OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

CPU Usage too high in High Sierra

MacOs 10.13.2
CPU Usage is too high while using one drive.
Please correct!

1,598 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jürgen Karl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

202 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Super0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with Onedrive as reported by others - CPU on MBP15" is right now 137%, fan is whirling.

MBP15 mohave
    I have finder integration enabled
    I think it takes too long to sync
    I think not having git-like file type sync controls to really make this excessive CPU problem worse.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considered moving away from Dropbox. Changed my mind after 2 days of using OneDrive. Slow sync, problems with filenames, incredibly high CPU usage. Unusable for me.

The only short term fix I have found helpful for the CPU usage is to stop the finder extension.

• freya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continually exhausting my cpu on syncs.. this is ridiculous, get some better engineers.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Consistently pegs the CPU even when done syncing. This is a disaster.

• Matt Smallman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous and inevitably poor engineering with lacklustre testing. I literally have no CPU left to actually do the work I'm trying to do in MS apps.

A clean reboot seems to solve for a little while but then I'm quickly back to square one.

• Bill D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

98% and killing my battery. I thought I needed a new battery, no just a broken app.

75% and according to the interface it was doing nothing and everything was up to date. :/

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MacOS 10.13.6

OneDrive and distnoted start hogging up tons of CPU in Activity Monitor, then Finder joins them. OneDrive stops responding, and then my Macbook Pro shutsdown, I guess to save the CPU from overheating (the cooling fans sound like they are going to turn the laptop into a helicopter).

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Constant high CPU with OneDrive on Mojave, really annoying! OneDrive for Business seems to work fine but my personal OneDrive is terrible.

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue on Mojave. This is pathetic, come on Microsoft. This has been an issue for far too long. Stop upgrading your UI and start making software that people actually feel good using.

• Honza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been searching for solution of this issue again as it came back after SMC reset. It worked for few days, but when I switched on my Mac (I usually don't do that, I just close/open the lid) it happened again - CPU consumption of OneDrive was 98,8% !!! I simply turned OneDrive off and fan has switched off immediately. I really don't understand it why that big company as Microsoft haven't found solution yet. Probably we are minor customers. I'm thinking about another solution. MacOS Mojave 10.4.4, Office 365, OneDrive 18.213.0826.0018

• Prophetia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For 19.062.0331.0004 ,CPU is acceptable,but RAM usage is too much. It can not free memory auto.

7GB now~~

I have to quit and restart again !

• kawouter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry to say that the fix I mentioned earlier, is only temporary. The CPU usage is high again on my mac after a few days (suspends?)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base