OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. This should be a little more fancy

Text people for help or chat to someone

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sincronizzare documenti e scrivania su mac

Quando sarà possibile sincronizzare anche la cartella scrivania e documenti in automatico come avviene già con google drive e Dropbox e iCloud??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the time files are stored locally with onedrive/sharepoint on mac

Hello!

I would like a feauture/setting option to change how long the files are stored locally before being deleted and only stored in the cloud again, like you could do in a windows operative system(se picture).
    I will refer to this link ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save-disk-space-with-onedrive-files-on-demand-for-mac-529f6d53-e572-4922-a585-e7a318c135f0 ) in the first picture in this guide you can se three types of "statuses" you can se in finder, when you download a file you will have the green circle with the green checkmark but it will be stored locally till you "releas it back to the cloud buy manually right click "Free Up Space"…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive for Business should respect last modified dates

When a file is copied to OneDrive for Business it affects the last modified date of the file. Whereas Google Drive maintains the prior last modified date because a copy isn't a modification.

This is helpful for tracking when someone last updated something they were working on. If a file hasn't been changed in 3 years, the last modified date should respect that when copied to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync document, desktop, and pictures folder like windows client?

Could Macs get the same functionality as our Windows brethren? On Windows, when one-drive is installed, it is set to backup desktop, documents, and pictures folders out of the gate. We, on the Mac side, don't get the same coverage. Can we get this same type of auto-configured backup? Or at least have the ability to configure the one-drive client to back these folders up?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow shared folders to be moved into subfolders.

As described in "Moving shared files and shared folders in your OneDrive" in the documentation, "If you move a shared folder into another folder, it takes the permissions of the destination folder." Since shared folders are placed in the root of the OneDrive folder by default, this makes it impossible to organize shared folders into subfolders by project or type.

In general, moving a shared folder (or a link to someone else's shared folder) into a regular subfolder should not change the permissions of the shared folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-onedrive-for-home-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504#bkmk_move

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Correzione Bug grafico Mac

Su Mac Onedrive ha dei problemi che sono principalmente grafici.
    Problemi
    1) non vengono visualizzate nella cartella Onedrive le icone sui file ( Sync, flag verde, ecc )
    Correzione urgente perchè non si capisce quando i file sono sincronizzati

2)Il Mac fa vedere non lo spazio che occupa in quel momento la cartella di Onedrive ma lo spazio che occuperebbe se fosse tutto sincronizzato in locale!
    Anche qui correzione URGENTE

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. save a copy folder

WHY can't "save a copy" save to the folder of the orginal file? WHY does it go to the previous folder? totally crazy that this has changed after decades of "save as" being in the same folder as the original. TERRIBLE FEATURE.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make default directory for "save as" for autosave-enabled file same as the original file

When saving a new version of an autosave-enabled file in Office + OneDrive on a Mac, the file ends up on random locations. The standard behaviour should be in the same folder as the current file, but instead some kind of cached value for recent folder is used.

Example:
    Save as for a new version of "filename 1" in folder "A" may result in "filename 2" being stored in folder X somewhere else. (Apparently because I have earlier worked on another file in folder X.)

If you search for this problem, you will find that numerous people have reported this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. macOS: Return to native UI interface look and feel

On the mac OneDrive app, the interface for picking folders to sync (for example) used to be very native looking and is like the Preference panel. Now it's this ugly and slow black interface that doesn't look like macOS. Please return to a more native UI look!

Attached is a screenshot of the native interface and the current one

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Backup and Restore Macbook

I cannot find the ability to backup and restore Macbook using its Time Machine app to OneDrive storage online. Hope this can be done ASAP. For backup and restore.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. .tt extension for fonts

add extension " .tt " this format for fonts its not compatible when upload files to one drive ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Actually pay attention to User Voice suggestions...

PROBLEM: Your 10 most highly-voted, unresolved feature suggestions are all more than 1.5 years old. The median age of these 10 unresolved suggestions is 3 years old.

BACKGROUND: These 10 requests range in vote count from 300 to more than almost 3300 votes, and with exception to one request with a note from three months ago suggesting that someone was "working on it," most haven't been acknowledged in any way in years, if at all.

OPINION: I think this is a fundamentally-flawed approach to addressing what your users value most.

SUGGESTION: I think you should get MVPs out the door,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ondrive mac responding slow

I am using One Drive for Mac. Its is newly installed all drivers up to date. No sync issue and One Drive is working correct without errors but the interface is late to respond my clicks. I click the button and the screen responds after 4-5 seconds, can this be fixed in next update?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve

OneDrive for Business on Mac is HORRIBLE. I have syncing issues every single day of my life. Please improve this product. I need it, but I hate it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reduce CPU Usage

I have encountered a problem with OneDrive for Mac since at least February of 2020. The problem manifests where Activity Monitor reports >90% CPU utilization. If you click on the OneDrive icon on the menu bar, the status area of the pop-up panel will repeat the same series of messages:

Processing 4 changes
    Processing 13 changes
    Processing 20 changes
    Processing 4 changes
    Processing 15 changes
    Processing 23 changes
    Processing 5 changes
    Processing 13 changes
    Processing 18 changes

And then it repeats. The program is obviously stuck in a loop and it would likely be very easy to determine why if…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. App-Symbol

Bitte Symbol von Persönlicher und Geschäftlicher OneDrive farblich unterschiedlich darstellen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make OneDrive work natively for M1 ARM Chip

Have OneDrive work natively on the new Apple M1 ARM chip

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here