OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. I think you should do micersoft chat ideas for classes and stu

why for so teachers can see what there doing and chat with other teachers and see what there doing for class

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open link for OneDrive without using web browser.

OneDrive for Mac often relies on web browsers such as Safari and Google Chrome. Although OneDrive for iOS (or Office app) can open links of OneDrive, and it let us use photo album in the iOS OneDrive app, OneDrive for Mac cannot.
    I suggest to Microsoft that OneDrive (and Word, Excel, PowerPoint app) for Mac can open links for group work of OneDrive without web browsers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 文件随选功能无法真正释放mac的存储空间

文件随选功能无法真正释放mac的存储空间,虽然云端文件显示占用硬盘大小为0,但是在关于本机-存储空间中,这部分被释放的文稿仍旧被系统识别为占用系统储存,希望你们尽快了解并重视到这个严重的问题,这正导致onedrive逐渐占满我mac的存储空间。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One Office365 Portal for multiple users.

I have one office 365 portal with 2 users of one company but with 2 different brands. Brand1 and Brand2 but the invoice is on Brand1 only because the other is simply a brand name and not a Company. If I setup the 2 account on my Mac i see 2 folders with the same name (Brand1) but with different Email (Brand1’s email and Brand2’s email). The problem is that Brand1 is not connected with Brand2 and is very bad have the 2 identities mixed. More, if I setup the second account in IOS i cannot as I receive a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integration with Spotlight

Not sure how viable this would be, but it would be fantastic if OneDrive Files on Demand could integrate with Spotlight searches.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Easy storage upgrades for oneDrive for Business pls. (1TB is a joke!)

Make upgrading to more storage easy. I've been spending hours with Microsoft support on the phone + hours googleing a solution. Upgrading to 2TB or more is so complicated. Can you please make this easy and affordable? + Make the Mac app more stable and resource friendly. It's draining my battery so quickly + uses all of the CPU. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable creation of OneDrive on case-sensitive volumes

Having to clone your drive, then re-format it as case-insensitive, then clone your data back to it is a huge inconvenience in order to use OneDrive natively on the Mac.

I am not sure why all other cloud-based storage do not face this same challenge, but I think it would be a huge boon to your users if you were able to address this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mac users Beware: OneDrive unable to sync w/ Mac & won't accept special characters from Word Documents

Service Request: 1493433784
    I have been extremely disappointed with One Drive and would not recommend it. Prior to purchasing the product I spoke with 2 Microsoft Representatives who assured me One Drive would meet my needs and would work just "fine" on my Mac computer. None of this is true. I have now spent at least 5 phone calls with Level 3 Microsoft technicians attempting to resolve syncing issues with Mac and One Drive. Today I was told as my final answer that One Drive will NOT sync with my "Document" folder on my computer. Completely unacceptable since both Google…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Date Taken column available

When managing photos in finder it would be good to have the Date Taken column available as with the web browser.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive causes my Mac to overheat

There seems to be a lot of different problems with the MacOS OneDrive app that causes OneDrive to use a lot of system resources and overheat my mac. I can't use my MBP for more than about an hour with the OneDrive App open. With the app closed I can easily use my MBP for over 6-7 hours.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give update notifications via the app

I did not download the app from the app store and therefore I get no updates and have to monitor updates here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/onedrive-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#ID0EACAAA=Mac

This seems bonkers. I should get update notifications via the app. I raised a ticket via Microsoft Support about issues that were resolved in the latest update that I wasn't aware of. This is a waste of my time and Microsoft's time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fehlerbehebung

Nicht erkennbar, wo das Dateiproblem liegt. Datei(en) manuell von der Synchronisierung ausschließen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please allow the choice of folders to sync during program installation.

If your OneDrive is nearly full and 1TB like mine, you dread having to install OneDrive onto your Mac as all contents from OneDrive will download to your computer automatically as a part of the sync feature. Only once everything is downloaded you can then change your settings to which folders you wish to choose to sync, and then everything "returns" back to the cloud freeing up that space you lost. How is it that we can't get it right the first time during installation and just choose the folders we want to have synced.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Files On Demand causing problems with saving in other Office apps!

This issue has been raised in the different Office app discussions, but most users don't realize it's being caused by OneDrive.

Normal Save As behavior is: you open a document, click Save As, and the dialog shows the folder you just opened from.

This is critical for workflows where documents are opened then saved as new versions or client names or etc. All the Office apps functioned normally until OneDrive rolled out FOD on Mac.

What's happening now is: you open a file and click Save As, but the dialog opens the last folder any OTHER file was saved from…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow user to choose which OneDrive Sync folder is the primary (computer or Cloud).

Two issues (syncing options and deleting folders):

Allow the individual to choose which OneDrive Sync folder is the Master folder either the computers folder or the Cloud folder.

Instead of the two merging and bringing over extra/duplicated/deleted files (due to a lapse in syncing) it would be nice to be able to tell the system that the computers folder is the primary and vice versa.

DELETE FULL FOLDER:

Also Let the user be able to delete a FULL folder instead of needing to delete the files > the folders they are in > the folders those are in plus files…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make one drive sync over cable

I have 4 devices: Mac Laptop, Windows on Parallels, iPad and iPhone. It would be nice to be able to sync all of them over wifi w/o having to upload and download from the internet 4 times!
    This would have the following benefits:
    1-speed of update
    2-avoid draining metered connections quotas
    3-the cloud is still single source of truth but parallels, osx and iOS update automatically from the home computer all the files that are not changed vs the cloud
    4-avoid clutter on slow internet connections

Remember that not everybody travels at 1GBPS especially when in travel mode, public wifi…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base