OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Fix FilesOnDemandEnabled scriptable

Many of our users have a LOT of files in their OnDrive folder. When the client starts for the first time, it will by default start to synchronize everything, which makes the client unresponsive and the computer running extremely hot.
    For this reason I would like to enable Files On Demand when I install it.

I tried to run:
    defaults write com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac FilesOnDemandEnabled -bool TRUE

which seems to work, but which also has the side effect, that the user can now no longer switch the setting back later if he wants to.

The lower part of the Preferences panel disappears!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the sharing process smoother with a single pop-up box

Please stop tinkering with he sharing process and restore it to the previous version (you did this once before a year or so ago). The process is much more cumbersome than previously and I don't think more than 10% of users enter an email address in the pop-up box. Instead we use the link and past it in email, texts, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix "The document 'file name' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage" for Apps that support version storage

Working with Apple Numbers, Keynote, and Pages will sometimes generate ongoing "The document 'file name' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage" alert.

This error is frequent and annoying enough for me not to migrate over to OneDrive for cloud document storage.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203598

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add link to show list of deleted files on "Remove Files from All Locations" dialog

When you have deleted more than 200 files, a dialog is presented titled "Remove Files from All Locations" that gives you the option to remove the files from OneDrive or restore them to your device.

Before taking either of these actions, I would almost always want to see what files will be affected.

Please add a link/button to open a display with a list of these files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow documents to open automatically when downloaded using Files on Demand.

When using files on demand, I can view all files stored on OneDrive even if they are not stored locally on my MacBook. It would help immensely if we were able to select a file that's in the cloud, have it download AND open automatically. Perhaps this can also be a toggle in the preferences or settings where the end user can choose if they want the file to open automatically when downloaded or if it keeps current behaviour (downloads when opened but does not automatically open the file after downloading).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Will not stay signed in

I have multiple Office 365 accounts between personal, school, work, and another job. Every time my computer wakes I have to sign back in nearly every time. I can't even use it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Renaming Local Folder

Allow renaming the local folder so the OneDrive folder name doesn't always turn out so long (especially if you have Office 365 at work). "Your Name - Your Employer's Name" doesn't look good in the Finder sidebar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exclude certain apps from 'confirm delete'

I keep Audacity audio projects in onedrive and often the software will delete hundreds of files in an edit. Adding the ability to exclude certain apps/filteypes from this confirmation message will mean not seeing it everytime i edit an Audacity project

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make invisible full path of linked folders

The recipient of the linked folder can see the structure (path) of folders e.g. "My Documents/Uncle John pictures/Fake pictures/Party". The path is visible at the top. The recipient should see only the name "Party".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reduce the frequency of app updates

There are seemingly mac app updates every other day, that require that I close out of OneDrive, update, then restart. Can't you lump updates together more tightly? Once a month updates seems a lot more reasonable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove the unbelievably confusing OneDrive personal / OneDrive for business dilemma when using Office365 and combine into a simple solution

Whenever I try to sync using OneDrive I get this really confusing thing that shows me two different OneDrive accounts, which makes little sense to me. It would be great if these could be combined into a neat single solution with clear areas for personal and business.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support for MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Due to Apple's new privacy and security measures in the Mac OS file system in their upcoming version 10.15 Catalina. OneDrive can no longer function properly due to no longer having full access the the drive despite enabling full disk access in System Preferences. OneDrive will not be able to locate the main folder due to the 10.15 now having two separate volumes by default. One is for the MacOS system files and the other is your data drive. I'm not sure what other problems are causing OneDrive to not work but I hope it is fixed before 10.15 is…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please change the UI for Mac OS !!!!!!!

The current Windows UI sucks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple accounts - include organization

I typically have a personal, and 2 organizational accounts setup with OneDrive. When the authentication drops (i.e., I get logged out and have to re-authenticate), it is difficult to determine which account I need to log in to. There is nothing (i.e., organization name) that indicates which organization/account authentication is required. If both organization accounts fail, it is either on a hit/miss basis that I figure it out, or restart OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive not working on macOS Catalina

Since Apple introduced macOS 10.15 Catalina, OneDrive Mac app stopped working. It could be a privacy issue, because the app doesn't found OneDrive folder on Mac.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. support macOS 10.15 Catalina

please support macOS 10.15 Catalina

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Icon on Mac

Could you update the mac icon to bring it in line with the Windows and Mobile versions

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base