OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Allow the File on Demand to be folder specific

File on demand seems to be an on/off function that applies to all Folders in the OneDrive folder and is not folder specific.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent folder name change

The top-level OneDrive folder name on a Mac must be protected. If a user changes the folder name, the connection with OneDrive is silently broken - no warning. If a user continues to save and organize files, nothing is saved back to OneDrive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Immediate syncing for shared folders on OneDrive Business

In every desktop file syncing app...ever...you share a folder with someone and it appears on their computer. I "share" a folder on Dropbox with someone and they get it in their Dropbox folder. I share something on GDrive someone and it shows up in their GDrive folder. Box, iCloud, the list goes on. We must have burned an hour of our time trying to figure out why clicking "share" on a folder didn't result in the folder showing up on everyone's computer.
    Lo and behold, you have to open the web client, go to the folder, open…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mac Onedrive cannot sync the new folder created from Windows

I have created a folder in Windows and put files in the folder. I can access these files on Windows. But when i open the Onedrive folder in Mac, I can't find the folder. How it can be?
    If I put new files in old folders, it will appear in corresponding folder in Mac. But I can't find new folder.
    May I know the reason or how can i solve it?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ignore files/folder

There's certain folders I never want synced/backed up. I'm a developer and a lot of my projects are synced with OneDrive. They're some folders (ex: node_modules) that I don't want synced.

The other reason this is important is I sync all my documents, downloads, pictures, etc. This adds up to a lot of files. I've found that OneDrive uses a lot of CPU to monitor these files. If they're sets of files/folders that I never want monitored it can help CPU performance. I have tested this theory by archiving a lot of old directories and also…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive folder icon is using old macOS folder icon

Just a minor minor thing... The OneDrive (left) is the old folder design and the one in the center and right is the new design.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. KFM Known Folder Move for MAC

Why not KFM Known Folder Move for MAC?

790 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort Onedrive without Folder Grouping

I am requesting that Onedrive contents to be sorted alphanumeric without Folder Grouping at the top of the list.
    Currently sorting in Onedrive results in folders that are sorted and grouped above files which requires me to scroll down for a file I was expecting to be at the top of the sorted list.
    I will often name files and folders in a way that will result in a hierarchy that improves work flow.
    For example, I would name files with numbers at the beginning of their names so the files are in the order of a process…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Status indications on files/folders

It would be very informative and convenient to have the same indication on files and folders about the synchronization status as it was done in Windows. Without this, it is difficult to understand in what status the local copy of my cloud or individual files/folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please return back the "old" blue folder design

Please return back the "old" blue folder design. No offense but the yellow folder design is super ugly. Or at least make the folder color customizable. I would never expect such a terrible design after you introduced new icons for OneDrive and Outlook on iOS which are really amazing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to sort by folder name in the "Choose folders" setting window

If you sync a large document library with OneDrive and there are hundreds of folders within the root of that library, the user is forced to scroll through the list of folders without any ability to sort.

In our case we have document sets that are named [YEAR][ProjectID] (i.e. 201910, 2018785, etc)

Since the sort is ascending by default, users have to scroll through hundreds or thousands of folders before getting to the bottom.

Adding some basic column headers with the ability to sort at least by name, but by created/modified dates would…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On OneDrive Mac client. From time to time, my OneDrive folder will automatically create a folder named "Attachment". How do i prohibits it?

Hi

I am here to feedback one of the annoying features of OneDrive Mac client.

From time to time, my OneDrive folder will automatically create a folder named "Attachement". Would you pls tell me how do I Prohibite this folder being created without my permission?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make invisible full path of linked folders

The recipient of the linked folder can see the structure (path) of folders e.g. "My Documents/Uncle John pictures/Fake pictures/Party". The path is visible at the top. The recipient should see only the name "Party".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop moving OneDrive & Sharepoint folders to bottom of Sidebar on Mac

Right now, when one places the icon for OneDrive or Sharepoint folders in the Sidebar in Finder on Mac, every time the Mac is restarted, the folders are moved to bottom of Sidebar and also reverts back to top level folder of Sharepoint instead of keeping shortcut to lower level folder created.

I believe, as with any other app (Dropbox etc) used for syncing files, the folders in the Sidebar should stay put as configured by user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Choose other folder instead of OneDrive - Microsoft on Mac

Please let OneDrive supports choosing other folder on Mac.
    Right now I only can use the default folder name "OneDrive - Microsoft". But I have two Office 365 accounts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it easier to choose folders for syncing (on Mac)

Setting up folders to sync on Mac was painful for me because all folders in "Choose Folders" were checked by default... I had to go through and uncheck each one. I only sync a few folders because this is my work machine (vs. home machine, with plenty of space, where I'm fine with syncing all of them.)

I'd like to see "uncheck all" and "check all" buttons.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add the option to exclude certain folders.

there should be an option to exclude certain folders that you may want to store in the one drive folder locally but not to sync them online. like a file that is over 15 gb that way it wont give an error.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive folder location

Please re-add the ability to put the OneDrive folder on a different HDD on the mac. I use a Mac Pro with 4 internal HDDs and i no longer can do so.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Open parent folder

From the list of recent sync, under task icon, add a quick link to parent folder for each listed element, instead of direct open.
    It'd be very useful when used in team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names

I have discovered that Microsoft OneDrive started to copy folders by adding Nikolay’s MacBook Pro to the folders names. Since OneDrive support ignores my feedback and emails - this is the only way for me to attach their attention!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base