OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Allow uploading Mac OS X Photos Library without the fat

Currently I keep my Photos Library inside the OneDrive folder. It gets synchronized just "fine", but as an exact file sync (expected! duh!).

However, the Mac Photos app keeps a DB file which gets updated apparently everyday, so everyday OneDrive is pushing ~300MB to the cloud. Worst, when viewing the photos online in OneDrive, it's showing me "doubles" cause it's showing the original and the thumbnails (not to mention face thumbnails from face recognition).

I like using the Photos app locally, but would like to ONLY sync the original photos to OneDrive. Feels like it's something the "OneDrive for…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Redirect MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) to the online version

When I open Word files using OneDrive for Mac, they open as local files, causing me to lose out on functionality that I would get if I had pointed Word directly to the online file (such as the ability to use the Share menu to share the file or collaborative editing capabilities).

Were I to open the same file from within Word by selecting Open, then going to my connected OneDrive account (not the local folder), then finding my file, I would get all of these nice online sharing features.

While I've only tested this with Word, I'm guessing…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. First class support for macOS AutoSave feature

Many macOS applications I use as part of my workflows while operating on documents I keep in OneDrive synced folders use the built in macOS Auto Save feature (which includes the ability to revert to previous versions of a file) and OneDrive has some compatibility issues with this feature. I cannot keep "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" turned on because otherwise the afore mentioned AutoSAve-ing applications often interrupt my work with modal windows telling that "the document could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application."

Would be really nice if…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete or Keep on OneDrive

once you delete a folder or file on your one drive on a mac the file is deleted as well on the one drive cloud storage, this is not handy and it should have an option to decide what to do, because the benefit to have a cloud storage is to keep the files remotely and not locally, I suggest to give us the option to decide if:
    Delete and keep (Mac - OneDrive)
    Completely delete (Both sides)
    keep and delete (OneDrive -Mac)

The only way that i had to do to accomplish this was quoting one drive (shutting down)…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合のフォントの表示改善希望
    Please make font of sync client menu more easy-to-see in dark mode on Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac でダークモードを使った場合、同期クライアントの [フォルダーを開く]、[オンラインで表示]、[その他] 等のメニューのフォントが見えにくいため、改善を希望します。

When I use dark mode on Mac, some sync client menu such as [Open Folder], [View online] and [More] will hardly to see, so please make those menus more easy-to-see in the dark mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG: after Mac keychain regen, OneDrive quietly stops sync'ing yet says it is fully sync'd

If your regenerate your Mac keychain, onedrive quietly stops syncing up files to cloud, yet onedrive icon’s status keeps saying everything is in sync. Only way I found out i was not sync’ing was checking files via web interface and noticed no new files uploaded since I regen’d keychain yesterday. Same thing occurred a few months ago when I had to regen keychain.

Restarting one drive and going through all the prompts (including location of onedrive folder it somehow forgets) fixes it, but it’s bad that onedrive icon says all is sync'd when it is not.

MS tech support reproduced…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop application shutdown when filename is too long

The mac version for years would stop if a single filename was too long, then last year you handled it better by displaying a list of files that hadn't synced but continued to sync other files but today it's back to the original method of closing the application when the filename is too long. I am a developer I can not move/rename the files; the long files are automatically generated and need to be named in a certain way.

Can you either restore the list of files that haven't synced method or implement some sort of ignore file/folder list.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make OneDrive compatible with Mac File Names

It seems to go without saying that a backup service for Mac should accept Mac file names. The OneDrive naming requirements go back to the 1980's MS DOS. It's time to enter the 21st Century. We're already 19 years into it.

Not accepting Mac file names makes OneDrive incompatible with Mac. People are not going to take the time to change perhaps hundreds of file and folder names. OneDrive never should have been offered to Mac users until it was made compatible with Mac.

The fact that MS requires user comments to change a mistake that never should have happened…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Grey thumbnails

I am uploading files using the "upload" steps in onedrive.live.com website.

I select the destination folder on onedrive.live.com then click on "upload" and select the file I want to upload from my computer.

I can upload JPGs but THE PROBLEM is these JPGs have a grey icon with no miniature, with no preview and with no exif or metadata.

I did all the steps you suggested and didnt work.

READ this:

I want to upload a photo I have in my computer. It is a 3,4mb .JPG

I sing in my onedrive.live.com paid account and using the upload button I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Even if the URL contains Japanese characters please fix so that it can be synchronized with OneDrive App for Mac.

Title: Synchronizing on MAC with NGSC a SharePoint Subsite or Rootsite having a DBCS characters in the URL, cannot be synced

(Japanese follows the English / 日本語はこの英語メッセージ下部に記載しています)

Description:
    If the URL of the team site contains Japanese characters, we can not synchronize the library of the site with OneDrive App for Mac.
    The following error occurs.

• Error message
      "Sorry we can't add your folder right now. Please try again”

We can synchronize the library with OneDrive.exe for Windows.

Request:
    Even if the URL contains Japanese characters please fix so that it can be synchronized with OneDrive App for Mac.

Repro…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pleas note that I am NOT able to get the assistance I need with OneDrive.

I am having an issue with OneDrive for Mac. I was able to log in with one account (my "work" account), but when I try to log in with a second account (my "personal." - acutally a different "work" account) it wont let me. I have tried deleting and re-downloading the OneDrive app (both from the Mac App Store and directly from the MS page), with no luck. When I try to log into the second account, it asks me for my email twice, and then when I choose a folder and click "next" it gets locked up. I am…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set Optional 'Expiration Dates' for Local OneDrive On-Demand Files

It would be super great to be able to set expiration dates within the On-Demand files feature so that, if after X number of days have passed a local file has not been opened, it is automatically removed and reverts back to online status.

If we're using the On-Demand features, chances are we already feel a little tight on space (or know we're going to have to reckon with storage issues soon). Having to go back through an entire directory and free up space per file or folder saves any kind of maintenance until the last minute we when are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDive should upload EVERY type of file without fuss.

I've used Google Drive for the past few years with 100% satisfactory results. It uploads EVERY TYPE of file without a fuss. Just for the sake of understanding how different my experience would be with OneDrive, last year I tried to use OneDrive. My data consists of ALL TYPES of files. In the first few minutes OneDrive gave me more than 100 reasons why it was unable to upload some files so I got discouraged and abandoned the idea.
    Recently I heard there is some improvement and Microsoft would like us to "Come Back To OneDrive" so today I tried…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Syncing with OneDrive for Business on mac app NOT available?!

The fact that our business is now going to be paying hundreds of dollars to Microsoft and not being able to have a syncing ability for shared folders/files is UNREASONABLE! Macs are a business targeted computer option and being that the Business option for OneDrive does not have a full functionality is ridiculous. We are in the process of moving over from DropBox and this set-back is really making me want to let our CEO know that moving over to OneDrive may be a grave mistake. Knowing that people and businesses have been addressing this concern for months now…

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show the sync menu with right clicking when syncing by sync client at Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac にて同期クライアントで同期している際の右クリックのメニューについて
    Show the sync menu with right clicking when syncing by sync client at Mac

■Description(内容):
    Mac PC で OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにて同期をしている際に、Finder にて同期フォルダー内のファイルを選択し、上部の歯車マークをクリックした場合、同期のメニューが表示されない。
    Finder にて同期フォルダー内のファイルを選択し、上部の歯車マークをクリックした際も同期メニューを表示されるように機能の追加を希望します。
    併せまして、本動作を公開情報へ明記していただくことを希望いたします。

I sync my OneDrive for Business by sync client at Mac PC, and when I choose a file from sync folder then click Gear icon, the sync menu will not be displayed.
    Please provide us the sync menu for the above situation, and it would be great if you add this behavior in the Microsoft article as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories