OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive Improvement Ideas

When working with OneDrive between my PC and my Mac. There are several times I have to exit the application on the Mac and then restart the application for it to refresh before documents will show up. We need either a refresh button or shorter refresh rates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase Upload Speed for Bandwidth up to at least 15MBits/second

I am getting a throughput of 2MBits/second on average. This is wholly unacceptable. My ISP provides me 15MBits per second upload links. Either build more server farms and localize them to each metropolitan area, host using another providers cloud, or increase your number of fiber optic links to your network center with carriers like Verizon, AT&T, L3, etc. so that the servers on your system can handle at least 15MBits/second if not more. Uploading a GB of data should not be taking this long. Files are large these days, we are sold 1TB of data as part of Office 360.…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bundle OneDrive Next Gen for Mac with Office for Mac during downloads

We issue corporate Mac's with the applications all loaded, but we now have to require people to sign in to the App Store with their own Apple ID. Yes, we have the plist pre-set so they will see the correct button, but it would be so much cleaner to have all this setup before our users even get their machines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Maximum path length doesn't fit to system and OneDrive.com

Mac OS allows paths about 1024 characters. Mac (and Windows) OneDrive client allows only 256 characters. OneDrive.com doesn't have such limit. In modern days 256 characters path is very limiting.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Umlauts [äöü]

Hello,
    unfortunately OneDrive for Mac is not supporting umlauts like (äöü). In Finder all documents and folder with umlauts in it show all the time the sync symbol. As soon as I remove all umlauts the sync process is going well.
    It would be nice, if you change this.
    Thanks!

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive meglio del OneDrive for Business

Uso "OneDrive" da anni, secondo me è il miglior Cloud in giro, ho provato tanti.
    Invece OneDrive for Business, mi è arrivato con Vodafone in offerta, ho provato a configurarlo e mi sembra un vero incubo, non si capisce cosa posso o non posso fare, nel Vs. sito mi viene consigliato di installare "OneDrive for Business" per Mac, cancello quello esistente "OneDrive", invece trovo che è una presa in giro "OneDrive for Business" per Mac, non esiste, allora basta dirlo subito.
    Uso Windows da sempre (compreso DOS) e Mac OS da qualche anno.
    OneDrive for Business secondo me è l'applicazione…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive for Business for Macs is a MUST! When is it going to be released!

It this increasingly BYOD environment OneDrive for business is absolutely necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop application shutdown when filename is too long

The mac version for years would stop if a single filename was too long, then last year you handled it better by displaying a list of files that hadn't synced but continued to sync other files but today it's back to the original method of closing the application when the filename is too long. I am a developer I can not move/rename the files; the long files are automatically generated and need to be named in a certain way.

Can you either restore the list of files that haven't synced method or implement some sort of ignore file/folder list.

Ultimately…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. one drive on mac shared with me sync

one drive on mac, on windows you are or was able to sync one drive shared with me files on to your PC however now on a mac this feature is not available, a Microsoft engineer has confirmed this is not available, it would be great if they can get this feature back up on macs

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enregistrement des pièces à partir de Outlook sur iPad

Actuellement les fichiers sont enregistrés sur OneDrive personnel, ce n'est pas logique puisque avec Office 365 Online c'est le OneDrive for business qui est utilisé... Ca apporte des confusions et ça nécessite d'utiliser les deux versions de OneDrive.
    A modifier !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable SAML Authentication from the OneDrive client for MAC

SAML authentication is not supported by the current One Drive client for MAC meaning Onedrive cannot be used for professional users with a MAC...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manual Sync Now Button for Mac

For the love of all that is good and holy, please add a manual "Sync Now" option for Macs. When I open my laptop to work on a project that I had begun earlier on a different computer, then I click on the OneDrive icon that tells me that it is "up to date" and that my files "last updated 23 hours ago," the app ceases to be useful. A "Sync Now" button would fix that problem in a hurry. As it is, I have to close the program and reopen it in order to get it to sync.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One drive for business is not working on El Capitan

One drive for business is not working on El Capitan

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Delete or Keep on OneDrive

once you delete a folder or file on your one drive on a mac the file is deleted as well on the one drive cloud storage, this is not handy and it should have an option to decide what to do, because the benefit to have a cloud storage is to keep the files remotely and not locally, I suggest to give us the option to decide if:
    Delete and keep (Mac - OneDrive)
    Completely delete (Both sides)
    keep and delete (OneDrive -Mac)

The only way that i had to do to accomplish this was quoting one drive (shutting down)…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Finder Integration compatible with folder and file names containing special characters, like "á", "é",...

Folders or files that have in the name one of this characters never shows the synced green icon. Here in Spain we have a lot of names with such characters and this provoques miss function in Onedrive. And Onedrive itself create when installed one folder named "Imágenes" and "Álbum de cámara" that shows this incorrect behavior.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable to change the home drive of Onedrive on a MAC (like on PC)

on a PC, we can change the location of the Onedrive files. it would be good to also have this option on a MAC.
    So we can put the onedrive files on another disk thanthe system disk

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Moving Folders in Sharepoint for Mac Users

Please can you let Mac users having the ability to move folders and copy folders in SharePoint like Windows users have.

I was refereed to the Document Connector by MS support, but you can't do it through there.

Its a shame that Mac Users have such limited tools and it makes everything a chore to do. GoogleDocs is so much easier in comparison.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow me to "Sign in with your organisational account".

The other Office apps now forward me on from the initial login screen where I input my work email address to the organisation's login screen where I can input my password. OneDrive still seems to only support microsoft accounts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it work on a stock MacbookPro

Currently the OneDrive folder cannot be created on a case-sensitive drive. Well, the stock MacbookPro only has case-sensitive drive, which shuts me out of using OneDrive on it.

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odstart-odinstall/onedrive-installation-from-apple-app-store-fails/9578a5c6-2eb9-402c-ba8e-c7b3b4eb0016

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base