OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Show correct version in MacAppStore

Instead of the correct version 21.129.0627, this version is listed in the MacAppStore as 21.219.0627. This should be changed, because it is misleading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. need ability to preemptively skip directory (before 1st sync); can't handle account if server contains large directory (num files and size)

I want to exclude a directory from my mac desktop onedrive sync. The directory has about 100k subdirectories/files and is about 150GB. I can't tell my mac onedrive client to skip the directory in the "Choose Folders" window. Whenever I submit that, it spins for a minute or two and then fails.

The sync without this directory would be 6GB. With this directory (that I want to ignore), it is 140GB.

I'm running in on-demand mode (so it's not taking up a lot of local storage). Yet, my onedrive mac client has been syncing for a week and a half.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. notification

OneDrive Finder sync'ing Team SharePoint location --> Notification of new files

We sync team SharePoint locations using OneDrive for Mac. Sometimes we miss a new/updated file in this SharePoint location - because it's a team repository.

It would be great to get a notification - when OneDrive identifies that a new/updated file is changed in a Team SharePoint - and that this file is ready/available in my OneDrive Finder folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. autosave

Autosave on the office suite of products not working unless you save in onedrive. Could we get autosave to work to anywhere on the SSD?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show green sync icons on folders that have only some items synced within them

When you are trying to manage storage space on your computer it becomes difficult to know what is or isn't on your computer. As there is no breadcrumb leading to sync'd files I could have large files or folder something buried down in the layers of folders and not know what to "Free Up Space" for. If you kept the green icon on folders that are fully or partially synced we could then travel down a file structure to work out where I can unsync items or find old items that I have made to always keep on devices but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One Drive for Linux please!!

Please extend the client to include Linux!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I choose QUIT, it should quit and not prompt me.

I already have to open a menu THEN select a non-obvious button THEN choose the quit button. Prompting to yet more "Do you want to quit" REALLY derides the user - yes, they probably want to do the thing they had to work to do. The user knows better than you, Microsoft.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ExFAT folder locations should disable files-on-demand by default

When moving folders to a non-AFPS disk, OneDrive should recognize that it is incapable of supporting files-on-demand and it should disable that feature/option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Round edges for OneDrive on macOS Big Sur

To fit better with Big Sur's interface, I suggest rounding the edges of the menu bar dropdown.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a setting about not to download all the file at first login

When i first login my account, it will automaticlly download all my file and i cant disable it before it finish. When i have over 20G of files, it takes too long to download some file i really dont need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Supporting proxy settings using configuration profiles

Hi,

OneDrive client is the only MS tool that do not support configuration profile proxies (such as Global HTTP proxy).

To be able to send traffic the the proxy OneDrive need explicit settings defined in Network Preferences.

This is usually completely transparent for apps that rely on system APIs such as System Configuration, CFNetwork and so on.

Could you please upgrade OneDrive so that Global HTTP proxy profiles are supported ?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. File search function

The file search function on OneDrive across all devices needs to dramatically improve. I have iOS devices including a MacBook Pro and the search function on OneDrive is abysmal. It is unable to find files for which I have put the name in precisely as it is. Please improve this function

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update the OneDrive folder icon to match the Big Sur theme

Please update the OneDrive folder icon to match the Big Sur theming. See attached photo - Downloads folder on left, OneDrive on the right.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve dark mode support

When MacOS is set to automatically switch between Dark and Light Mode, the OneDrive app keeps hanging on Dark Mode and does not want to switch back to Light Mode.

Please solve this problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Download a folder without necessarily selecting "Always keep on this device."

Sometimes you want access to all the files in a folder, but don't want to keep them "Always," y'know...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Connect OneDrive Mac app with photo albums on OneDrive

Allow access to albums through Mac OneDrive app from the photos folder on Onedrive.
    I use sync option on my phone to sync photos on OneDrive. If I want to review them on my Mac I have to log on to my OneDrive account through browser. It would be great to be able to access albums created on OneDrive through OneDrive app on Mac or somehow connect OneDrive photos folder with Photos app on Mac.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories