OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Bring back the link to the OneDrive web interface

The app has an icon to open your OneDrive folder (very handy), but lacks one to go to your OneDrive web page, which is necessary sometimes. E.g.: share a file you're not syncing locally, etc.

I may be wrong but I think this was already possible in the earlier versions, but hasn't been for a while. Please add back that link, it saves a lot of time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it work on a stock MacbookPro

Currently the OneDrive folder cannot be created on a case-sensitive drive. Well, the stock MacbookPro only has case-sensitive drive, which shuts me out of using OneDrive on it.

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odstart-odinstall/onedrive-installation-from-apple-app-store-fails/9578a5c6-2eb9-402c-ba8e-c7b3b4eb0016

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make OneDrive work on Mac OS X High Sierra

Please make the OneDrive work on High Sierra. I can't even complete the installation, it won't allow me to pick a folder. I just subscribed to Office 365 and it is advertised as having OneDrive available on the Mac subscription, and I could never have guessed it wouldn't be available on a version of the OS for such a long time after its public release.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix the accent characters on OneDrive Next Gent Client

Hello,
    Can you please fix an inconvenient issue with accent characters on OneDrive Next Gent Client for Mac. My name contains accents characters - Jiří (Czech Republic, Europe), and my sync folder and information in client "translate" this to: Ji\u0159\u00ed (Jiří). I think the problem is clear, there is an issues with character mapping. Can you please fix it in next version? Thanks a lot.
    Jiri (George)

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive thumbnails not showing on new mac

My new mac doesn't show thumbnails. In order to see them I have to open my photoshop and save the image to see a thumbnail. I work with images and I need to see what is in the folder to be able to work effectively. I use Onedrive ... I do not know if this is a bug related to onedrive or macOS Mojave. But in my old mac I can see all thumbnails using onedrive and macOS Mojave.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Upload checking improvement to avoid archives loses

Sometimes OneDrive doesn't check if the archives have been uploaded, a folder's icon tells you it has been uploaded, but the stuff inside sometimes shows a still uploading icon. Other way it affects is when the menu bar shows the up to date icon and message, but if one quits the application and erases everything, there is a chance that some files will be erased, though they weren't uploaded. In general, syncing of archives is tricky, one needs to be too careful to avoid the lose of information, manual checking has to be made. OneDrive works properly only in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. smb

Could you please provide SMB2 or equivalent for OneDrive for Business for macOS users. FilesOnDemand is not a solution for it because you still have to sync files to your SSD.

Such network protocols have the unique advantage that I can browse files and folders while keep them remote. I have to download only the files that I need.

SMB2 or WebDAV would be a helpful alternative for FilesOnDemand.

NAS support such mechanism so it make sense also for OneDrive for Business.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let me Share after I open a file from my local OneDrive

I love having OneDrive for Business on the Mac. I have noticed that whenever I open a file from the OneDrive folder, I cannot share it using the Share button in Office applications. I get a message that says the file must be saved to the cloud first. If I open the same file using "File > Open" and navigate in that dialog to the "cloud location" of the file, then I can Share the file just fine. It would be really helpful if I could share regardless of how I opened it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add more protection against OD missing local files to be sychronized

Every time I need to do a total reset of the OD client on my computer (due to the many times this https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913525-onedrive-on-mac/suggestions/32803531-cpu-usage-too-high-in-high-sierra?page=8&per_page=20 has happened, I always preserve my local content and set a new location for the OD folder. Once it has downloaded all of what OD has, I compare old vs new and always find hundreds of files which OD has missed (either not deleted or created). You have to beef up your monitoring for anything that was missed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive installation on AFPS

Hi, I recently subscribed to O365, but cannot install OneDrive on my MacBook. The install goes fine until it needs to create a local folder to sync with, then I get the error that it cannot install because my file system is case sensitive, which it is. My research so far could not assist at all, and as I understand AFPS is designed to be case sensitive, and this is the way my machine was bought. Can you please investigate the possibility to allow OneDrive to install on a case sensitive volume, as I can do with DropBox and ownCloud?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is the most spammy software I have ever had invade my operating system.

This is the most spammy software I have ever had invade my operating system.

Stop trying to constantly log me in. I will decide when I am ready to log in, thanks.

Stop changing the focus back to your folder in Finder. I am busy trying to do work and dont want to be constantly re-focused on what your spammy software is doing, or as is the case mostly, not doing, I will decide when I want to use/look at/tab to/ focus on your software - which is never because it GETS IN THE WAY OF ME DOING ACTUAL WORK

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix FilesOnDemandEnabled scriptable

Many of our users have a LOT of files in their OnDrive folder. When the client starts for the first time, it will by default start to synchronize everything, which makes the client unresponsive and the computer running extremely hot.
    For this reason I would like to enable Files On Demand when I install it.

I tried to run:
    defaults write com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac FilesOnDemandEnabled -bool TRUE

which seems to work, but which also has the side effect, that the user can now no longer switch the setting back later if he wants to.

The lower part of the Preferences panel…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix this strange behaviour - When paused, context menus disappear, can't share and can't open preferences

Currently when sync is paused in the Mac app, it shuts down the entire app. No context menu, no status icons next to files and folders, can't share and can't open the app preferences.

No only this, when you restart sharing it takes a right long time to get going with the wheel of death dancing in your face.

Why?

I have a hunch that the second part is to do with the first part. I suggest you fix this strange behaviour, so users can still share and access the preferences while paused and not have to wait for…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simplify Status Icons for Files On-Demand

The three states of files and folders is confusing. Specifically, there is essentially no difference between Locally Available and Always Available files as implemented now and having different icons for them confuses rather than clarifies.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Learn-about-OneDrive-Files-On-Demand-0E6860D3-D9F3-4971-B321-7092438FB38E%C2%A0

Unless something else is implemented like an expiry or storage threshold to flush Locally Available files, the third state is simply confusing. Without that additional functionality, there should just be Online-Only (available on demand) or Available-Offline (available locally any time).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Stuck Synching errors should be reported effectively

OneDrive for Mac gets stuck - most commonly when a file is located in a shared folder which for some reason the user running the OneDrive process does not have Read/Write access to. It does not report this error, it simply gets stuck, uses high levels of CPU and writes new log files every 30 seconds or so.

There is no way to see the file causing the issue - a problem if you have lots of Sharepoint sites synching and you don't know where the issue is.

It should provide an easy mechanism to see the file that is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support for MacOS 10.15 - Catalina

Due to Apple's new privacy and security measures in the Mac OS file system in their upcoming version 10.15 Catalina. OneDrive can no longer function properly due to no longer having full access the the drive despite enabling full disk access in System Preferences. OneDrive will not be able to locate the main folder due to the 10.15 now having two separate volumes by default. One is for the MacOS system files and the other is your data drive. I'm not sure what other problems are causing OneDrive to not work but I hope it is fixed before 10.15 is…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preserving Mac OS X (file system) tags and extended attributes (xattr)

Unless I am missing something, it appears as if OneDrive is not honoring and preserving file system tags (see [1]) or even extended attributes (see [2]).
    Granted, these features are difficult to maintain over different OS and file system types. But if files and folders are synchronized within the same environment, it is very disturbing, to say the very least, to see this (meta) data simply discarded by OneDrive.

Thank you.

[1] https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/Articles/MacOSX109.html#//appleref/doc/uid/TP40013207-SW11
    [2] https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/xattr.1.html

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base