OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. japanese font

japanese font used by sync client menu is too thin to read. please use more readable font.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop improving things into worse

I am constantly frustrated by some strange little updates from Onedrive iPad version. Every time I update reading "new features, new improvements, bug fixed" they actually means more bugs to me!! After a terrible upgrade yesterday to the newest version, I had no idea why onedrive converged my handwritten notes written with apple pen into low resolution, which had never happened before i updated. now I had to erase everything and wrote them all over again or my colleague wont understand what I wrote inside the pdf! The two pics show how this resolution changed my writings, and there are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better user feedback.

Sync screen indicates "processing changes" for 6.5 hours now at 100% CPU. Let the user know that your still doing something!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get Freeup Space to actually work on Mac

Get Freeup Space to actually work on Mac

When I select free up space on a folder, it remains on the mac and takes up space. The whole point is not to use up my mac HDD.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable Mac files to be stored on OneDrive

As a Mac and Office 365 user, it would be great to use the 1 Tb storage on OneDrive for backup and other purposes. But it is nearly totally useless for Mac. Many Mac files names cannot be stored on OneDrive. It seems overwhelmingly obvious that a backup/storage service for Mac users should accept Mac file names.

Microsoft should not be relying on user feedback for obvious issues like this. It is grossly impractical and irrational to require Mac users to rename thousands or more files to store them on OneDrive.

I never use this service I'm paying for because…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Carpeta compartida en red en mac

Falta una forma de contectar onedrive como una unidad de red, sin tener que duplicar los datos en mi mac. de la misma forma que existe esta alternativa para windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Files On Demand not working with Finder

Files that have the little cloud icon next to them, meaning they should not be local on the hard drive, are showing up in Storage Management. I have a 128GB hard drive and Storage Management show 270GB of documents. Most of these documents that are showing up are supposed to be in the cloud only. I'm not 100% sure how much storage I actually have left on my computer because the numbers clearly don't add up properly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. dejar una carga de archivo en pausa,

debería aparecer la opción de dejar una carga de archivo en pausa, así cuando se trata de archivos pesados, se puede poner en pausa para que. En el archivo adjunto, es una captura de pantalla, y tengo 3 archivos de 3 giras cada uno, y me gustaría poner en pausa los 3 para darle paso a otros archivos y así carguen mas rápido.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Initial Sync of >1000 file folder

There appears to be an issue where if you post >1000 files to a folder in OneDrive it gets stuck and becomes unresponsive while it works on the folder.. then eventually catches up and starts the sync process. Can this be improved?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Help.

Not all of my documents are saving on One-drive. How do i fix this? Also i don't think it is working properly on my MackBook Pro

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Timeout for files blocking upload (vs. eating up CPU)

I sync my iTunes library with OneDrive, so I always have my music backed up. Unfortunately, that means whenever I have iTunes open, OneDrive cannot upload the files. I always have to close iTunes or pause OneDrive. Usually I'm reminded to do so by OneDrive eating up 30% of my CPU and the fan of my laptop (a Microsoft Surface Book) screaming loudly.

Can't this be automated? If a file can't upload, OneDrive could timeout instead of persistently consuming so much CPU. I imagine most people don't have the presence of mind to open their Task Manager and sort by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Group Problems that depend on others at the bottom of the list

when showing problems when uploading folders to OneDrive, show the dependent items at the bottom of the list, so I don't have to scroll thro

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. O one drive no MAC poderia sincronizar também as etiquetas criadas no MAC e no IOS de forma a facilitar as buscas nos arquivos na nuvem

O one drive no MAC poderia sincronizar também as etiquetas criadas no MAC e no IOS de forma a facilitar as buscas nos arquivos na nuvem. Este é o único ponto de incompatibilidade que tenho hoje.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Menu items at the top of menubar

Why can't the menu items be at the top so it's quicker to open folder etc. Also, add preferences so you can choose folders faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Merge multiple OneDrive accounts on MacOS

I love the OneDrive functionality and use it daily for work and University studies. My Mac menu bar is filling up brave and quick. It would be great to have my OneDrive icons merged so I could just jump between Drives when required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow filenames to contain any and all characters.

The current restriction on file naming is archaic and outdated.I purchased OneDrive to upload and archive all my working and personal files - only to discover that hundreds if not thousands of files can't be uploaded for this reason. And it is not an option to rename the files. Too many, and those names would be linked within other applications that they're used in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Date modified

Fix the OneDrive sync client for Mac so that the date modified column accurately reflects the time the folders were modified in OneDrive on the web after folders are imported from external services (e.g. Box). At the moment, the date modified column in finder represents the date the folder is created locally on the Mac - not the date it was created/modified in OneDrive (web).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please incorporate OneDrive and Teams on the update list on Mac's AutoUpdate app

MacOS versions of Microsoft Office use the Microsoft AutoUpdate app--why are Teams and OneDrive not included in that update channel?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base