Vincenzo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian McFarlane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@RC - we found things to work fairly well for our test users on Macs with symlinks for Desktop and Documents. We are putting together an installer package (to push with Intune) that will perform this function for our users. There are a lot of edge cases though. If we end up with something usable, I will post a link to the source.

• RC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Brian McFarlane - I'd be very curious how your pilot went using symlinks

• Brian McFarlane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are doing a trial pilot of sym linked directories (desktop / documents) inside the onedrive synced directory. Thus giving the same KFM experience to mac users. We would like it though if this were baked into the product.

• SH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's important for us to be able to deploy a similar feature on the MacOS. Now that the new GPO's and Azure join functionality is allowing the Onedrive to autoconfigure both the drive pathing/login/kfm, we need a method to do something partially similar through a mac script or exe switches.

• Rahul Tyagi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Icloud is better option for backup desktop and document if you have enough space for same as by default only 5 GB available for more you have to buy....both app have cons.

• Charles Charlton (GM) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iCloud does this, and has done it for awhile. It's a pretty sad day when Apple's iCloud anything beats anyone to the punch for a feature.

Seriously though, would be great to have next.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, as long as the feature is in Office for Windows, it is important to our user base to have it work the same in MacOS.

• Mitchell Guthrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am helping implement OneDrive at a large government agency. We have over 10,000 macOS in the environment. Our IT support group and user base are asking for this feature.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to at least be able to sync a users desktop and documents folder with OneDrive, similar to how Windows is able to do this.

• Steve Yuroff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. Mojave stacks are very nice for "keep it all on the desktop" folks. If I could back their Desktop documents with the flexibility and access of OneDrive, that would be prefered.

• Zee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would help our deployment efforts not to have to tell 40% of our user base, 'sorry you're out of luck, no KFM for you.'

• Kev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Bring this feature to Mac, many of us use PC's and Mac's in our environment, this is a great way to keep everything in sync. I really like KFM, thanks so much.

• Nik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked Stephen Rose about this last week at TechMentor and he said MAYBE they would be announcing something like this for mac at Ignite 2018. He said it in a way that it was still a maybe though, but at least they are thinking about it!

Feedback and Knowledge Base