OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. folder

When I click the OneDrive folder on the application, this folder is not opened. It opens the folder that contains OneDrive folder

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync from 2 discs or 2 and more folders than just one folder which is onedrive folder

Sync from 2 discs or 2 and more folders than just one folder which is onedrive folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync from 2 discs or 2 and more folders than just one folder which is onedrive folder

Sync from 2 discs or 2 and more folders than just one folder which is onedrive folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "Shared" parent folder to shared folders

For folders/files that have been shared then "added to my onedrive", please place these under a "Shared" parent folder so that it is clear which are our own and which are shared files/folders.

For example: If Joe shares folder Crayons with me, and I add it to my Onedrive, it appears as ./Crayons. Please change this to ./Shared/Crayons.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Folder Color

Could you add color to the folders? Currently, they are a boring gray. Box uses yellow folders

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder

Allow to sync folders outside the OneDrive Folder. Would be very useful to be able to choose any folder in my computer to have a backup in the cloud or at least use a symlink to back them up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Screenshot Folder Selection

Please allow the ability to modify the destination folder for screenshots saved to OneDrive, rather than the default folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MacOS Folder Redirection

Allow Folder Redirection of the common User folders: Documents, Desktop, Photo's etc in a similar way to Windows 10.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Folder Badges

It would be really helpful to see which files and folders have already been synced by seeing those folder badges like dropbox and box.com have. Can OneDrive implement a feature like this please?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it so we can add shared folders as a child folder of our main onedrive folder that syncs to my Mac/Finder integration

When I choose to sync a shared folder with my computer (Mac with Finder integration enabled,) it creates a second Onedrive location instead of allowing me to create the shared folder as a child folder of my main Onedrive folder

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move 'Choose Folders'

The choose folder option takes many clicks to access. Click on icon, click on more, click on preferences, click on Account and now i can click 'choose folders'. Move choose folders to the OneDrive menu. I don't know if i use anything else under preferences.
    This will help users manage space and make OneDrive more User Friendly

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dark OneDrive file folder to match System folders on Mojave and up..

While OneDrive now supports dark mode in the menu UI, the OneDrive finder folder itself doesn't darken when other system folders do -

The custom cloud icon folder requires special tagging from Apple to be dynamically darkened as part of enabling Dark mode, otherwise the folder sticks out as bright blue amongst a sea of dark blue folders when Dark Mode is enabled. This is visible and an aesthetics issue in Finder, Dock/Stacks etc. Please work with Apple to correct. OneDrive is a core part of my productivity kit and needs to match my OS!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding a top-level folder when offline

I'm using the new Mac Client, v: 17.3.6389. I have chosen only certain folders to sync. When working offline, I have created a new folder at the top level. This new folder does not automatically upload/sync to my OneDrive, and it does not show-up in the list of files/folders that are available to sync in the app preferences.

It appears that new folders created offline, at the 2nd level, automatically pick-up the preferences from the level 1 containing folder. However, there is no way to choose the sync preference for a new level 1 folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Synce multiple mac folders with OneDrive

It would be great if within OneDrive you could sync multiple folders on your mac some within and some outside of the OneDrive folder. Examples of folders that you might not want to move include your iTunes folder, your photos, or data files from specific programs that look to a specific location on your mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Local OneDrive folder on iPad that syncs automatically with the OneDrive cloud folder and the local One Drive folder on a laptop.

With iOS11 now supporting local file folders, local OneDrive folders on both a laptop and an iPad that sync with the online OneDrive folder would allow both devices to work on and off line, with latest changes available on either device, with and without an internet connection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sync both the Onedrive folder and another folder

New laptops have a small ssd inside and people prefer to use an external drive. Please allow to sync both the Onedrive folder inside a computer and another folder inside an external drive, or make the possibility of support a symbolic link or give us the possibility of transfer data via sftp.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove Nested Folders From Camera Roll

Before, camera roll was one folder where all the files from the phone were uploaded to. Now, with nested folders, it makes it very clunky to find the photos you want to on the desktop. Both Windows and Mac allow sorting by date natively, which is much easier to use than clicking through folders after folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow excluding files and folders by pattern. For example, exclude all the .ipynb-checkpoint folders.

Allow excluding files and folders by pattern. For example, exclude all the .ipynb-checkpoint folders. GitHub has the .gitignore file, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. KFM Known Folder Move for MAC

Why not KFM Known Folder Move for MAC?

1,696 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    103 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Renaming Local Folder

Allow renaming the local folder so the OneDrive folder name doesn't always turn out so long (especially if you have Office 365 at work). "Your Name - Your Employer's Name" doesn't look good in the Finder sidebar.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories