OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow to keep a local folder when removing it from the sync

As a developer I keep some of the projects on OneDrive, however this means that some of the folders are generated during the run of the applications and I don't want them to be synced.
    We have an option to not sync a folder, however that deletes the local copy, which if I run the code again, it creates a new folder with the same name causing an error in sync.

Would like to see a solution where the folder can be removed from the sync but be kept locally and any changes in it to be ignored.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the same naming of subfolders

I run a business and have lots of different clients. Within these clients I have a number of folders which are called the same thing (e.g business plan). I can't sync my OneDirve as the folders have the same name but are in different subfolders. How can I get around it. It would take a day to rename every single folder with a unique name. Please help?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop syncing a folder while its downloading

Changes to synced folder must take effect immediately, even when a folder isn't fully downloaded.

I forgot to tell the app not to sync a huge folder. Now it is taking a LONG TIME trying to download it, and won't allow to change that folder to not sync until it has completed. This is crippling my system!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quick link to file Directory

In the Popout Menu for each file it would be nice if we could navigate directly to the file directory with one click. I would Imagine this feature would work the same way View Online works, but on the desktop. This would be helpful for teams that work on various projects and have deep file origination structures and create artifacts that need to be moved to other apps or incorporated in presentations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Limit number of simultaneous uploads

It's just taken me over an hour to sync my onedrive, because there were a large number of files added and each one sloooooowly uploaded simultaneously. Not only does this eat into my bandwidth for ages, but it means no single file became available on other devices. Allow us to set a limit of the number of simultaneous uploads, which will mean they upload more quickly before moving on to the next files. This, combined with the existing idea to prioritise uploads and/or pause individual file uploads would enhance the syncing experience significantly.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Link file condiviso

Possibilità dalla cartella remota tramite tasto destro di copiare il link collegamento per permettere visualizzazione o modifica di un file. Come fa Dropbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cartella remota che visualizza anche i file condivisi

Nella cartella remota OneDrive non vengono caricati i file che altri hanno condiviso con me. Grosso limite rispetto a Dropbox

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix FilesOnDemandEnabled scriptable

Many of our users have a LOT of files in their OnDrive folder. When the client starts for the first time, it will by default start to synchronize everything, which makes the client unresponsive and the computer running extremely hot.
    For this reason I would like to enable Files On Demand when I install it.

I tried to run:
    defaults write com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac FilesOnDemandEnabled -bool TRUE

which seems to work, but which also has the side effect, that the user can now no longer switch the setting back later if he wants to.

The lower part of the Preferences panel disappears!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the sharing process smoother with a single pop-up box

Please stop tinkering with he sharing process and restore it to the previous version (you did this once before a year or so ago). The process is much more cumbersome than previously and I don't think more than 10% of users enter an email address in the pop-up box. Instead we use the link and past it in email, texts, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix "The document 'file name' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage" for Apps that support version storage

Working with Apple Numbers, Keynote, and Pages will sometimes generate ongoing "The document 'file name' is on a volume that does not support permanent version storage" alert.

This error is frequent and annoying enough for me not to migrate over to OneDrive for cloud document storage.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203598

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add link to show list of deleted files on "Remove Files from All Locations" dialog

When you have deleted more than 200 files, a dialog is presented titled "Remove Files from All Locations" that gives you the option to remove the files from OneDrive or restore them to your device.

Before taking either of these actions, I would almost always want to see what files will be affected.

Please add a link/button to open a display with a list of these files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow documents to open automatically when downloaded using Files on Demand.

When using files on demand, I can view all files stored on OneDrive even if they are not stored locally on my MacBook. It would help immensely if we were able to select a file that's in the cloud, have it download AND open automatically. Perhaps this can also be a toggle in the preferences or settings where the end user can choose if they want the file to open automatically when downloaded or if it keeps current behaviour (downloads when opened but does not automatically open the file after downloading).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Will not stay signed in

I have multiple Office 365 accounts between personal, school, work, and another job. Every time my computer wakes I have to sign back in nearly every time. I can't even use it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Renaming Local Folder

Allow renaming the local folder so the OneDrive folder name doesn't always turn out so long (especially if you have Office 365 at work). "Your Name - Your Employer's Name" doesn't look good in the Finder sidebar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Exclude certain apps from 'confirm delete'

I keep Audacity audio projects in onedrive and often the software will delete hundreds of files in an edit. Adding the ability to exclude certain apps/filteypes from this confirmation message will mean not seeing it everytime i edit an Audacity project

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make invisible full path of linked folders

The recipient of the linked folder can see the structure (path) of folders e.g. "My Documents/Uncle John pictures/Fake pictures/Party". The path is visible at the top. The recipient should see only the name "Party".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)