OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Folder Badges

It would be really helpful to see which files and folders have already been synced by seeing those folder badges like dropbox and box.com have. Can OneDrive implement a feature like this please?

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Renaming Local Folder

Allow renaming the local folder so the OneDrive folder name doesn't always turn out so long (especially if you have Office 365 at work). "Your Name - Your Employer's Name" doesn't look good in the Finder sidebar.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MacOS Folder Redirection

Allow Folder Redirection of the common User folders: Documents, Desktop, Photo's etc in a similar way to Windows 10.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow SELECTIVE Folder Selection BEFORE OneDrive Starts up

OneDrive drives me crazy. If the drive ever stops, or is quit, it wants to setup again. I point it to the folder I have already been using, and then a FULL sync wants to start where I only sync certain folders. When I go to preferences to change to a selective sync, the app tells me that a sync is in progress and I have to wait until all the files sync. I DON'T want to sync everything before I can change the settings. This happens repeatedly on any of my 4 Macs we use in our family.…

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Known folder sync feature request

We would like to put ~/Documents and ~/Desktop (for example) in MacOS on OneDrive for Business without actually moving these folders elsewhere. We would request you to make this feature as early as possible.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Icon for sidebar in finder

Dropbox and iCloud have dedicated icons for when they are placed in the finder sidebar. When the one drive folder is placed there, though it has a custom folder icon inside the finder window, it reverts back to a standard folder icon. I suggest that you find a way to make this be the actual one drive icon.

147 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneDrive folder location

Please re-add the ability to put the OneDrive folder on a different HDD on the mac. I use a Mac Pro with 4 internal HDDs and i no longer can do so.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Folder Backup for Mac OneDrive

Please add Folder Backup, just like on windows10 OneDrive to the Mac version, I think there is enough interest, if you read through here, it's just all presented in such different ways, you wouldn't realize that there are enough of us that want this feature. I use both a mac and a pc, and having this feature keeps both computers perfectly synced with each other. I was able to do it myself on Mojave, using an app called MacDropAny, however, this no longer works in Catalina.....
    Please add this to Mac OneDrive, I use all Microsoft office365 products on both…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync both the Onedrive folder and another folder

New laptops have a small ssd inside and people prefer to use an external drive. Please allow to sync both the Onedrive folder inside a computer and another folder inside an external drive, or make the possibility of support a symbolic link or give us the possibility of transfer data via sftp.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. KFM Known Folder Move for MAC

Why not KFM Known Folder Move for MAC?

2,421 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    142 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Important folder protection on MacOS

I bought an office package with Office and got 1TB of cloud storage yet I can't use the Important folder protection (sync Desktop, Documents, and photos folders with Onedrive) to backup and free space on my mac.

We have it on windows and have the 'Free up space Option on Mac already. What's the issue with allowing us to choose what folders to sync outside of the 'Ondrive' folder?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. remove warning: inode_val: object : invalid bsd flags

Hello,I have found a bug on onedrive for mac. I use Mojave and APFS. I reproduced the issue with the volume encrypted and also without encryption (Filevault). The bug is the following, the folder gives a warning in DiskUtil with the following format:
    warning: inodeval: object (oid 0x417de2): invalid bsdflags (0x10)
    I have verified is the onedrive folder using the following command from mac terminal:
    find / -inum 4292066

where 4292066 is 417de2 in decimal

460 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop forcing OneDrive folders to Favorites in the Finder Sidebar

Every time I reboot, OneDrive forcefully places a shortcut to it's folder in the Finder Sidebar Favorites section.
    I'd like to have the choice of disabling this.

257 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Immediate syncing for shared folders on OneDrive Business

In every desktop file syncing app...ever...you share a folder with someone and it appears on their computer. I "share" a folder on Dropbox with someone and they get it in their Dropbox folder. I share something on GDrive someone and it shows up in their GDrive folder. Box, iCloud, the list goes on. We must have burned an hour of our time trying to figure out why clicking "share" on a folder didn't result in the folder showing up on everyone's computer.
    Lo and behold, you have to open the web client, go to the folder, open…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card

For OneDrive for MacOS: we miss the ability to move the synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card.

It would be great if you can implement such a function for the mac users.

Best regards

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add password security to access onedrive folder in Mac desktop app

Please add passcode for onedrive mac desktop app just like there is one for iphone app of onedrive. Not everyone in this world has personal laptops and onedrive is my favorite app which i use daily and and getting it on my desktop with password security would make my work very easy and quick.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder

Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder. Would be very useful to be able to choose any folder in my computer to have a backup in the cloud or at least use a symlink to back them up.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Files On-Demand for Mac

When will OneDrive Files On-Demand be available on Mac

6,264 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    350 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    boom! it's done  ·  Ryan Hoge responded

Happy to announce the availability of this feature earlier this year. Please continue to send feedback and suggestions our way.

19. Make it so we can add shared folders as a child folder of our main onedrive folder that syncs to my Mac/Finder integration

When I choose to sync a shared folder with my computer (Mac with Finder integration enabled,) it creates a second Onedrive location instead of allowing me to create the shared folder as a child folder of my main Onedrive folder

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive folder icon is using old macOS folder icon

Just a minor minor thing... The OneDrive (left) is the old folder design and the one in the center and right is the new design.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base