OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. App-Symbol

Bitte Symbol von Persönlicher und Geschäftlicher OneDrive farblich unterschiedlich darstellen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make OneDrive work natively for M1 ARM Chip

Have OneDrive work natively on the new Apple M1 ARM chip

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We should be able to add atleast 2 personal onedrive accounts on mac or Windows 10

We should be able to add 2 personal onedrive accounts on mac or Windows 10, as of now when logging in to 2nd account the message comes that we are already syncing onedrive on this computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Listing URLs for sharing multiple files from OneDrive folder

I have many files in a folder, each one a scanned image of a document used in a bibliography for a book. I need to generate a list of each filename and the OneDrive URL that can access it, to import into a separate reference tool (Zotero). This would be most helpful as I have over 600 files to document.

I cannot find a way to do this in OneDrive Personal, although there may be an admin script possible for SharePoint.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. open all the usage rights in the Chinese mainland market

I hope that one drive can open all the usage rights in the Chinese mainland market as soon as possible. For example, one drive currently does not support ‘online viewing’ and must use a VPN; it is also not possible to view the contents of the personal vault on a mac computer. This is very inconvenient, and if onedrive can be improved, it will be very pleasant.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't stall when sync fails and support local Save when sync fails

When the OS is connected to a network, OneDrive thinks it can always synchronize with the cloud. I switch network often: different Wi-Fi networks, wired lab networks, different VPNs; not all these networks have access to the MS cloud. I expect to be able to use my office docs that are stored on a local OneDrive folder with option "Always Keep on This Device" at any time and keep them open while switching network. However, when the MS Cloud can't be reached the office 356 desktop tools starts to become nervous: increased CPU consumption, stall, refuse to save locally. The…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The document “xxxxxx" could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application. [Save Anyway]

This is related to files stored in a local OneDrive folder with the option "Always keep on this device" and edited with non 365 tools, e.g. a ascii text editor. When I'm straight connected to the Internet it all works normal. When I start the corporate VPN connection, everytime I press Save, I get the message "The document xxxxxx could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application" and have to press the [Save Anyway] button. This is very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expirience a lot off lag / sync issues when using Add shortcut to OneDrive from Sharepoint Library. Syncing is horrible slow...

Throw out the window.. i have no clue but i lost 3 days spending time with this..

OneDrive not responding in Monitor, horrible syncing versions 20.x on BigSur while syncing SharePoint Library with Add ShortCut function....When delete files/folder you get a One Drive needs attention.. romve files form all locations? The red button Remove does not work/reponse.. OneDrive App show a x in the Icon

Just Syncing from SharePoint works better

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. an ignore file

a .gitignore like file that excludes certain filenames globally wherever they’re created they follow a certain glob pattern exactly like the .gitignore files and they can recursively match using (**/) files so that log files and caches don’t get synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option To Quit Onedrive If Drive Is Unavailable, Instead Of Breaking

if my OneDrive folder is located on an external drive which is not plugged in, every time I open OneDrive or boot my Mac, OneDrive comes up with the error that it cant find the folder with options: try again or completely sign out of the program to go through set up and sign in again. neither will work because the drive is not connected (USB HDD) and there is no way to quit or cancel OneDrive, cant even close the error window, the only thing I can do is force terminate the process via activity monitor, which is very…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive Config saved on OneDrive instead of Local Machine

Configuration of synchronized folders is lost if OneDrive needs to be reinstalled. Furthermore, config can't be copied. / kept in sync with other computers.

Proposal is to store the OneDrive & SharePoint configuration (all synchronized folders and all other settings) directly on User's OneDrive account. If OneDrive client is installed then end user can be asked if the configuration should be used or a new empty configuration should be created.

Backup & transfer of configuration is not possible or not easy to find. Anyway, persistence inside OneDrive makes even more sense.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we get logging on OneDrive status on the web?

Use case here is for troubleshooting purposes. It would be nice to see if OneDrive is updating files, which files it's updating, etc.

This would have the benefit of reducing support calls or the need to call support in the first place.

I would add that macos client is truly awful at showing status as well. I can't reliably count on it to tell me what it's doing, or even if it's signed in. I've largely given up on the client telling me what it's doing and just restart the **** thing when I'm unsure.

The Windows client is better…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Different menu bar icon colors for different OneDrive accounts

How about using color or other differentiators for menu icons when you have multiple OneDrive accounts leading to difficulty finding the correct menu bar icon for the account you want?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive für Unternehmen

Neben dem persönlichen OneDrive soll es auch einen OneDrive geben, auf den alle Benutzer einer Organisation Zugriff haben. Ohne, dass man einen Sharepoint einrichten muss.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Onedrive Starts Syncing Before I can select folders to Sync

When you setup an exisitng Onedrive, I would like to be able to select the folders before Onedrive starts syncing. During the initial sync, I can't deselect any folder (it returns an error message).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Direct Download to OneDrive

A Finder extension that allows direct download to OneDrive - bypassing the local Mac drive -- like Google offers for Google Drive for Teams would be very welcome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base