OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Proper Network Home Folder Support

OneDrive for Mac, version 17.3.6389. Network accounts over SMB. OS X 10.11.4

No support for network home directories. When signing in with a network account, OneDrive errors with "There was a problem accessing your keychain".

It appears that the app is hard coded to look for the users keychain folder in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Keychains. While this is fine for local users, when working with network home directories, the Keychains folder path is /home/USERNAME/Library/Keychains. OneDrive does not recognise this, fails to write the keychain credential and refuses to work beyond that.

This is a massive and serious issue for organisations that use network…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove preinstalled Documents and Attachments folders

Remove preinstalled Documents and Attachments folders. Not all People need them preinstalled! I'm fed up deleting them every single time!

Plus I have some other documents structure I don't like MS decide for me what is good for me!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Shared Folders on New Mac app cleint

The new Mac app client states that shared folders will not sync. However, in the UserVoice, Jason Moore says that they will sync. What is the status of this?

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sync Documents, Desktop etc folders to OneDrive Option

Just like OneDrive for Windows has with the Auto Save tab 'Protect your important folders' that would allow you to automatically back up anything saved to Documents, Desktop and Pictures folder, I'd love for it to be an option for Mac. Even a step further where additional folders could be selected by the user.

As an admin that manages a number of users on mac, it's been a bit of a push to get users across and some of them are never going to do it the 'right' way and save into their OneDrive. By having this…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync locally files or folder shared by people outside of my organization

Actually it's impossible to sync locally files or folder shared by people outside of my organization. Could be very useful

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On Mac access shared folders/files directly inside Finder.

How can we collaborate between PC and Mac users if on Mac you can't see shared files/folders inside the Finder ? Other collaboration solutions allow it so why not in onedrive :-(

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop forcing OneDrive folders to Favorites in the Finder Sidebar

Every time I reboot, OneDrive forcefully places a shortcut to it's folder in the Finder Sidebar Favorites section.
    I'd like to have the choice of disabling this.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synce Documents, Desktop and Downloads folder on OneDrive on a Mac

I would like to be able to map the Documents, Documents and Downloads folders to automatically sync with OneDrive similar to how it work on Windows 10.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have more than one sync folder on computer for shared computer with different accounts.

I have shared access to our home computer. We need different OneDrive sync folders for our individual accounts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card

For OneDrive for MacOS: we miss the ability to move the synch of the OneDrive folder to the SD-Card.

It would be great if you can implement such a function for the mac users.

Best regards

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Finder Integration compatible with folder and file names containing special characters, like "á", "é",...

Folders or files that have in the name one of this characters never shows the synced green icon. Here in Spain we have a lot of names with such characters and this provoques miss function in Onedrive. And Onedrive itself create when installed one folder named "Imágenes" and "Álbum de cámara" that shows this incorrect behavior.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reduce the number of steps to get to "Choose Folders" screen

I am constantly dipping in and out of the "Choose Folders" to sync screen. I think there are too many steps to get to it in my opinion. It would be great if we could reduce the number of clicks and menus required.

When working on certain projects, or if I need to reference an old project I use the "Choose Files" window to download only that folder from my OneDrive. It would greatly speed up my workflow if getting hold of project files could be simpler.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow SELECTIVE Folder Selection BEFORE OneDrive Starts up

OneDrive drives me crazy. If the drive ever stops, or is quit, it wants to setup again. I point it to the folder I have already been using, and then a FULL sync wants to start where I only sync certain folders. When I go to preferences to change to a selective sync, the app tells me that a sync is in progress and I have to wait until all the files sync. I DON'T want to sync everything before I can change the settings. This happens repeatedly on any of my 4 Macs we use in our family.…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ask the user to choose sync of newly added folders when using selective sync

I see no notification for newly added folders when using selective sync.
    It should notify and let the user choose if sync them or not, along with the current default "not-sync".

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive needs to add auto sync customer selected folders in Mac!!!

I manually drag the folders to my OneDrive to back up my documents in Mac every single day!! It's 2020, everyone else has auto-sync already. Microsoft you'd better hurry up or all loyal customers using Mac will gradually leave your cloud base services!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mac client to enable sync of only selected folders

The Mac client currently lets you to sync all the files that you have on your onedrive with the onedrive folder. I have 1TB on my onedrive and only 500GB on my mac, so when i want to transfer files to the onedrive in order to free space i am not able to use the client anymore.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For god's sake add a feature which folders to keep on server and which to sync with PC

For god's sake add a feature which folders to keep on server and which to sync with PC

DropBox has that feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by allowing the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people.

I suggest you improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by enabling the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people (as I can on DropBox & GoogleDrive). Currently, I can only see files & folders shared with me by using the OneDrive web interface.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. need help to move folder from one location to another one after delete the app on mac without logout.

seems it was locked by some unknown permissions as get prompts saying no permission to move or delete folder, except files inside it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be able to backup a folder in my one drive from right clicking on it

One drive is just a backup solution for me. I want to right click on a folder on my mac, add it to my one drive so it's backedup. That's it end of story.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base