OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Giver users a way to upload files without having to sync?

Currently I have to copy my files onto OneDrive, then tell it to free up space. This is a headache, as I have to wait for OneDrive to free up space in order to copy the next batch of files, and it doesn't work well, as OneDrive stops freeing up space arbitrarily. It also doesn't work well for users with small hard drives (on Mac or Windows).

Why not let users either have some other method of uploading files if they're going to be online only anyway? Or let users select arbitrary folders?

As a user, I would add that…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ARM optimized OneDrive needed

need ARM (apple silicon) optimized OneDrive. all other apps have been updated already!!!! Come on!!!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Picture Explorer

Es wäre sehr toll, wenn es auch mit der OneDrive auf Mac OS möglich wäre, alle Bilder wie bei mobiler App betrachten zu können. Dies ist mit der OneDrive App unter Windows möglich, nicht jedoch mit der Onedrive Implementierung beim Mac. Sehr Schade! It would be very great if it would be possible to view all pictures with OneDrive on Mac OS just like in a mobile app. This is possible with the OneDrive app on Windows, but not with the Onedrive implementation on Mac.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Picture Explorer

Es wäre sehr toll, wenn es auch mit der OneDrive auf Mac OS möglich wäre, alle Bilder wie bei mobiler App betrachten zu können. Dies ist mit der OneDrive App unter Windows möglich, nicht jedoch mit der Onedrive Implementierung beim Mac. Sehr Schade! It would be very great if it would be possible to view all pictures with OneDrive on Mac OS just like in a mobile app. This is possible with the OneDrive app on Windows, but not with the Onedrive implementation on Mac.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Convert HEIC files to Jpg

Automatically convert (or have the option to automatically convert) HEIC files to Jpg.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change notebook url link save location in OneDrive

Briefly, I would like to see a feature on OneNote for Mac or OneDrive that allows users to change the automatic save location of OneNote notebooks on OneDrive from 'documents' to a different folder.

Currently, OneNote uses an auto detect save feature in order to save and sync notebooks from the program into OneDrive. After speaking with a Microsoft representative, he mentioned that this feature does not allow for the notebook save location to be changed into a different folder within OneDrive (i.e. a user-created folder called 'OneNote notebooks').

From the research that I have done, I noticed that OneNote…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mejoras en los recursos durante la sincronización, al menos en Mac.

OneDrive utiliza demasiados recursos (bateria) durante la sincronización, es decir, siempre. A diferencia de otros programas, como Dropbox, no es capaz de diferenciar que archivos se han modificado, por lo que está constantemente sincronizando todo. La batería de mi Mac sin OneDrive me dura mas de 6 horas, a veces hasta 8 horas dependiendo del uso, pero con OneDrive, máximo 1,5 horas, así de dramático, y me costó darme cuenta de esto, primero pasó 2 veces por el Servicio Técnico.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto clean caches

The "File On-Demand" function is really easy to use! However, is there any way to let Onedrive remove caches automatically?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make OneDrive for MacOS a Universal app

OneDrive for Mac is not working that well on a MacBook Pro with M1 (ARM64 Apple Silicon cpu). It works, but I experience rapid freezes and energy consumption is way too high. Can Microsoft prioritise to make OneDrive into a Universal App with Support for both Intel and Apple Silicon natively?

165 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a Checkbox to Disable Sync When Running on Battery

Onedrive uses an excessive amount of energy, heating the mac, causing a drastic decrease in battery life while running.
    (I have two Macbook Pro's 16" and 13", running on latest on Catalina and Big Sur and having this issue on both)

Please add an option in the settings to disable sync while running on the battery to avoid this problem easily.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problema con One Drive con la nueva actualización de Mac OS Big Sour.

Hola existe un problema con One Drive 365 con la nueva actualización de Mac OS Big Sour.
    Cada vez que se reinicia el equipo hay que reingresar las credenciales y vuelve a realizar el proceso inicial con la sincronización.

La aplicación además funciona muy lento y en ocasiones se cae.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Power to cancel downloads

Unlike in Windows, in Mac "Downloads" does not have options, so it is not possible to prevent accidental downloads, either by mistake or because an app "claims" the files.
    Interestingly, the uploads can be interrupted.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatic sync issues resolving

Hi

we have people that have around 900 sync issues on their OneDrive because the name of the file is apparently wrong, and OneDrive refuses to sync the files on OneDrive for other users because of the name issues. It would be quite the project to resolve every one of these manually, and therefore we wish that OneDrive would resolve these and future name issues automatically by changing the name.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One Drive and Finder Integration

One Drive RESTART Application caused the Mac Integration with Finder — DUPLICATE THE "OneDrive - The Estée Lauder Companies Inc" inside itself

One Drive Syncing / Mac Integration with Finder
    Inconsistent Application version/behavior in MAC OS 10.15.7 – Files on demand functions
    Files on demand missing from application and not consistent across organization MAC OS environment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive>Business and Consumer versions should be same!

Why is there a difference in functionality? Both versions should be same so that I can toggle back and forth from my university(Business) OneDrive and my personal OneDrive. Namely, I want to copy my ENTIRE notebook from one app to the other. Why isn't this available for Business? Google Suite is setting the example. Why is MSFT falling behind with ideas?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base