OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed

2019-Aug-31-am-09-57-35

Hi mate, :)

Problem: Onedrive doesn't Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed like Google Drive that have a pop up message that shows progress and success rates for each file. This causes user anxiety and confusion.

Solution? Why not a pop up stay on notification box to communicate to user that files have been successfully uploaded.

An idea / product is structured as your problem and a solution.

Though this solution may be unsuitable but this does highlight your problem that affects your $$$ that shouldn't be ignored.

Why not devise your own alternative solutions to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom sync older name

Please provide a custom sync folder name instead of OneDrive - Tenant folder name, Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card

For OneDrive for MacOS: we miss the ability to move the synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card.

It would be great if you can implement such a function for the mac users.

Best regards

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This is a quick one: Overall better usability -> iterating on the UX Copy

Rename the copy for the button "Ordner öffnen" (Open Folder) into "Lokalen Ordner öffnen" (Open Local Folder).

Reason why:

The button then says exactly what is to expect.

It will open your local one drive folder that eventually syncs with your online one drive folder depending on sync configuration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Choose other folder instead of OneDrive - Microsoft on Mac

Please let OneDrive supports choosing other folder on Mac.
    Right now I only can use the default folder name "OneDrive - Microsoft". But I have two Office 365 accounts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the File on Demand to be folder specific

File on demand seems to be an on/off function that applies to all Folders in the OneDrive folder and is not folder specific.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On OneDrive Mac client. From time to time, my OneDrive folder will automatically create a folder named "Attachment". How do i prohibits it?

Hi

I am here to feedback one of the annoying features of OneDrive Mac client.

From time to time, my OneDrive folder will automatically create a folder named "Attachement". Would you pls tell me how do I Prohibite this folder being created without my permission?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow changing name of the local top-level folder to something other than \OneDrive.

OneDrive creates a /Users/alias/OneDrive folder as it's root. Allow changing ti to something more consistent with the other user folder names, like /Users/alias/Drive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. share folder or documents or pictures by one drive macosx

by macosx Sierra , to share folder ,pictures etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add Write-Protection (Read-Only option) for Folder/Files

Please add Write-Protection (Read-Only option) for Folder/Files on OneDrive.

Users should be able to select a folder or file to be read-only. A read-only file cannot be deleted or modified from any device.

This will be very useful to stop accidental delete or modification especially while using a mobile app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Icon for sidebar in finder

Dropbox and iCloud have dedicated icons for when they are placed in the finder sidebar. When the one drive folder is placed there, though it has a custom folder icon inside the finder window, it reverts back to a standard folder icon. I suggest that you find a way to make this be the actual one drive icon.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ensure all files and all *future files* in a folder will be moved to the cloud to "free up space".

Today, when I select "free up space" for a folder, the files currently inside the folder will be freed up, moved to the cloud. Any new files I copy in will not be moved.
    I want all files in a specific folder to be moved always. I can't find the option of how to do this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allowing users to choose different destinations for different synced devices

I have multiple devices to sync in my family (mobile phones and tablets), and I'd like each of them to be synced to a different folder under the root OneDrive folder.
    Currently, all of them sync to the "Camera Roll" folder, which creates clutter and inconvenience going over these files and trying to arrange them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add password security to access onedrive folder in Mac desktop app

Please add passcode for onedrive mac desktop app just like there is one for iphone app of onedrive. Not everyone in this world has personal laptops and onedrive is my favorite app which i use daily and and getting it on my desktop with password security would make my work very easy and quick.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow the user to change the name of the OneDriveBusiness folder

Currently the user is only able to select the file path of where OneDrive for Business creates its folder, "OneDriveBusiness".

This is very annoying. I do not want my OneDrive for Business folder to be named that. I want my folder to be named just "OneDrive" or "Work Files" or whatever the heck I want it to be named. When I first saw the dialog to ask me "Where do you want the OneDrive folder to be located", I specified:

/Users/MYUSERNAME/OneDrive/

What I thought would happen:
    1. OneDrive would create a folder called 'OneDrive' in my useraccount folder and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dark OneDrive file folder to match System folders on Mojave and up..

While OneDrive now supports dark mode in the menu UI, the OneDrive finder folder itself doesn't darken when other system folders do -

The custom cloud icon folder requires special tagging from Apple to be dynamically darkened as part of enabling Dark mode, otherwise the folder sticks out as bright blue amongst a sea of dark blue folders when Dark Mode is enabled. This is visible and an aesthetics issue in Finder, Dock/Stacks etc. Please work with Apple to correct. OneDrive is a core part of my productivity kit and needs to match my OS!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sync locally files or folder shared by people outside of my organization

Actually it's impossible to sync locally files or folder shared by people outside of my organization. Could be very useful

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the Sharepoint icon in the sidebar

The OneDrive icon looks great in the Finder sidebar. But the Sharepoint folder just has a regular folder icon. Add the office building icon like on Windows. It would look awesome and would stand out from the rest of my favorites.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Icon for when one/some file(s) in a folder are downloaded

When in finder, a cloud icon appears when files are stored in the cloud. However, this icon appears on folders even when a single file is available offline within that folder. An icon for folders that have single or several files downloaded within would be helpful in determining what has been downloaded and where it's located when viewing your files in Finder.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base