OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add the Sharepoint icon in the sidebar

The OneDrive icon looks great in the Finder sidebar. But the Sharepoint folder just has a regular folder icon. Add the office building icon like on Windows. It would look awesome and would stand out from the rest of my favorites.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync both the Onedrive folder and another folder

New laptops have a small ssd inside and people prefer to use an external drive. Please allow to sync both the Onedrive folder inside a computer and another folder inside an external drive, or make the possibility of support a symbolic link or give us the possibility of transfer data via sftp.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. connection

My connection dropped (it happens). After one minute it got back again.
    Check the difference between Dropbox icon and OneDrive on the attached image.
    Dropbox felt the connection dropping, but also realised that it got back together and continued working. After I'm disconnected OneDrive just gives up, It never even bothers checking if my connection is back. I have to close and restar the software.

COME-ON! It should SYNC, so that means it should keep actively looking for my files and for my connection. This is not someone I hired and that needed a break because it got tired, THIS…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just make it possible, to sync specific and different folders from your mac into the drive.

I want to sync different folders from my mac into the onedrive and not only sync one specific folder, where all data from the rootfolder will be saved.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove duplicate "OneDrive Almost Full" warning notifications

Remove the duplicate alerts for when you receive a "OneDrive is X% full" notification. It pops up every time OneDrive Syncs and is very irritating to have to clear every few minutes. It should only have to be done once.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC で作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business を経由して他の PC から開いた動作について
    Please improve OneDrive for Business sync that synced alias which is created at Mac will be opened properly from another PC

■Description(内容):
    MacのPCで作成したエイリアスを OneDrive for Business に アップロード し、他のPCで同期して開くとターミナルが起動してエイリアスとして機能しない。
    他のクラウド製品を使うと正常に動作するため、OneDrive for Business との同期時も、正常にエイリアスが同期され開けるよう改善を希望します。

I uploaded an alias which is created at Mac to OneDrive for business and sync with it from another computer, the alias doesn’t work as it should be because the terminal start running.
    This issue is not happened with another cloud products, so I would like you to improve OneDrive for Business sync that…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive Search Feature from Status Bar

OneDrive needs a search feature to quickly locate files from the status bar - like dropbox.
    See attached screenshot from dropbox.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Immediate syncing for shared folders on OneDrive Business

In every desktop file syncing app...ever...you share a folder with someone and it appears on their computer. I "share" a folder on Dropbox with someone and they get it in their Dropbox folder. I share something on GDrive someone and it shows up in their GDrive folder. Box, iCloud, the list goes on. We must have burned an hour of our time trying to figure out why clicking "share" on a folder didn't result in the folder showing up on everyone's computer.
    Lo and behold, you have to open the web client, go to the folder, open the folder, and…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sdk mac

provide OneDrive SDK for mac

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Excel files are unexpectedly corrupted while using the Excel files on OneDrive for Business with Excel 2016 for Mac devices.

■Title(件名):
    Excel 2016 for Mac で Excel ファイルを利用中に、ファイルが破損して修復することができない

Excel files are unexpectedly corrupted while using the Excel files on OneDrive for Business with Excel 2016 for Mac devices.

■Description(内容):
    Excel 2016 for Mac で OneDrive for Business 上の Excel ファイルを利用中に、ファイルが破損して修復することができない場合がある。Excel 2016 for Mac のバージョンを、16.13.1 (180523) に更新したところ、修復をして開くことができるようになったが、別の端末では引き続き修復ができず、開くことができない。OneDrive for Business のバージョン履歴を利用しても 1.0 まで戻さなければ開けない状態で、開けていた時のバージョンには戻せない状況。

なお、端末によってはバージョンの更新によって動作が変わったこと、および、下記の Microsoft コミュニティに今回の事象と類似した投稿 (日本語のみ) があったことから、Office クライアントに起因する可能性がある。

<参考情報>
    タイトル : Office 2016 for mac で「'XXXX.xlsx' の一部の内容に問題が見つかりました。」エラー
    アドレス : http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6c6eaedf-4c6b-4fd7-83e5-e98ba6232fd9

現在はローカル PC 内にファイルを保存するとファイルが開けるため、そちらで対処するが、大変不便であるため、改善してほしい。​

Currently, We are concerned that the Excel file may be unexpectedly corrupted then it cannot be repaired in some cases while using the Excel files…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow syncing of "forbidden" file types (ex. *.swf) from OneDrive for Business on Mac to Office 365 Small Business Premium

Allow syncing of "forbidden" file types (ex. *.swf) from OneDrive for Business on Mac to Office 365 Small Business Premium

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow OneDrive to backup photos in the Photos app on Mac.

Create a feature in the One Drive app for Mac to automatically backup photos from the Photos app, just like it works in the iPhone app.
    It would be great if one could choose if you want to backup the photos from iPhone or Mac.
    In my case, my iPhone doesn't have enough space to storage all photos, so, they are on iCloud and the iPhone only have a local low resolution version of the photos.So, the OneDrive appin the iPhone automatically uploads my photos in low resolution.
    It would be nice if I could ask the OneDrive to upload…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to control sync on Mac

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC での同期制御を希望
    I want to control sync on Mac

■Description(内容):
    現状 Mac PC の同期を制御すると、すべての Mac PC で同期が禁止されるため、一部ユーザーの Mac PC で同期を制御できる機能を追加してほしい。
    Currently if sync for Mac is restricted, all Macs will be unable to use the sync feature, so I hope that a change will be implemented to make some users be able to control sync on their Macs.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Preview files in OneDrive / Sharepoint by pressing the SPACEBAR

Currently when a file is selected in GDrive, Dropbox, SYNC or any other cloud storage platform, pressing the SPACEBAR gives a full screen preview of the said file.. At the minute this only works with files saved locally and NOT files in OneDrive / Sharepoint which are in the cloud. All other cloud based services allow this preview functionality. WHy not Microsoft 365?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Accounts block

Please update how can I reactivate my account??

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible for Mac users to put their OneDrive folder on a SD card.

Right now, when I put my OneDrive folder on a SD card (or try to do it), I get an error saying that it is not possible to put OneDrive on an external disk. This would be really nice, since I purchased a flash memory card which goes in the SD card slot (in order to increase the capacity of my computer).

Now the problem is that it is quite useless for me, as I cannot synchronise my data from this disk.

Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show download/upload speed in progress status

When you are downloading/uploading a bunch of files and click on the OneDrive icon, it shows status like this "Syncing 4 files 160MB of 180MB".

Please add download/upload speed to the status. It is shown on Windows, so it's surprising speed is not shown on macOS.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it easier to choose folders for syncing (on Mac)

Setting up folders to sync on Mac was painful for me because all folders in "Choose Folders" were checked by default... I had to go through and uncheck each one. I only sync a few folders because this is my work machine (vs. home machine, with plenty of space, where I'm fine with syncing all of them.)

I'd like to see "uncheck all" and "check all" buttons.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mac OS OneDrive App updated on 8 May 2018 Keeps Crashing

I have been running OneDrive App on Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6) for a couple of years without issue. It was last automatically updated on 8 May 2018 via Apple's Mac OS App Store. Today 20 May 2018 when I booted my MacBook, OneDrive app kept on crashing on loading. I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled via the Appstore, and same problem. I used CleanMyMac app to uninstall and remove all associated fiIes, deleted the OneDrive folded and reinstalled, and OneDrive sill crashes immediately after opening. I even downloaded the app via the Microsoft website and reinstalled, and still…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base