choice…..

Ideally, the app should ask which folders to SYNC at…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow users to sign in

Using the latest (as of this writing) OneDrive client on Mac, attempting to sign-in with my organization's Office 365 credentials tells me that the account doesn't exist. However, opening the Office 365 Portal in a web-browser, then using the link to open OneDrive results in a successful sign-in to the desktop client.

Signing in to OneDrive seems like elementary functionality. Might be a good idea to enable that.

It seems in previous versions, the language in the desktop client specifically said "Sign In with a Microsoft Account", and it has recently been changed to "Sign in to OneDrive" or something…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop taking up internal Mac SSD disc space (clicked free up space option - does nothing)

I had to remove the syncing folder months ago as it was utterly wrecking havoc on my computer by duplicating files and even though I clicked free up space (i.e. remove the files from my computer and keep them accessible via the onedrive cloud sharing folder), the files remained on my computer taking up internal disc space. This is all over blogs I've read concerning the same problem. I've now had to purchase my own cloud service so that I can back up and sync properly without the inconvenience of Microsoft and Apple not agreeing on various apps and software…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. フォルダー[個人用Vault]

WindowsやiOS端末のOneDriveのフォルダーにある[個人用Vault]がMacに存在しない。なぜ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive folders/files .onedriveignore (like .gitignore)

It will be a pleasant experienced if OneDrive team could provide feature such as .gitignore for ignoring files or folders that user won't to backup or maybe additional question asking user to backup new discovered folder or not. For example working with nodejs project require you to install node package which will generate nodemodules folder. It's not necessarily needed to include it in backup, since it have very big size but user want to sync all his Project folder across all his devices, besides he's still using git for code change tracker.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just spent over 2 hours trying to fix sync issues between OneDrive SharePoint and my Computer

This is not an idea, just a complain of how much time you're making us loose.
    I juts spent over 2 hours with Microsoft tech support. every-time we tried to resync my folder, it created new ones, connected to old one or did nothing.
    Everything is so confusing once you are looking at multiple instances of the same folder. Please make your tool more RELIABLE, more user-friendly, and clearer. And stop wasting our time.
    Now I have to go manually into at least 6 folders to make sure all my files are actually back-up, it will take another couple of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. file on demand icon

please, can there be a way to differentiate is a file is available locally or only on demand.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow a space at the beginning and/or end of file names.

File names with a <space> at the beginning or end are not allowed and will not sync. Is there a way to remove this restriction? I have a large library of files that were, unfortunately, named like this by another user. I can't rename them as they are referenced by a number of documents. It seems like there is some issue with this on Windows but MacOS allows the spaces.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mehr Speed!

Ondrive brauch Stunden auf dem Ipad um Daten zu sincronisieren. Das muss unbedingt schneller gehen!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sync onedrive to icloud drive

I'd like to be able to sync the contents of my iCloud drive with OneDrive to where any changes made to one can be reflected in the other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sync does not work

what do you need to check it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove size limit on uploaded files

In these times of remote work and relationships, I think having the freedom to upload any file regardless of their size is a must! Please remove size limit on uploaded files!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About the OneDrive for Business icon on Mac OS

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac OS 版 OneDrive for Business のアイコンについて
    About the OneDrive for Business icon on Mac OS

■Description(内容):
    Mac OS 版 OneDrive アプリのアイコンを、OneDrive for Business と同期し駐している状態でもメニューバーからアイコン非表示にできるように設定項目を追加して欲しい

Please add a way to hide the OneDrive app icon from the menu bar even when syncing with OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug report: manually saving

Sometimes, when editing a file on Mac OS, when I have AutoSave off, when I try to manually save the file, the app tells me mistakenly I must either save a copy or discard my changes. If I quit OneDrive from the Mac OS "taskbar," this problem does not happen. Please fix it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 希望Mac onedrive能够增加回收站功能

由于在中国大陆地区onedrive网页版无法使用,希望Mac onedrive能够在APP增加回收站功能,以方便使用。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive on Mac: can't resize the window

Why it is no longer possible to maximize the size of the OnDrive window on a Mac.
    This blocks the management of folders to be synchronized if, however, the folder names are long

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View options for shared files.

Would be nice to have view options for shared files like I do with my own files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Decide what folders to synchronize with your local computer

As of now it is not possible to decide not to sync a specific folder that already resides on the OneDrive when setting up Mac OneDrive client, let's say you have a huge folder that you don't want to sync. This will start syncing now until you are able to untick it in settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories