OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Garageband

Please add support for GarageBand .band files. They currently appear as folders in one drive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Personal Vault for mac

Could you please create vault access for sensitive files for mac OS or even password protect folders will be better. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow OneDrive to sync files inside symlinks

OneDrive does not sync the contents of symlink folders. Dropbox does without a problem.
    OneDrive should include the support for symlinks both on macOS and Windows.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allowing user to

Allow User to choose between sync, upload or download folders. I use the one-drive across multiple platforms and computers some have alot of drive space and thats where i have chosen to sync the one drive with all folders selected.
    On Mac book i only wish to upload, but as soon as i install the application. it goes straight to syncing and the application hangs it syncs all folders and begin to download everything. Unless i go and change it manually,
    which is wastage of time, Please allow choice of sync, or upload only at the time…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Better incremental sync with lots of files

In folders with a lot of files, syncing will sometimes get stuck. Clicking the icon will frequently beachball, but when it displays the spinner says "OneDrive is updating files..." indefinitely, often for tens of hours.

An easy way to trigger this behavior is to install a small project's node dependencies. Node_modules folders frequently contain thousands of files and OneDrive chokes trying to sync them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync via symbolic links

In Dropbox I just create bunch of symbolic links to my Downloads, Documents & Desktop folders so that my stuffs will be safe with me always.

Looking for the similar treatment from OneDrive too :p

Cheers

548 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MY GOD! Please add an easier way to copy onenote notebooks between OneDrive accounts!

In my entire life and being someone who is an ethical hacker and regularly roots Windows machines, I can tell you I've never met a challenge so arduous and disgustingly awful as trying to transfer a notebook from one onedrive account to another. I would rather drink bleach than be put through this process again and I think it's an honest testament to how much Microsoft just don't care about making people's life easier they just want moneyyyyyyy.

See I use a Mac (Yep Windows fanboys in this place are gonna want me dead) and there are probably many alternative…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want those green check icons to go forever

I hate those green icons on folders and files. I don't need those notifications for sync process. There is enough for just one in the menubar on MacOS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dropbox better than OneDrive

Tried to make the switch from Dropbox to OneDrive on Macbook pro. Was looking forward to saving the money.. but files uploaded so slowly and some folders were empty! So am happily back with my trusted but expensive Dropbox!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Group Problems that depend on others at the bottom of the list

when showing problems when uploading folders to OneDrive, show the dependent items at the bottom of the list, so I don't have to scroll thro

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How can i stop onedrive from including and syncing all my Google Drive?

I would like to stop Onedrive to include files from other cloud servers. Is there a way to exclude files or folders from being synced to Onedrive?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. File transfer...

It should be improve a way to transfer files from onedrive personal to onedrive business or visa versa, like transfer files or folders in same computer. Shouldn't take such a long time. Upload times kill me!!!
    Kind Regards,

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cannot access Preferences during file synchronization

While synchronizing files, the OneDrive appears too busy and I can't access Preferences of OneDrive. This is a bit silly because I want to configure which folders to synchronize and I cannot until synchronization is finished.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OneDrive app should have the ability to only sync files changes within last 14 days

OneDrive App should have an option within folders to sync, which allows a user to only sync files changed within last 14d.
    Would save us quite a bit of local storage on mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Feature request

Hi, I just wanted to request a couple things. On the Mac onedrive, I'd love some sort of indicator letting me know which specific files are uploaded or in progress. And then in the iOS app, I'd love for it to look a little more in line with the os. I.e. No drop shadows in the icon, maybe change how the folders look. Something about the really angular folders feels a little too harsh and kind of ugly. I mean no offense I just thought I'd put my two cents in. The functionality is great! I'd just love…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop Jacking Up Pages Files

If I put Apple Pages Files into OneDrive, when I look at the folders containing them in OneDrive for Mac, the Files exist in multiple jacked up file names. Microsoft, make nice with iWork.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sharing files with Mac users

My business has both Windows and Mac users and the Mac users are unable to sync locally the shared business files - only their own personal files. It's made collaboration using OneDrive almost unusable. It seems the same thing happens with OneDrive for business on the iPhone - my users can't see the shared folders. Nightmare. Please fix these issues.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Finder Integration Broke on macOS Mojave

After I upgraded to macOS Mojave, I no longer see the check mark overlays on folders in OneDrive. I have Finder Integration selected in Finder Extensions. I ran the ResetOneDriveAppStandalone script, but that didn't fix the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base