OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive

The OpenDrive app for mac should have the option to choose the path after initial setup was done. If you decide to move somewhere else in the Mac, this is not possible.
    Make the effort and let us to decide where will be located the folder.

I am a 365 user using all the best from Microsoft and Mac.

Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable macOS Sidebar Icons

Give users the option to disable the automatic addition of icons to the macOS Finder sidebar from within OneDrive options. If I remove the icons from the sidebar manually, they're readded every time OneDrive for macOS restarts.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the Sharepoint icon in the sidebar

The OneDrive icon looks great in the Finder sidebar. But the Sharepoint folder just has a regular folder icon. Add the office building icon like on Windows. It would look awesome and would stand out from the rest of my favorites.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive should support nap on Mac in order to conserve battery

Nap is not enabled. Moreover the app is using too much battery, while seemingly doing nothing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Finder Integration

Give us the option to disable Finder integration. I keep turning it off in System Preferences / Extensions yet it seems to turn itself on.

I finally did:

sudo chmod -x /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSync.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSync

cause I got angry.

Why offer this as an option?

Because it screws with Dropbox's SmartSync icons in Finder, that's why. And I don't care about OneDrive, but I care mightily about Dropbox.

Grr.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive Search Feature from Status Bar

OneDrive needs a search feature to quickly locate files from the status bar - like dropbox.
    See attached screenshot from dropbox.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable automatic disk space cleanup similar to storage sense on Windows

Enable OneDrive to automatically remove files from local drive when they haven't been used for a period of time, or when the storage is low. Similar to how it works on Windows 10 with Storage Sense.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make onedrive compatible with icloud drive

when the onedrive folder is installed on macos in the iclouddrive folder, the files and folders within onedrive are not synchronized with icloud drive. remarkably it does sync onedrve for business.
    can this behaviour of onedrive for business be extended to ondrive personal? thanks

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync Onedrive to external harddrive on Mac

I need to be able to sync OneDriver with an external harddrive on Mac! This should be easy for you to fix.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dropbox better than OneDrive

Tried to make the switch from Dropbox to OneDrive on Macbook pro. Was looking forward to saving the money.. but files uploaded so slowly and some folders were empty! So am happily back with my trusted but expensive Dropbox!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Preview files in OneDrive / Sharepoint by pressing the SPACEBAR

Currently when a file is selected in GDrive, Dropbox, SYNC or any other cloud storage platform, pressing the SPACEBAR gives a full screen preview of the said file.. At the minute this only works with files saved locally and NOT files in OneDrive / Sharepoint which are in the cloud. All other cloud based services allow this preview functionality. WHy not Microsoft 365?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option not to send remotely-deleted files to Trash Can (like DropBox and everyone else does)

Hi, I just switched to OneDrive from DropBox. I'm using it to sync my files from Windows to Mac and vice versa. When I remove a file on one computer, OneDrive removes it to a local trash on all other computers and this is very annoying.

That is: if I remove a file in cloud, I have to go through all my computers and empty their local recycle bin. This is not how cloud storages work, as if I want to restore a file that was deleted in cloud, I'd use OneDrive's trash can, not the one of my computers.…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Limit number of simultaneous uploads

It's just taken me over an hour to sync my onedrive, because there were a large number of files added and each one sloooooowly uploaded simultaneously. Not only does this eat into my bandwidth for ages, but it means no single file became available on other devices. Allow us to set a limit of the number of simultaneous uploads, which will mean they upload more quickly before moving on to the next files. This, combined with the existing idea to prioritise uploads and/or pause individual file uploads would enhance the syncing experience significantly.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quickly create a sharing link in the right click menu.

One of the best Dropbox features is that I can quickly send a file to a friend. Right click the file, "copy Dropbox link" and I can paste it anywhere. The need to go to Onedrive on the web before sharing anything is shockingly behind the times.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show download/upload speed in progress status

When you are downloading/uploading a bunch of files and click on the OneDrive icon, it shows status like this "Syncing 4 files 160MB of 180MB".

Please add download/upload speed to the status. It is shown on Windows, so it's surprising speed is not shown on macOS.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it so we can add shared folders as a child folder of our main onedrive folder that syncs to my Mac/Finder integration

When I choose to sync a shared folder with my computer (Mac with Finder integration enabled,) it creates a second Onedrive location instead of allowing me to create the shared folder as a child folder of my main Onedrive folder

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow OneDrive to backup photos in the Photos app on Mac.

Create a feature in the One Drive app for Mac to automatically backup photos from the Photos app, just like it works in the iPhone app.
    It would be great if one could choose if you want to backup the photos from iPhone or Mac.
    In my case, my iPhone doesn't have enough space to storage all photos, so, they are on iCloud and the iPhone only have a local low resolution version of the photos.So, the OneDrive appin the iPhone automatically uploads my photos in low resolution.
    It would be nice if I could ask the OneDrive to upload…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default Settings for Sharing Links

A User must be able to make a default setting for sharing his/her files. For example, 90% times, we need to share a link which should not be editable and must expire automatically in 7 days. There is no way to configure this. The current way is that a link shared allows editing by default and it does not expire.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive for Mac (ver. 18.111.0603) don't start on Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5)

When new version arrived, OneDrive client doesn't start on my computer. I have to use older version OneDrive from AppStore. Please fix and let us use latest version.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pause a particular file from uploading

It would be nice if you could pause a particular file from uploading so that other files will upload first.
    For example, if I have a file that is 600 MB in size and 2500 files that are 1-2 MB in size that I need to upload at the same time, I would like to be able to pause the 600 MB file so that the 2500 files can upload first and then let the 600 MB file upload last.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base