OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

Adding a top-level folder when offline

I'm using the new Mac Client, v: 17.3.6389. I have chosen only certain folders to sync. When working offline, I have created a new folder at the top level. This new folder does not automatically upload/sync to my OneDrive, and it does not show-up in the list of files/folders that are available to sync in the app preferences.

It appears that new folders created offline, at the 2nd level, automatically pick-up the preferences from the level 1 containing folder. However, there is no way to choose the sync preference for a new level 1 folder.

I tested turning on ALL files and folders sync, to see if that would pull the new folder up to the cloud, but it did not. The only solution I found, was to go into the web interface, and manually create a duplicate new folder, and any/all sub-folders and upload files with web interface, and then delete the local copy.

Recommendation: Have all new folders, created within the OneDrive hierarchy, including level 1, appear in the sync client "Choose folders to sync" area.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Beth Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google