OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

Icon for sidebar in finder

Dropbox and iCloud have dedicated icons for when they are placed in the finder sidebar. When the one drive folder is placed there, though it has a custom folder icon inside the finder window, it reverts back to a standard folder icon. I suggest that you find a way to make this be the actual one drive icon.

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Connor Lewis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Mojave you need to relaunch Finder. Right click on Finder in the dock and select re-launch.

When you restart MacOS the folder will revert to a normal folder until you restart Finder again.

Of course you need the extension to be enabled in System Preferences.

• Artur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to disable and enable OneDrive Finder extension - no result (OS Mojave)

• Brody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"System Preferences then Extensions and enable the OneDrive Finder extension" Confirmed to work and permit OneDrive custom icon for Favourites sidebar on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Thanks Gary Davis.

• Gary Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm, might have found the answer. Go to System Preferences then Extensions and enable the OneDrive Finder extension. You might need to remove the existing Sidebar items and then re-add them. Once I turned on the extension and added the OneDrive folders to the Sidebar, the icon did *not* revert to a regular folder icon. Also, com.microsoft.oneDrive-mac.FinderSync was added to user/Library/Containers.

• Gary Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well. . . it does work and it doesn't work. I have an iMac and a MB Pro and both have the same two OneDrive accounts set up on them. One is a personal account while the other is business. On the iMac, the icon in the Sidebar reverts to a regular folder icon while on the MB Pro, the Sidebar icon is the OneDrive icon. Weird. I'm not sure what's causing the difference.

Feedback and Knowledge Base