OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Redirect MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to the online version

When I open Word files using OneDrive for Mac, they open as local files, causing me to lose out on functionality that I would get if I had pointed Word directly to the online file (such as the ability to use the Share menu to share the file or collaborative editing capabilities).

Were I to open the same file from within Word by selecting Open, then going to my connected OneDrive account (not the local folder), then finding my file, I would get all of these nice online sharing features.

While I've only tested this with Word, I'm guessing that…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Settings for Sharing Links

A User must be able to make a default setting for sharing his/her files. For example, 90% times, we need to share a link which should not be editable and must expire automatically in 7 days. There is no way to configure this. The current way is that a link shared allows editing by default and it does not expire.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Important folder protection on MacOS

I bought an office package with Office and got 1TB of cloud storage yet I can't use the Important folder protection (sync Desktop, Documents, and photos folders with Onedrive) to backup and free space on my mac.

We have it on windows and have the 'Free up space Option on Mac already. What's the issue with allowing us to choose what folders to sync outside of the 'Ondrive' folder?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show approximate time until synchronization is complete or the number of files that need to be processed

That's it. Show approximate time until synchronization is complete or the number of files that need to be processed

I have 390Gb on my OneDrive account and I understand that it will take long time to sync everything, but I want to know how much (in terms of time of files remaining).

P.S. Sorry for my English

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive for Mac (ver. 18.111.0603) don't start on Yosemite (OS X 10.10.5)

When new version arrived, OneDrive client doesn't start on my computer. I have to use older version OneDrive from AppStore. Please fix and let us use latest version.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Exempt this file."

Exempt a single file, especially when seeing it 'in proccessing' by OneDrive.

Like a dog with a bone, the app/widget will find some big VM disk file that's 8GB, and just start crunching away on it forever.
    When I see it's working on it in the list, I want to be able to 'skip for a while.' (so it processes other things), and I want a "skip forever, or never sync this file." button.

"Manage my folders." Doesn't seem to cut it, as I keep exempting that folder and it keeps finding these files anyway.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On Mac access shared folders/files directly inside Finder.

How can we collaborate between PC and Mac users if on Mac you can't see shared files/folders inside the Finder ? Other collaboration solutions allow it so why not in onedrive :-(

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Speed up uploading thousands of very small files

I have a local backup of my GMail made with gmvault. It's a folder with subfolders and files amounting to several hundred thousand files.

1. OneDrive stalls... my CPU starts working at 100% for several hours non-stop. I aborted it.

2. I decided to try and upload a single sub-folder with just 1000 files. After taking some minutes to process it, OneDrive started uploading them one by one, taking over 3 seconds per file. This makes it impossible for me to upload the GMail backup into OneDrive.

OneDrive should:

1. Be able to cope with a folder of hundreds of thousands of files;
    8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Passcode

Make it fingerprint compatible. Also the only reason I use a passcode is because otherwise there seems to be a syncing issue. FYI

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Phone or system backups

Can we expect Microsoft to come up with something like Apple's Time machine kind of backup which utilises the OneDrive as the storage and can replicate something like time machine backup.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pause a particular file from uploading

It would be nice if you could pause a particular file from uploading so that other files will upload first.
    For example, if I have a file that is 600 MB in size and 2500 files that are 1-2 MB in size that I need to upload at the same time, I would like to be able to pause the 600 MB file so that the 2500 files can upload first and then let the 600 MB file upload last.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a direct delete option for files (bypass recycle bin)

Create an option to directly delete OneDrive files, thereby bypassing OneDrive's recycle bin.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quickly create a sharing link in the right click menu.

One of the best Dropbox features is that I can quickly send a file to a friend. Right click the file, "copy Dropbox link" and I can paste it anywhere. The need to go to Onedrive on the web before sharing anything is shockingly behind the times.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Increase Upload Speed for Bandwidth up to at least 15MBits/second

I am getting a throughput of 2MBits/second on average. This is wholly unacceptable. My ISP provides me 15MBits per second upload links. Either build more server farms and localize them to each metropolitan area, host using another providers cloud, or increase your number of fiber optic links to your network center with carriers like Verizon, AT&T, L3, etc. so that the servers on your system can handle at least 15MBits/second if not more. Uploading a GB of data should not be taking this long. Files are large these days, we are sold 1TB of data as part of Office 360.…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Finder Integration for synced SharePoint sites

Finder Integration of the OneDrive.app works for the (personal) OneDrive folder only, right now. Please, enable Finder Integration for folders of SharePoint sites synced via OneDrive.app as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Play avi files please

You used to be able to play avi files. As a matter of fact I have some avi files already there and they play. Please make that a feature as it takes forever to convert files to mp4 or mov.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The error message at File On-Demand for iWork apps

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Files On-Demand 利用時の、iWork (Pages , Numbers , Keynote) アプリケーションのエラー表示について
    An error message at File On-Demand for iWork apps

■Description(内容):
    Mac OS X にて Files On-Demand を使用して OneDrive for Business へ iWork (Pages , Numbers , Keynote) のファイルをアップロード後に編集 /保存 すると [<ファイル名> を自動保存できませんでした。このファイルは、別のアプリケーションによって変更されました。 予期しない変更が起きたため、Keynoteでは変更内容を保存出来ない可能性があります。] という警告が表示される。
    iWork のバージョン管理機能と Files On-Demand 機能の親和性の問題と考えられるが、可能である場合にはエラーが出ないように改善してほしい。

I saw the error message [<file name>Could not be saved automatically. This file has been modified by another application. Due to unexpected changes, keynote may not be able to save changes.] when I tried to edit/save the iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) files after those files are uploaded to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make OneDrive work on Mac OS X High Sierra

Please make the OneDrive work on High Sierra. I can't even complete the installation, it won't allow me to pick a folder. I just subscribed to Office 365 and it is advertised as having OneDrive available on the Mac subscription, and I could never have guessed it wouldn't be available on a version of the OS for such a long time after its public release.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Moving Folders in Sharepoint for Mac Users

Please can you let Mac users having the ability to move folders and copy folders in SharePoint like Windows users have.

I was refereed to the Document Connector by MS support, but you can't do it through there.

Its a shame that Mac Users have such limited tools and it makes everything a chore to do. GoogleDocs is so much easier in comparison.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories