OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. need help to move folder from one location to another one after delete the app on mac without logout.

seems it was locked by some unknown permissions as get prompts saying no permission to move or delete folder, except files inside it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MAC: "Sync Now" or "Restart/Resync".

The restart/resync option would eliminate having to quite OneDrive, then look in the Application folder or toolbar to manually restart.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to backup a folder in my one drive from right clicking on it

One drive is just a backup solution for me. I want to right click on a folder on my mac, add it to my one drive so it's backedup. That's it end of story.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix visibility for Choose folders to sync – when other app is fullscreen

Make Choose folders to sync visible (on top of other windows), when selecting this with other app in fullscreen. Now – regrardless onedrive window in foreground – it is not possible. I can see OneDrive preferences pane and when try to Choose folder, I must minimize app in the background. Or make choose folder easier to access. Now it its terrible – 5 steps to reach basic function.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop forcing OneDrive folders to Favorites in the Finder Sidebar

Every time I reboot, OneDrive forcefully places a shortcut to it's folder in the Finder Sidebar Favorites section.
    I'd like to have the choice of disabling this.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Speed up uploading thousands of very small files

I have a local backup of my GMail made with gmvault. It's a folder with subfolders and files amounting to several hundred thousand files.

1. OneDrive stalls... my CPU starts working at 100% for several hours non-stop. I aborted it.

2. I decided to try and upload a single sub-folder with just 1000 files. After taking some minutes to process it, OneDrive started uploading them one by one, taking over 3 seconds per file. This makes it impossible for me to upload the GMail backup into OneDrive.

OneDrive should:

1. Be able to cope with a folder of hundreds of…
    11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow you to choose a folder in your mac (and PC) you just want the contents to be on the cloud

It would be great if could upload a folder to the one drive's cloud and only view its content on you mac (or PC). As long as you want some file from this folder, it would be automatically dowloaded.

This would be useful for people who doesn't have much space left in the hard drive and would like to share some content between the hard drive and the cloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. remove warning: inode_val: object : invalid bsd flags

Hello,I have found a bug on onedrive for mac. I use Mojave and APFS. I reproduced the issue with the volume encrypted and also without encryption (Filevault). The bug is the following, the folder gives a warning in DiskUtil with the following format:
    warning: inodeval: object (oid 0x417de2): invalid bsdflags (0x10)
    I have verified is the onedrive folder using the following command from mac terminal:
    find / -inum 4292066

where 4292066 is 417de2 in decimal

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OneDrive not working on macOS Catalina

Since Apple introduced macOS 10.15 Catalina, OneDrive Mac app stopped working. It could be a privacy issue, because the app doesn't found OneDrive folder on Mac.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. to open the files in "collaborative mode" when using the synced folder to open a file.

I'm using OneDrive to collaborate with my colleagues on the same document.

In windows when opening a file from the synced folder of OneDrive, it automatically enables the "Collaborative mode" (with the circle arrows in the save icon), on Mac it doesn't!

Every time I want to open a file and collaborate (often) we have to search for the file from the navigation tool of the application instead of Finder, which is inconvenient!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sync shared files to OneDrive on Mac

It would be awesome if files and folders shared with us by other users would be directly synced to a locally shared folder (shared with me folder) on the Mac. At present we can't directly open any file that is shared. We have to go to OneDrive on the web to access them.

This feature is already present on OneDrive for iOS. Would love something just like the shared tab in OneDrive for iOS.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Menu items at the top of menubar

Why can't the menu items be at the top so it's quicker to open folder etc. Also, add preferences so you can choose folders faster.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add a photo uploader on desktop

i am using onedrive as a backup service for all my photos. and i do not need sync all photos back to my local onedrive folder. i will review all photos directly in onedrive just like google photos.

one drive should add photo uploader feature that will able to grab all photos insider certain places or folder. eg. photos app, desktop, dcim folder etc.

the most important one today will be the Photos app in mac.
    i wish all my photos inside the mac photos app will be able to sync automatically into onedrive.

so i will only…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Just make it possible, to sync specific and different folders from your mac into the drive.

I want to sync different folders from my mac into the onedrive and not only sync one specific folder, where all data from the rootfolder will be saved.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. mac

OneDrive really need a tool for monitoring what is happening on folders. I mean which folder are sync and which not, which is syncing and, maybe, what files.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop moving OneDrive & Sharepoint folders to bottom of Sidebar on Mac

Right now, when one places the icon for OneDrive or Sharepoint folders in the Sidebar in Finder on Mac, every time the Mac is restarted, the folders are moved to bottom of Sidebar and also reverts back to top level folder of Sharepoint instead of keeping shortcut to lower level folder created.

I believe, as with any other app (Dropbox etc) used for syncing files, the folders in the Sidebar should stay put as configured by user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How about making an application with the functionality of Dropbox.

How about fixing the restrictions on file and folder naming so it is not such a pain to use. Dropbox is the example to work to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sharing suggestions

if somebody gets a sharing link the folder should be immediately added to his space or at least a suggestion to be given at the right moment

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base