OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. ... enable synchronization of Mac's folder "Desktop" with OneDrive

While it is possible to sync my Windows folder "Desktop" with OneDrive it is unfortunately not possible to do the same with the Mac folder "Desktop".
    Please make it possible so I always can have the same content on both Desktops.
    Thank you.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add to sinchronisation individual folders from different places.

It would be very good to add individual folders from different places, including from local NAS drives, to the synchronisation to the cloud. On the other hand (on another computer) you need the ability "where to synchronise in mac individual folders from the cloud."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show partially sync files/folders

I have OneDrive and Dropbox running at the same machine. Still couldn't get rid of Dropbox.

The main problem I'm facing: When I go to options and select 'Choose folders to sync'

The takes a little time then starts. Sad thing is I have no idea if the folders I'm seeing are totally synched. There should be a green, blue icon somewhere to help us with that.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. share folder or documents or pictures by one drive macosx

by macosx Sierra , to share folder ,pictures etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enabling files on demand on specific folders

Indeed, files on demand is a great feature. We'd love to see it evolve by giving us the setting to enable it on specific folders, while others are synced completely to your local disk.

Sometimes, you need to work on files, when you're offline, but they're not accessible, because files on demand is enabled on all of your folders. If you could choose which folder should be available offline anytime, it'd be a great improvement on user experience to users, who're travelling a lot and are not always connected.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Open enclosing folder

When a file has been synchronized and listed in the OneDrive menubar menu, it would be great if you could open the enclosing folder instead of the file itself. That could easily be added to the "..." list of choices after the synchronized file's name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When downloading folders with swedish signs ÅÄÖ they get replaced

When downloading folders with swedish sign ÅÄÖ they get replaced with wrong signs when the zip file gets uncompressed. And if there is filenames in that folder containing swedish letters they also get replaced. Using Mac and OS X 10.11

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the user to change the name of the OneDriveBusiness folder

Currently the user is only able to select the file path of where OneDrive for Business creates its folder, "OneDriveBusiness".

This is very annoying. I do not want my OneDrive for Business folder to be named that. I want my folder to be named just "OneDrive" or "Work Files" or whatever the heck I want it to be named. When I first saw the dialog to ask me "Where do you want the OneDrive folder to be located", I specified:

/Users/MYUSERNAME/OneDrive/

What I thought would happen:
    1. OneDrive would create a folder called 'OneDrive' in my useraccount folder and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it possible to choose deifferents folders on my Mac to be synchronised with OneDrive

How to synchronize more than one Computer folders to OneDrive?
    During installation, it asks you which folder to select and you can only select One. Only one folder on the computer.
    Either you select the whole Mac or just "My Document" or "Pictures" or "Download"...
    You cannot synchronize two folders from your Mac to OneDrive at the same time.
    The opposite is possible.
    You can select different folders from OnDrive to Mac but you cannot do the opposite.

Hope my question is clear.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Moving Folders in Sharepoint for Mac Users

Please can you let Mac users having the ability to move folders and copy folders in SharePoint like Windows users have.

I was refereed to the Document Connector by MS support, but you can't do it through there.

Its a shame that Mac Users have such limited tools and it makes everything a chore to do. GoogleDocs is so much easier in comparison.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Icon for when one/some file(s) in a folder are downloaded

When in finder, a cloud icon appears when files are stored in the cloud. However, this icon appears on folders even when a single file is available offline within that folder. An icon for folders that have single or several files downloaded within would be helpful in determining what has been downloaded and where it's located when viewing your files in Finder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Known folder sync feature request

We would like to put ~/Documents and ~/Desktop (for example) in MacOS on OneDrive for Business without actually moving these folders elsewhere. We would request you to make this feature as early as possible.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Choose Folder Window Too Small

Is it possible to increase the height of the window where you select the folders you want to sync/turn off. Maybe the option to manually click and drag to make the window bigger.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow changing name of the local top-level folder to something other than \OneDrive.

OneDrive creates a /Users/alias/OneDrive folder as it's root. Allow changing ti to something more consistent with the other user folder names, like /Users/alias/Drive.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix visibility for Choose folders to sync – when other app is fullscreen

Make Choose folders to sync visible (on top of other windows), when selecting this with other app in fullscreen. Now – regrardless onedrive window in foreground – it is not possible. I can see OneDrive preferences pane and when try to Choose folder, I must minimize app in the background. Or make choose folder easier to access. Now it its terrible – 5 steps to reach basic function.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow to keep a local folder when removing it from the sync

As a developer I keep some of the projects on OneDrive, however this means that some of the folders are generated during the run of the applications and I don't want them to be synced.
    We have an option to not sync a folder, however that deletes the local copy, which if I run the code again, it creates a new folder with the same name causing an error in sync.

Would like to see a solution where the folder can be removed from the sync but be kept locally and any changes in it to be ignored.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a Projects folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore

photography//RAW
    photography/
    /edits

This would ignore all photos in RAW and edits and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add Write-Protection (Read-Only option) for Folder/Files

Please add Write-Protection (Read-Only option) for Folder/Files on OneDrive.

Users should be able to select a folder or file to be read-only. A read-only file cannot be deleted or modified from any device.

This will be very useful to stop accidental delete or modification especially while using a mobile app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow me to mark files & folders as "Files on Demand" individually instead of the other way round.

Allow me to mark files & folders separately as "Files on demand". For example I have a 60Gb folder which I want to have the "files on demand" status as I don't open it regularly while I need the rest of my OneDrive folder to be accessible offline.

Currently I have to enable that for the whole folder and then individually mark it as offline accessibility, which is counter-intuitive. Most of my files will be uploaded to the drive my Mac which means it would be locally available as it is. However I want to offload a bunch of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Just make it possible, to sync specific and different folders from your mac into the drive.

I want to sync different folders from my mac into the onedrive and not only sync one specific folder, where all data from the rootfolder will be saved.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base