or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pawel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

we have the same problem in two configurations.
        1. OneDrive app to OneDrive account
        2. OneDrive app to SharePoint Online library
        Files bigger than 50MB are downloaded automatically. When we change flag to "Free up space" after some time files are downloaded again to computer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Raphael,

I have exactly the same problem. In my opinion Files On-Demand do not work on Sharepoint connections. On my site the Sharepoint connection did not syncronise at all when Enabling the option (check for updates in Sharepoint ... I didn't see anything). Maybe this is only on my installation. Can you post if you find something out. My mail manuel.stocker at medisante-group.com

Best Manuel

See my post below.

Dear Raphael,

I have exactly the same problem. In my opinion Files On-Demand do not work on Sharepoint connections. On my site the Sharepoint connection did not syncronise at all when Enabling the option (check for updates in Sharepoint ... I didn't see anything). Maybe this is only on my installation. Can you post if you find something out. My mail manuel.stocker@medisante-group.com

Best Manuel

See my post below.

• Raphael Ammann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I am using the preview Files On-Demand. For some reason it fills up my disc space as soon as I am connected to my OneDrive and to our company's sharepoint. When I go into the finder and check what files are temporarily downloaded, I see a lot of files that have been downloaded even though I have never touched them. If I try the "free up space" option on a parent folder nothing really happens. If you "free up space" each individual file it takes the file off my disk, however a split moment later the file is temporarily downloaded again. There for I end up with a full disk.

Hello, Tried it on my mac & I follow excalty waht is explained. However, I do not see the option after following the procedure in my setting for One Drive. the option does not appear ? does anybody hs the same issue & have found a solution N Thank you regardsOliiver

• Manuel Stocker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Files On-Demand does NOT work with 365-SHAREPOINT sites :( You have to activate "Turn Off Files On-Demand" in order that the access still works (i.e. you have to sync all the site locally) Has anyone found out more about the issue ?

Also looking to report bugs. As mentioned below, the selective/file on demand sync stops after a while and you end up eating all your SSD space. Cannot make it re-sync for now as it's uploading files and I don't want to run the chance of losing some work.

Moreover, after moving a folder from the ssd to onedrive, it didn't delete the original and it stopped the file on demand. I will wait for it to finish uploading all of it (50+GB) before restarting the PC, but this is not "expected behavior" (it should have moved, not copied), not sure what's going on.

Generally good when it works, although at the moment it appears to be inconsitent

• Lorenzo Cattaneo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find anywhere to report bugs properly, so I'll try to list what I found here:

-At the moment I found that even with files on demand active, space is still being eaten up. In fact, I found myself with 100GB occupied by onedrive, which is what would have been if I normally synced everything in my folder.

-even with the space occupied files behave as if they have not been downloaded, so when I open something it gets downloaded again.

-files preview does not work, I have to double-click them and fully open files.

- sync seems to stop after a while and does not continue until I restart onedrive

- the finder icon often does not appear without restarting the finder

- do I really have to manually download updates?!?!

Hopefuly this thread is still being read by microsoft..

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive has always had the highest CPU usage of all apps on my MacBook Pro, even before the OnDemand version. Mine regularly sits at 160% (not sure how this is possible?!). The whole shortfall and complication is pushing me towards Dropbox....

A few major bugs with this "files on demand" build. What is the BEST way to report them?

Surely there is something more technical (i.e. sends system logs) than just the "happy" or "sad" face feedback options?

Number 1 issue is at startup you need to relaunch the Finder for it to show the OneDrive sync icons next to files. I have this scripted in my startup by hand. Seeing high CPU usage when idle sometimes that is killing my battery and I have to quit out of OneDrive.

It seems that overall Microsoft could be doing a much better job of making us Mac users feel like we are part of the development cycle. It seems that the OneDrive app will not be updating itself automatically and we need to keep checking by hand for new builds. Just sad guys, so much effort because you guys aren't organizing stuff for us. Get it together...

In answer to my own question and for the benefit of others:

LOCATING THE .JSON FILE

1. Open Finder
        2. In the finder menu bar choose 'Go'
        3. At the bottom of the menu choose "Go to Folder"
        4. An entry field pops up in the finder window, enter the address "~/Library/Caches/OneDrive" and click enter
        5. The .json in question file will be evident - delete this.

Where do I locate ~/Library/Caches/OneDrive to delete the .json files?

I can find two locations for Library/Caches on my system but neither contain any reference to OneDrive as noted above?

Seems I am not the only one with this problem?

I can't seem to make this work. I went through the steps and I don't seem to have this thread either ( ~/Library/Caches/OneDrive). Also the .json that I searched for 'on my mac' file all have a safari icon and i am hesitant to delete those, especially since they are not in the above path. CAn anyone help?

I have no folder ~/Library/Caches/OneDrive. It was a problem to even launch it, and now it's a problem to explain users what they should do to even try it. Ridiculous.

• Rodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brilliant. So far, so good - it is working well. This kind of feature parity between platforms is makes OneDrive much more competitive with Google and Dropbox.

So good to see this come to the Mac. Assume the delay was due to the requirement of APFS. Either way, the wait was worth it!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base