OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. For god's sake add a feature which folders to keep on server and which to sync with PC

For god's sake add a feature which folders to keep on server and which to sync with PC

DropBox has that feature

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the same naming of subfolders

I run a business and have lots of different clients. Within these clients I have a number of folders which are called the same thing (e.g business plan). I can't sync my OneDirve as the folders have the same name but are in different subfolders. How can I get around it. It would take a day to rename every single folder with a unique name. Please help?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Giver users a way to upload files without having to sync?

Currently I have to copy my files onto OneDrive, then tell it to free up space. This is a headache, as I have to wait for OneDrive to free up space in order to copy the next batch of files, and it doesn't work well, as OneDrive stops freeing up space arbitrarily. It also doesn't work well for users with small hard drives (on Mac or Windows).

Why not let users either have some other method of uploading files if they're going to be online only anyway? Or let users select arbitrary folders?

As a user, I would add…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expirience a lot off lag / sync issues when using Add shortcut to OneDrive from Sharepoint Library. Syncing is horrible slow...

Throw out the window.. i have no clue but i lost 3 days spending time with this..

OneDrive not responding in Monitor, horrible syncing versions 20.x on BigSur while syncing SharePoint Library with Add ShortCut function....When delete files/folder you get a One Drive needs attention.. romve files form all locations? The red button Remove does not work/reponse.. OneDrive App show a x in the Icon

Just Syncing from SharePoint works better

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lockable folders by PIN

Most of us don't need a Personal Vault - we just need variable levels of access to folders. That's the way we run our Mac Server. Can you please provide this feature without triple authentications, text messages et al. Just a PIN will be sufficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The document “xxxxxx" could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application. [Save Anyway]

This is related to files stored in a local OneDrive folder with the option "Always keep on this device" and edited with non 365 tools, e.g. a ascii text editor. When I'm straight connected to the Internet it all works normal. When I start the corporate VPN connection, everytime I press Save, I get the message "The document xxxxxx could not be saved. The file has been changed by another application" and have to press the [Save Anyway] button. This is very annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Status indications on files/folders

It would be very informative and convenient to have the same indication on files and folders about the synchronization status as it was done in Windows. Without this, it is difficult to understand in what status the local copy of my cloud or individual files/folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want those green check icons to go forever

I hate those green icons on folders and files. I don't need those notifications for sync process. There is enough for just one in the menubar on MacOS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. show un-synced files and folders

It would be awesome if there was an option to show un-synced files and folders. Perhaps they would be greyed out or have an "x" on the icon. This would allow me to see files I have removed from my computer, but still live in the could, without me needing to go into a web browser to see them.

Perhaps there could also be an option that if you clicked on that file it would prompt you to see if you want to download it.

This could be an optional VIEW feature, not engaged by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A better SharePoint synced folders system

Microsoft OneDrive client for Mac is wiping my account and asking for a new login every 2 months (mostly when i upgrade), and ALWAYS, i MEAN ALWAYS looses all my synced folders i have with my company SharePoint. It's truly frustrating how bad this is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix FilesOnDemandEnabled scriptable

Many of our users have a LOT of files in their OnDrive folder. When the client starts for the first time, it will by default start to synchronize everything, which makes the client unresponsive and the computer running extremely hot.
    For this reason I would like to enable Files On Demand when I install it.

I tried to run:
    defaults write com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac FilesOnDemandEnabled -bool TRUE

which seems to work, but which also has the side effect, that the user can now no longer switch the setting back later if he wants to.

The lower part of the Preferences panel…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Files in synced folders - Preview with spacebar

Files in synced folders cannot be previewed with the space bar on Mac. This is a bit annoying. As well Adobe file formats are not supported.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include functionality to upload from other folders

We have a use case where our internal hard drives are small (256-512Gb) and relatively full. External drives were used for additional storage for a while and many users have over 1Tb used. We are now deprecating the use of external drives in favor of OneDrive for Business for many good reasons, but the transition is proving extremely difficult. Our users are unable to upload much less sync that data because their internal drives are unable to hold that full amount of data.
    Need some mechanism (can/should be a one-time user-initiated thing) that can upload directly to OneDrive from a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names

I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names. Since OneDrive support ignores my feedback and emails - this is the only way for me to attach their attention!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add to sinchronisation individual folders from different places.

It would be very good to add individual folders from different places, including from local NAS drives, to the synchronisation to the cloud. On the other hand (on another computer) you need the ability "where to synchronise in mac individual folders from the cloud."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow browsing of OneDrive without downloading

Given my SSD storage is limited, I keep some folders on OneDrive only. This means the only way I can view them is via a web browser or a mobile device.

It would be great to be able to at least browse OneDrive from macOS and copy/move files seamlessly.

Of course, much better would be full Finder integration with "Offline" support, whereby a file/folder is visible, but marked as in the cloud (I guess that's more ambitious). Users can then choose to download, or delete the local copy (and leave in the cloud).

I believe such a feature…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive File sharing

hi development team,
    please find the file attached with this feedback to include the functionality on the new vwereoin of the updates for OneDrive on MAC as this would definitely improve the user collaboration and the work efficiency similar to the emterprice versions of One drive (Business)

I have tried explaining the features in more details for your reference:

A key problem is that autosave is not enabled when files are accessed through the on drive MAC client. This has caused several duplicated files and impeded productivity severely. Furthermore, the only way to enable autosave on the files is via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive File sharing

hi development team,
    please find the file attached with this feedback to include the functionality on the new version of the updates for OneDrive on MAC as this would definitely improve the user collaboration and the work efficiency similar to the enterprise versions of One drive (Business)

I have tried explaining the features in more details for your reference:

A key problem is that autosave is not enabled when files are accessed through the on drive MAC client. This has caused several duplicated files and impeded productivity severely. Furthermore, the only way to enable autosave on the files is via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BUG: after Mac keychain regen, OneDrive quietly stops sync'ing yet says it is fully sync'd

If your regenerate your Mac keychain, onedrive quietly stops syncing up files to cloud, yet onedrive icon’s status keeps saying everything is in sync. Only way I found out i was not sync’ing was checking files via web interface and noticed no new files uploaded since I regen’d keychain yesterday. Same thing occurred a few months ago when I had to regen keychain.

Restarting one drive and going through all the prompts (including location of onedrive folder it somehow forgets) fixes it, but it’s bad that onedrive icon says all is sync'd when it is not.

MS tech support reproduced…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Indicate the "remaining time to download" for large picture folders

When dowloading multiple jpeg pictures at once in Mac OS, the size of the total download is not determined and therefore there is no way of knowing what is the progress of the download. As a result, it is easy to be mistaken to think that nothing is being dwonloaded until the downloadn is complete much later.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base