OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sync Now Button

No offense, but your autodetect doesn't function that well. Just give us a sync now button please

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. show un-synced files and folders

It would be awesome if there was an option to show un-synced files and folders. Perhaps they would be greyed out or have an "x" on the icon. This would allow me to see files I have removed from my computer, but still live in the could, without me needing to go into a web browser to see them.

Perhaps there could also be an option that if you clicked on that file it would prompt you to see if you want to download it.

This could be an optional VIEW feature, not engaged by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add to sinchronisation individual folders from different places.

It would be very good to add individual folders from different places, including from local NAS drives, to the synchronisation to the cloud. On the other hand (on another computer) you need the ability "where to synchronise in mac individual folders from the cloud."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Design of main onedrive Icon

It would be very good to have the main icon in green when everything is synchronized and there is an Internet connection, yellow when synchronization is in progress, completely red when there is no internet and there are new local files, the red outline and inside green when there is no internet but there are no new local ones files. (something like this). Of course, the synchronization indicator is also informative, but the gray “onedrive” icon is very boring.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Status indications on files/folders

It would be very informative and convenient to have the same indication on files and folders about the synchronization status as it was done in Windows. Without this, it is difficult to understand in what status the local copy of my cloud or individual files/folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Personal Vault access via MacOS just like Win10

Loving the new feature as it is a great idea for the more sensitive files I keep on OneDrive, however I have both Mac's and PC's and can now only access the files in the vault on my Macs from the web version of OneDrive. The data should be accessible from the native file system just like on Win10.

279 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. One drive shouldn't be the first option when saving word documents.

I don't like that when saving word documents you are prompted with one drive straight away. Its annoying to then press save to my mac when I want to save my file to my mac NOT one drive. I have deleted one drive because I can't figure out how to turn this off.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is the most spammy software I have ever had invade my operating system.

This is the most spammy software I have ever had invade my operating system.

Stop trying to constantly log me in. I will decide when I am ready to log in, thanks.

Stop changing the focus back to your folder in Finder. I am busy trying to do work and dont want to be constantly re-focused on what your spammy software is doing, or as is the case mostly, not doing, I will decide when I want to use/look at/tab to/ focus on your software - which is never because it GETS IN THE WAY OF ME DOING ACTUAL WORK

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option not to send remotely-deleted files to Trash Can (like DropBox and everyone else does)

Hi, I just switched to OneDrive from DropBox. I'm using it to sync my files from Windows to Mac and vice versa. When I remove a file on one computer, OneDrive removes it to a local trash on all other computers and this is very annoying.

That is: if I remove a file in cloud, I have to go through all my computers and empty their local recycle bin. This is not how cloud storages work, as if I want to restore a file that was deleted in cloud, I'd use OneDrive's trash can, not the one of my computers.…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Personal Vault security

User defined pin code length and character type for personal vault. Personal vault is new and including the addition of customising the pin code feature would be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Problems Not Uploaded from Storage

Connect the OneDrive to the storage and use it in MacOS This is because there is not enough space for the hdd where the os are installed. But the problem is, it doesn't sync. Downloads can be downloaded, but not uploaded. Please solve the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. sync only office files

Option for specific folders to sync only office files such as word docs or excel files. That way I have my automatic save and don't have to store videos etc in a different folder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed

2019-Aug-31-am-09-57-35

Hi mate, :)

Problem: Onedrive doesn't Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed like Google Drive that have a pop up message that shows progress and success rates for each file. This causes user anxiety and confusion.

Solution? Why not a pop up stay on notification box to communicate to user that files have been successfully uploaded.

An idea / product is structured as your problem and a solution.

Though this solution may be unsuitable but this does highlight your problem that affects your $$$ that shouldn't be ignored.

Why not devise your own alternative solutions to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update button. Online and also in the App

A update button that can be used when I want.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow OneDrive to sync files inside symlinks

OneDrive does not sync the contents of symlink folders. Dropbox does without a problem.
    OneDrive should include the support for symlinks both on macOS and Windows.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am getting sync problems in macbook and files are not getting uploaded

Ondrive is not syncing files from macbook due filename error, though the names are correct.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Icon for when one/some file(s) in a folder are downloaded

When in finder, a cloud icon appears when files are stored in the cloud. However, this icon appears on folders even when a single file is available offline within that folder. An icon for folders that have single or several files downloaded within would be helpful in determining what has been downloaded and where it's located when viewing your files in Finder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base