OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. People I share a folder with are being required to sign up for an account? I do not want people to have to create an about or sign in.

I want people to be able to view/download folders that I share WITHOUT having to sign up or sign in!!!!!!!

They should just be able to follow the link, and go directly to the folder, and download the files!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. show un-synced files and folders

It would be awesome if there was an option to show un-synced files and folders. Perhaps they would be greyed out or have an "x" on the icon. This would allow me to see files I have removed from my computer, but still live in the could, without me needing to go into a web browser to see them.

Perhaps there could also be an option that if you clicked on that file it would prompt you to see if you want to download it.

This could be an optional VIEW feature, not engaged by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save as dialog should open the folder in which the original file sits

When opening an Office file from an OneDrive (or SharePoint) synced location and saving it with "save as", the same folder should open up. Just like when working on the local file system.

Currently it opens the Desktop or any other location when doing so.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow you to choose a folder in your mac (and PC) you just want the contents to be on the cloud

It would be great if could upload a folder to the one drive's cloud and only view its content on you mac (or PC). As long as you want some file from this folder, it would be automatically dowloaded.

This would be useful for people who doesn't have much space left in the hard drive and would like to share some content between the hard drive and the cloud

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search Option should be much improved. Currently there is no way to search a particular file within a particular folder.

Instead, there should be a way to filter out the searches, search within a specific folder, time range, file type etc. This is available on Google Drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Folder Backup for Mac OneDrive

Please add Folder Backup, just like on windows10 OneDrive to the Mac version, I think there is enough interest, if you read through here, it's just all presented in such different ways, you wouldn't realize that there are enough of us that want this feature. I use both a mac and a pc, and having this feature keeps both computers perfectly synced with each other. I was able to do it myself on Mojave, using an app called MacDropAny, however, this no longer works in Catalina.....
    Please add this to Mac OneDrive, I use all Microsoft office365 products on both…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not start sync before you have set all the setting for syncing and set the files and folders that you want to sync.

Do not start sync before you have set all the setting for syncing and set the files and folders that you want to sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove the unnecessary 'see more sharing options' and 'choose folders to sync' context menu options on macOS

The context menu update for macOS is very welcome, however two of the items are seemingly unnecessary.

'See more sharing options' is literally the same link as 'view online'.

'Choose folders to sync' opens up the setting in the app - this is not
    necessary and isn't really contextual if it's the same result for every single file. If I want to change the folders I'll just go to the app.

The 'Share a OneDrive link' is probably truly the only necessary context option, as it adds a feature previously not possible before. The rest just clog things…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why do I have to re-associate the OD4B sync folder on OSX whenever login attempts fail?

Right now if authentication fails to Office 365 (example no network connection) I am prompted to re-authenticate and re-associate my OD4B folder. This will be confusing and lead to user issues in a production environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Web Portal New Folders/Documents Safari 10.1.1

There is a problem with the onedrive web partal. Currently in Safari you are not able to create a new folder or office document from both the menu or right mouse click. You have to revert back to the classic UGI to do this. In doing so you loose the fluidity. I have previiuls logged this here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdoffice/one-drive-on-safari-1011-will-not-create-new/d0182639-34ea-46de-950e-3a3fa9216b4a

where it was suggested I post here also, thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed

2019-Aug-31-am-09-57-35

Hi mate, :)

Problem: Onedrive doesn't Notify User File / Folder Uploads have Successfully Completed like Google Drive that have a pop up message that shows progress and success rates for each file. This causes user anxiety and confusion.

Solution? Why not a pop up stay on notification box to communicate to user that files have been successfully uploaded.

An idea / product is structured as your problem and a solution.

Though this solution may be unsuitable but this does highlight your problem that affects your $$$ that shouldn't be ignored.

Why not devise your own alternative solutions to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include functionality to upload from other folders

We have a use case where our internal hard drives are small (256-512Gb) and relatively full. External drives were used for additional storage for a while and many users have over 1Tb used. We are now deprecating the use of external drives in favor of OneDrive for Business for many good reasons, but the transition is proving extremely difficult. Our users are unable to upload much less sync that data because their internal drives are unable to hold that full amount of data.
    Need some mechanism (can/should be a one-time user-initiated thing) that can upload directly to OneDrive from a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. to open the files in "collaborative mode" when using the synced folder to open a file.

I'm using OneDrive to collaborate with my colleagues on the same document.

In windows when opening a file from the synced folder of OneDrive, it automatically enables the "Collaborative mode" (with the circle arrows in the save icon), on Mac it doesn't!

Every time I want to open a file and collaborate (often) we have to search for the file from the navigation tool of the application instead of Finder, which is inconvenient!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Co-authoring feature in Office client for files which are stored in local sync folder at Mac machine

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac の Office クライアントでは同期フォルダー内のアイテムを同時編集できない動作の改善希望
    Co-authoring feature in Office client for files which are stored in local sync folder at Mac machine

■Description(内容):
    Windows では ローカルに作成される同期フォルダー内のアイテムを同時編集することが出来るが、Mac のOffice クライアントでは不可能な為、同期フォルダー内のアイテムを共同編集できるように動作の改善を希望します。

We would like to see the co-authoring feature for files which are stored in local sync folder at Mac machine.
    This feature is provided for Windows machine, so I would like to use same feature at Mac machine as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible for Mac users to put their OneDrive folder on a SD card.

Right now, when I put my OneDrive folder on a SD card (or try to do it), I get an error saying that it is not possible to put OneDrive on an external disk. This would be really nice, since I purchased a flash memory card which goes in the SD card slot (in order to increase the capacity of my computer).

Now the problem is that it is quite useless for me, as I cannot synchronise my data from this disk.

Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change sync folders without waiting for previous sync to complete to avoid computer hard drive being filled up

At present, you can't change the folder sync choices while a synchronisation is in process. If your computer fills up then you are stuck in limbo, unable to do anything without unlinking your account and starting again. If there was a way to cancel a synchronisation half way through or make changes while synchronising this would be fixed. I believe this to be a bug, but Microsoft Support tell me it is a design feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom sync older name

Please provide a custom sync folder name instead of OneDrive - Tenant folder name, Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is a quick one: Overall better usability -> iterating on the UX Copy

Rename the copy for the button "Ordner öffnen" (Open Folder) into "Lokalen Ordner öffnen" (Open Local Folder).

Reason why:

The button then says exactly what is to expect.

It will open your local one drive folder that eventually syncs with your online one drive folder depending on sync configuration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make onedrive compatible with icloud drive

when the onedrive folder is installed on macos in the iclouddrive folder, the files and folders within onedrive are not synchronized with icloud drive. remarkably it does sync onedrve for business.
    can this behaviour of onedrive for business be extended to ondrive personal? thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base