OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Timeout for files blocking upload (vs. eating up CPU)

I sync my iTunes library with OneDrive, so I always have my music backed up. Unfortunately, that means whenever I have iTunes open, OneDrive cannot upload the files. I always have to close iTunes or pause OneDrive. Usually I'm reminded to do so by OneDrive eating up 30% of my CPU and the fan of my laptop (a Microsoft Surface Book) screaming loudly.

Can't this be automated? If a file can't upload, OneDrive could timeout instead of persistently consuming so much CPU. I imagine most people don't have the presence of mind to open their Task Manager and sort by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Problems that depend on others at the bottom of the list

when showing problems when uploading folders to OneDrive, show the dependent items at the bottom of the list, so I don't have to scroll thro

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. O one drive no MAC poderia sincronizar também as etiquetas criadas no MAC e no IOS de forma a facilitar as buscas nos arquivos na nuvem

O one drive no MAC poderia sincronizar também as etiquetas criadas no MAC e no IOS de forma a facilitar as buscas nos arquivos na nuvem. Este é o único ponto de incompatibilidade que tenho hoje.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Menu items at the top of menubar

Why can't the menu items be at the top so it's quicker to open folder etc. Also, add preferences so you can choose folders faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Merge multiple OneDrive accounts on MacOS

I love the OneDrive functionality and use it daily for work and University studies. My Mac menu bar is filling up brave and quick. It would be great to have my OneDrive icons merged so I could just jump between Drives when required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow filenames to contain any and all characters.

The current restriction on file naming is archaic and outdated.I purchased OneDrive to upload and archive all my working and personal files - only to discover that hundreds if not thousands of files can't be uploaded for this reason. And it is not an option to rename the files. Too many, and those names would be linked within other applications that they're used in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Date modified

Fix the OneDrive sync client for Mac so that the date modified column accurately reflects the time the folders were modified in OneDrive on the web after folders are imported from external services (e.g. Box). At the moment, the date modified column in finder represents the date the folder is created locally on the Mac - not the date it was created/modified in OneDrive (web).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please incorporate OneDrive and Teams on the update list on Mac's AutoUpdate app

MacOS versions of Microsoft Office use the Microsoft AutoUpdate app--why are Teams and OneDrive not included in that update channel?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Lamentablemente la sincronización desde disco externo solo es posible con disco en formato MacOs

La sincronización desde un disco SSD externo solo es posible si el disco tiene formato solo compatible con MacOS, Sin embargo, para quienes usamos también Windows esto es un gran inconveniente ya que no podemos usar el disco en ambas plataformas.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive for Mac Files On-Demand show as using up space on the Mac flash drive

When looking at my storage usage on my Mac it says "233GB available of 500GB" which is correct, however the visual storage bar says I am using 489GB of storage space within my "Documents" - this is because of OneDrive. Even though Files On-Demand is turned on and the majority of files are not saved locally, the Mac thinks they are. Can this be changed?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can't save the files automatically

I can't save the files automatically already uploaded in the onedrive. When I want to turn on the autosave,it tell me to upload the file. But the file is already in onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 下载速度异常

网络正常的情况下,上传速度正常,但下载速度太慢(MAc设备上)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. macOS Catalina uses OneDrive to run a lot of power

masOS Catalina
    version: 10.15.3
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
    I purchased it in October 2019.

I have always used onedrive for business work.
    In the company is a win10 desktop computer, and did not pay attention to "power consumption" and "computer performance operation".
    When I started to run my MacBook, I realized that when I was working outside the network, my MacBook would always run at a high speed, generating heat, and the battery could be consumed by 1% in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OneDrive app killed as soon as it is started

This is a bug report, not an idea. I understand that issues should be submitted “directly within the product”, but the issue here is that the “product” cannot even start.

OneDrive version 19.222.1110, installed through the App Store on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6.

If I try to start the app through the graphical interface (clicking on the OneDrive.app icon in the Applications folder)... nothing visible happens. If I try to start it through Spotlight, I get a single message “The application OneDrive.app can’t be opened”.

If I try to start through the command line (by running /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDrive from a terminal),…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove the Invalid Characters Restriction

I have alot of trouble with a range of my files that dont need the Invalid Characters Restriction so i have to edit the titles all the time

Coming from google drive I noticed they didnt have this issue

It leads to a terrible user experience

is there some way of at least auto updating all the file names in one go to replace the Invalid Characters

here is an example of how faulty it for me at least

Image 1 shows a range of files with naming convention that passes then with image 2 with the exact same naming…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Office recognize SharePoint locations that are synced via OneDrive

Right now if I open an Excel file that is stored on my Mac and is synced via OneDrive - Business (SharePoint locations), Excel does not recognize that file to be an online file. It still thinks that it is stored locally (eg no AutoSaving).

But if I do the same thing with my personal OneDrive folder then it opens as an online file (eg AutoSaving works).

Can you please improve the behavior of these files?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Library folder name sync

If a Library folder name is changed online (e.g., in Sharepoint), that name is not synced by OneDrive on the client though all its content is. I suggest the name of the main folder should also be synced to avoid confusion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories