OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

please support APFS case sensitive on mac in your client

currently it's not possible to use your one drive client on my mac. the reason: my filesystem is APFS in case sensitive version

251 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Panayiotis Kazanis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found the solution with APFS case sensitive: Go to disk utility . Disk Utility menu-> EDIT->Add APFS volume. Select the APFS as format not the APFS case sensitive. This will create a second volume without deleting the current volume. Internally it creates a MOUNT. Then setup onedrive in the new volume....

• Jon Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really?! How can Microsoft not comprehend case sensitive file systems? They'll probably tell us we can only use file names of 8 characters soon.

Microsoft, open your eyes and see that there is a world outside your creaking and decrepit ecosystem and get with the times.

I need this for my business and currently you're holding my files ******* simply because I use a Mac.

• JdB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Baffling - how could this have happened?!
    The Google ecosystem is looking better and better by the day.

• Nikolay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THat's ridiculous how Microsoft dumb and stubborn not to have it worked as all the rest competitors are cool with it!

For god's sake how long should it take?!!

• Forrest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really enjoy all the convenience that Office 365 provides and would love to be able to use the OneDrive client on my Mac.

It is still surprising to find this sort of limitation.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can't still be a problem - it's months (and least 7 )since this was raised.

Come on Microsoft.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason why this is not allowed that I can think of, is that Microsoft is craр and loves error messages. A file synchronization app doesn't need to care about the file system, because it doesn't work at that level. Filesystems are managed by the operating system's kernel and the basic APIs to access them are the same for every filesystem. This is an artifical limitation, nothing more.

• Duane E Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have another hard disk to install it on.
    And I can't install it on a removable "thumb drive" - this is not useful

What are you expecting me to do? Reformat my MAC hard drive?

If I do that, then other stuff (that works now) will probably start breaking because they are expecting case sensitive file systems

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must as Apples conitnues to rollout new Laptops and Desktops with APFS installed on them as default! Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base