OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

Better support for Sketch.app files

We still use Dropbox as OneDrive doesn't play nicely with the Sketch.app files on the Mac our user experience designers use. We'd love to move off of Dropbox entirely and only use OneDrive, but aren't able to until Sketch.app files are better supported.

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben Skelton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having a nightmare with sketch files and OneDrive, specifically when syncing to Sharepoint. They keep getting stuck at 127kb.

OneDrive doesn't seem to support Sketch.app files in the same way that dropbox does. ---We are having the same problem as Ben (comment: better support for sketch.app files) has mentioned... we are moving from Dropbox to onedrive, and we are having issues with read/write privileges, syncing, version control & locked for editing... what is the work around until this is solved? (team is international, and we need to find an effecient and secure way to work, without too many work arounds which can result in more human error.

I am constantly getting warnings in Sketch:

"The document "xyz.sketch" could not be autosaved. The file has been changed by another application.
    Click Save Anyway to keep your changes and save the changes made by the other application as a version, or click Revert to keep the changes from the other application and save your changes as a version. You can also click Save As to save your changes to a different file."

When I quit the OneDrive Sync client the message doesn't pop up anymore.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specific Sketch files get caught in a sync loop. They sync, then delete, then sync again... infinitely.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you explain ‘doesn’t play nicely’, in what way are the files not supported?

I’ve been using MacOS/Sketch.app/ OneDrive together for a while, seemingly without issues...

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see OneDrive function as a complete file repository, not just for files directly supported by Office. That is what keeps us from moving over entirely as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base