OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

Stop forcing OneDrive folders to Favorites in the Finder Sidebar

Every time I reboot, OneDrive forcefully places a shortcut to it's folder in the Finder Sidebar Favorites section.
I'd like to have the choice of disabling this.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
athemelis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • alex v commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This also happens every time you simply quit the app and restart it. Very annoying.

• Mike Matas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 It is extreamly annoying that OneDrive forces me to have these folders in my favorites. I only use a few sub folders in my OneDrive and have absolutely no need for these top level folders to be in my sidebar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
    Every time I restart my mac (or just restart the onedrive app) onedrive adds my onedrive folder to my favourites in the finder window. How do I stop this from happening?
    If I remove the folder from the favourites, it just reappears after the reboot.
    So please stop making these "microsoft decisions" – mandatory decisions and lets make it our own choice.

• D Golding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This behavior runs against OS best practices. Highly annoying for maintaining my custom OS environment.

• Nik Sauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, this is horrible, especially as I can't rename my OneDrive for Business resulting in a streched Finder window.

Feedback and Knowledge Base