OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Today, onedrive displays "your onedriver is full", and "get more storage space" shows that it has returned from 1TB to 5GB, which was not a

Today, onedrive displays "your onedriver is full", and "get more storage space" shows that it has returned from 1TB to 5GB, which was not a problem in normal use before. I bought the Microsoft 365 personal version, which expires next year.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Intuitive Sync Options

I'm coming from Dropbox to OneDrive. Lots of reasons why - but nevertheless - I have noticed something about these two syncing clients for Mac. With Dropbox - if I choose to sync a large folder of files (sometimes 40GB and up) - the Dropbox client will automatically allocate space on the Mac before downloading the files. (I can watch it take that space before the files are available). It also syncs 50+ files at a time, which is great when there are thousands of smaller files like documents and images. In contrast, the OneDrive client does not appear to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ensure all files and all *future files* in a folder will be moved to the cloud to "free up space".

Today, when I select "free up space" for a folder, the files currently inside the folder will be freed up, moved to the cloud. Any new files I copy in will not be moved.
    I want all files in a specific folder to be moved always. I can't find the option of how to do this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Pause Syncing an on/off toggle

Pause Sync should be a simple on /off toggle (and a persistent one). Just as it is with Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. The current range of options (where we can only choose between 2, 8, and 24 hour periods for pause) seems unhelpful to me. You either want to pause, or you don't. A simply "pause" icon could then appear in the menu bar icon (again, just as it does with Dropbox and Google Drive).
    (Google Drive is now "Google Backup and Sync", but I still call it Google Drive).

MS OneDrive for Business, v 19.152.0801
    macOS 10.13.6

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve the Menu Bar Icon

Whenever the internet connection is cut (e.g. because the wifi is still 'waking up' and establishing its connection), the app logo in the menu bar instantly shows the spinning circular arrow sign and, if clicked, the drop-down menu says "OneDrive is updating files...", which is clearly not true since the internet connection has gone. This is annoying. Why does the app use the same sign to indicate two very different states (i.e., uploading files to the cloud, and not being able to connect to the internet)? This is poor GUI design. The logical thing would be for the icon to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive is confusing my Mac's storage.

OneDrive is confusing my Mac's storage detection. When I click on 'About this mac' -> storage, it shows all of my online-only OneDrive files as being on my mac harddrive and taking up space. However, I have already told OneDrive to only keep these on the remote cloud, so they should not be on my harddrive. So I have far more available space on my harddrive than my computer thinks it does because it is confusing my onedrive files as being on the local drive, taking up space. This is causing problems because it makes my computer think that I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow excluding files and folders by pattern. For example, exclude all the .ipynb-checkpoint folders.

Allow excluding files and folders by pattern. For example, exclude all the .ipynb-checkpoint folders. GitHub has the .gitignore file, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pausar o cambiar el orden de un archivo en especifico

Sería buena opción permitir pausar o cambiar el orden de carga de un archivo en especifico, en caso tal de tener varios archivos cargando, pausar el que pesa bastante y primero dejar cargar los más ligeros.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Battery save mode to reduce CPU usage

We need the same functionality that exists in Windows 10 to pause syncing when the Mac is on battery. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "Open online version in desktop app" option on Mac

It would be great to be able to directly open the online version of shared/synced files in the desktop app on Mac. Currently, if you double click a shared/synced file in Finder, the locally-synced version version opens in the desktop app. The only way to open the online version in the desktop app is to select "View online" from the context menu, then select "open in desktop app" on the resulting Office Online file.

What I'd like to see is either:
    1. Another context menu item for "Open online version in desktop app", and/or...
    2. A setting in OneDrive to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder

Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder. Would be very useful to be able to choose any folder in my computer to have a backup in the cloud or at least use a symlink to back them up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please increase the number of video formats that display thumbnails when file on demand is enabled.

Please increase the number of video formats that display thumbnails when file on demand is enabled.
    mp4, mov, etc.

It seems that some file formats are supported.
    m4v, wmv, etc.

I'm having trouble finding videos offline because the thumbnails don't appear.
    Especially mp4 is a widely used file format, so I would like you to support it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ignore files and folders from sync

Can we have a decade old idea to ignore some files and folders from sync?

e.g. .gitignore or .nosync files

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using the OneDrive application on Mac I would like to be able to see entire content of the drive even if I am not syncing it to my local dri

Using the OneDrive application on Mac I would like to be able to see the entire content of the drive even if I am not syncing it to my local drive. At the moment, I can see in "OneDrive" folder only items that are synchronised.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The sync of files are not in real time

Sometimes it's instant and sometimes files work on other computer never sync!! Must need to review!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. mac os 10.15.4 ,目前在使用onedrive时候,内存占用非常明显,经常在100%以上,请更新

mac os 10.15.4 ,目前在使用onedrive时候,内存占用非常明显,经常在100%以上,请更新

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sharepoint Sites with names with characters like "á" "é" "í" "ó" "ú" do not sync properly (spanish words).

If I sync a sharepoint site with a name like "Implementeción Itecnológica" (using a very common special character) the folder and files loads on my computer, but two problems apear:

1) at the very same moment I click sync, the status icons from all of my OneDrive folders dessapear.
    2) if I open any word, excel or powerpoint from that sharepoint, it does not work with autosave on. The app tells me that in order for me to work with autosave on is if I have the file on OneDrive or Sharepoint.

In order for my to make it work…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring the Choose folders option back in the OneDrive syncing setup

I am referring to this MS site where it says that choosing the folders before the setup process is done is available (and it used to be!): https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-files-with-onedrive-on-mac-os-x-d11b9f29-00bb-4172-be39-997da46f913f

Even when using Files on Demand, it takes a long time to setup OneDrive when you have a 160 GB folder. Choosing what folders to sync was a helpful step in this process.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)