OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
    CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
    Please correct!

2,567 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    335 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add to sinchronisation individual folders from different places.

It would be very good to add individual folders from different places, including from local NAS drives, to the synchronisation to the cloud. On the other hand (on another computer) you need the ability "where to synchronise in mac individual folders from the cloud."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. On Mac access shared folders/files directly inside Finder.

How can we collaborate between PC and Mac users if on Mac you can't see shared files/folders inside the Finder ? Other collaboration solutions allow it so why not in onedrive :-(

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names

I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names. Since OneDrive support ignores my feedback and emails - this is the only way for me to attach their attention!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete or Keep on OneDrive

once you delete a folder or file on your one drive on a mac the file is deleted as well on the one drive cloud storage, this is not handy and it should have an option to decide what to do, because the benefit to have a cloud storage is to keep the files remotely and not locally, I suggest to give us the option to decide if:
    Delete and keep (Mac - OneDrive)
    Completely delete (Both sides)
    keep and delete (OneDrive -Mac)

The only way that i had to do to accomplish this was quoting one drive (shutting down)…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow browsing of OneDrive without downloading

Given my SSD storage is limited, I keep some folders on OneDrive only. This means the only way I can view them is via a web browser or a mobile device.

It would be great to be able to at least browse OneDrive from macOS and copy/move files seamlessly.

Of course, much better would be full Finder integration with "Offline" support, whereby a file/folder is visible, but marked as in the cloud (I guess that's more ambitious). Users can then choose to download, or delete the local copy (and leave in the cloud).

I believe such a feature…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. default "save as" directory should be the same as the file, not the last directory used for OneDrive

On a regular computer, Office apps remember where a file came from. When you press SaveAs the default directory is the directory the file came from, which is very often the place you will save the new version. With OneDrive Save As opens the last folder used in OneDrive even if it has nothing to do with the file you are editing. The chances that directory is relevant are minimal. So if you are not careful to change the directory you will save in a seemingly random location and lose the file. From a usability perspective this is a nightmare…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive File sharing

hi development team,
    please find the file attached with this feedback to include the functionality on the new vwereoin of the updates for OneDrive on MAC as this would definitely improve the user collaboration and the work efficiency similar to the emterprice versions of One drive (Business)

I have tried explaining the features in more details for your reference:

A key problem is that autosave is not enabled when files are accessed through the on drive MAC client. This has caused several duplicated files and impeded productivity severely. Furthermore, the only way to enable autosave on the files is via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it easier to choose folders for syncing (on Mac)

Setting up folders to sync on Mac was painful for me because all folders in "Choose Folders" were checked by default... I had to go through and uncheck each one. I only sync a few folders because this is my work machine (vs. home machine, with plenty of space, where I'm fine with syncing all of them.)

I'd like to see "uncheck all" and "check all" buttons.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OneDrive File sharing

hi development team,
    please find the file attached with this feedback to include the functionality on the new version of the updates for OneDrive on MAC as this would definitely improve the user collaboration and the work efficiency similar to the enterprise versions of One drive (Business)

I have tried explaining the features in more details for your reference:

A key problem is that autosave is not enabled when files are accessed through the on drive MAC client. This has caused several duplicated files and impeded productivity severely. Furthermore, the only way to enable autosave on the files is via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive needs to add auto sync customer selected folders in Mac!!!

I manually drag the folders to my OneDrive to back up my documents in Mac every single day!! It's 2020, everyone else has auto-sync already. Microsoft you'd better hurry up or all loyal customers using Mac will gradually leave your cloud base services!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: after Mac keychain regen, OneDrive quietly stops sync'ing yet says it is fully sync'd

If your regenerate your Mac keychain, onedrive quietly stops syncing up files to cloud, yet onedrive icon’s status keeps saying everything is in sync. Only way I found out i was not sync’ing was checking files via web interface and noticed no new files uploaded since I regen’d keychain yesterday. Same thing occurred a few months ago when I had to regen keychain.

Restarting one drive and going through all the prompts (including location of onedrive folder it somehow forgets) fixes it, but it’s bad that onedrive icon says all is sync'd when it is not.

MS tech support reproduced…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please allow the choice of folders to sync during program installation.

If your OneDrive is nearly full and 1TB like mine, you dread having to install OneDrive onto your Mac as all contents from OneDrive will download to your computer automatically as a part of the sync feature. Only once everything is downloaded you can then change your settings to which folders you wish to choose to sync, and then everything "returns" back to the cloud freeing up that space you lost. How is it that we can't get it right the first time during installation and just choose the folders we want to have synced.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop application shutdown when filename is too long

The mac version for years would stop if a single filename was too long, then last year you handled it better by displaying a list of files that hadn't synced but continued to sync other files but today it's back to the original method of closing the application when the filename is too long. I am a developer I can not move/rename the files; the long files are automatically generated and need to be named in a certain way.

Can you either restore the list of files that haven't synced method or implement some sort of ignore file/folder list.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop Reorganizing my files!e

I spent hours and hours organizing my music into 6400 files into alphabetical format. I uploaded these files to OneDrive only to find that OneDrive automatically reorganized them into folders by artist and then created subfolders containing albums and then OneDrive put my songs into these subfolders along with album art. In doing this, OneDrive destroyed all the work I had done in creating 6400 individual files in one folder. I wanted my own organization so I could drag and drop songs into various Mac and Window player devices. Now I have to do…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offline files MacOS

The MacOS app should be similar to the iOS app. You should be able to see all files within OneDrive (name and folders) only with some sort of icon (or grayed out) to show they are not available locally. Once double clicked, they are downloaded and opened.
    There should be a cache amount on settings. Say, 50GB. OneDrive auto keeps the last 50GB downloaded or accessed on my Mac locally. As the 50GB is reached, the files that have not been acessed for the longest time gets deleted locally (available on the cloud) and the new one requested is…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make OneDrive compatible with Mac File Names

It seems to go without saying that a backup service for Mac should accept Mac file names. The OneDrive naming requirements go back to the 1980's MS DOS. It's time to enter the 21st Century. We're already 19 years into it.

Not accepting Mac file names makes OneDrive incompatible with Mac. People are not going to take the time to change perhaps hundreds of file and folder names. OneDrive never should have been offered to Mac users until it was made compatible with Mac.

The fact that MS requires user comments to change a mistake that never should have happened…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Intuitive Sync Options

I'm coming from Dropbox to OneDrive. Lots of reasons why - but nevertheless - I have noticed something about these two syncing clients for Mac. With Dropbox - if I choose to sync a large folder of files (sometimes 40GB and up) - the Dropbox client will automatically allocate space on the Mac before downloading the files. (I can watch it take that space before the files are available). It also syncs 50+ files at a time, which is great when there are thousands of smaller files like documents and images. In contrast, the OneDrive client does not appear to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Indicate the "remaining time to download" for large picture folders

When dowloading multiple jpeg pictures at once in Mac OS, the size of the total download is not determined and therefore there is no way of knowing what is the progress of the download. As a result, it is easy to be mistaken to think that nothing is being dwonloaded until the downloadn is complete much later.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base