OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

File name restrictions

The file name restrictions are still in place. There shouldn't be any special character, symbol, space before or after file. It is very disappointing especially when you are uploading hundreds of GBs and with 460 file name errors. That makes you stop the whole process. Please allow any type of file names like dropbox/google drive etc.

Thank you.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • hb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really disappointed and frustrated when syncing files from Mac, always prompt the file name errors.. Hope Microsoft can do something on this, otherwise we have to change the cloud storage solution to other provider.

• Roy Leban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DropBox never complains that the name of a file contains a special character — it just makes it work. I'm trying to move from DropBox to OneDrive and I'm told I have to rename 165 files?!

• Matthew Slyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would "second" the request by "Anonymous": filename restrictions in 2018? Seriously? All I did was copy some emails to my filesystem from Outlook, attempt to synchronise them, and I get this road-block! Also disappointed that Windows File Explorer can't search paths/filenames containing Unicode chars.

Feedback and Knowledge Base