OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sync Onedrive to external harddrive on Mac

I need to be able to sync OneDriver with an external harddrive on Mac! This should be easy for you to fix.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync Documents, Desktop etc folders to OneDrive Option

Just like OneDrive for Windows has with the Auto Save tab 'Protect your important folders' that would allow you to automatically back up anything saved to Documents, Desktop and Pictures folder, I'd love for it to be an option for Mac. Even a step further where additional folders could be selected by the user.

As an admin that manages a number of users on mac, it's been a bit of a push to get users across and some of them are never going to do it the 'right' way and save into their OneDrive. By having this option, it can…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Continue to improve sync speeds, they make the product unusable

I signed up for Office 365, thinking I could use it to replace my Google Drive. However, after a couple days of uploading data to One Drive, I have come to the conclusion that I won't be able to use it since it is so slow in uploading files. I uploaded a batch of files from my Mac to Google Drive last week, and it took one evening to finish. I am now trying to upload the same batch of files from my Mac to One Drive, and I'm 24 hours in and less than 25% done. It also appears…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Metered connection functionality on macOS

It would be great to have some sort of metered connection functionality on macOS like Windows. I know that Windows 10 has this native in the OS, but I think there are other ways to implement on Mac:

1) Being able to select a network adapter (ex: Novatel U620L LTE modem)
    2) Being able to whitelist and blacklist ESSIDs for syncing
    3) Ability to manually turn on a "limited mode"

Honestly, I'd love the option to have all 3 of those.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make onedrive compatible with icloud drive

when the onedrive folder is installed on macos in the iclouddrive folder, the files and folders within onedrive are not synchronized with icloud drive. remarkably it does sync onedrve for business.
    can this behaviour of onedrive for business be extended to ondrive personal? thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mac client to enable sync of only selected folders

The Mac client currently lets you to sync all the files that you have on your onedrive with the onedrive folder. I have 1TB on my onedrive and only 500GB on my mac, so when i want to transfer files to the onedrive in order to free space i am not able to use the client anymore.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sync OS X Photos automatically without export

Currently, you need to export photos from OS X Photos app in order to upload to OneDrive. This is a manual process and creates duplicate copies of photos. Would be great if OneDrive sync the photos automatically.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive folder location

Please re-add the ability to put the OneDrive folder on a different HDD on the mac. I use a Mac Pro with 4 internal HDDs and i no longer can do so.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable macOS Sidebar Icons

Give users the option to disable the automatic addition of icons to the macOS Finder sidebar from within OneDrive options. If I remove the icons from the sidebar manually, they're readded every time OneDrive for macOS restarts.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sync both the Onedrive folder and another folder

New laptops have a small ssd inside and people prefer to use an external drive. Please allow to sync both the Onedrive folder inside a computer and another folder inside an external drive, or make the possibility of support a symbolic link or give us the possibility of transfer data via sftp.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. connection

My connection dropped (it happens). After one minute it got back again.
    Check the difference between Dropbox icon and OneDrive on the attached image.
    Dropbox felt the connection dropping, but also realised that it got back together and continued working. After I'm disconnected OneDrive just gives up, It never even bothers checking if my connection is back. I have to close and restar the software.

COME-ON! It should SYNC, so that means it should keep actively looking for my files and for my connection. This is not someone I hired and that needed a break because it got tired, THIS…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just make it possible, to sync specific and different folders from your mac into the drive.

I want to sync different folders from my mac into the onedrive and not only sync one specific folder, where all data from the rootfolder will be saved.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove duplicate "OneDrive Almost Full" warning notifications

Remove the duplicate alerts for when you receive a "OneDrive is X% full" notification. It pops up every time OneDrive Syncs and is very irritating to have to clear every few minutes. It should only have to be done once.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ignore files/folder

There's certain folders I never want synced/backed up. I'm a developer and a lot of my projects are synced with OneDrive. They're some folders (ex: node_modules) that I don't want synced.

The other reason this is important is I sync all my documents, downloads, pictures, etc. This adds up to a lot of files. I've found that OneDrive uses a lot of CPU to monitor these files. If they're sets of files/folders that I never want monitored it can help CPU performance. I have tested this theory by archiving a lot of old directories and also removing folders with lots…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Corregir los caracteres con tilde o ñ

En la versión para MAC, el texto sale con signos cuando se usa caracteres como la ñ o tildes. Eso hace que incomode a la vista.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sdk mac

provide OneDrive SDK for mac

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Excel files are unexpectedly corrupted while using the Excel files on OneDrive for Business with Excel 2016 for Mac devices.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Excel 2016 for Mac で Excel ファイルを利用中に、ファイルが破損して修復することができない

Excel files are unexpectedly corrupted while using the Excel files on OneDrive for Business with Excel 2016 for Mac devices.
    ■Description(内容):
    Excel 2016 for Mac で OneDrive for Business 上の Excel ファイルを利用中に、ファイルが破損して修復することができない場合がある。Excel 2016 for Mac のバージョンを、16.13.1 (180523) に更新したところ、修復をして開くことができるようになったが、別の端末では引き続き修復ができず、開くことができない。OneDrive for Business のバージョン履歴を利用しても 1.0 まで戻さなければ開けない状態で、開けていた時のバージョンには戻せない状況。

なお、端末によってはバージョンの更新によって動作が変わったこと、および、下記の Microsoft コミュニティに今回の事象と類似した投稿 (日本語のみ) があったことから、Office クライアントに起因する可能性がある。

<参考情報>
    タイトル : Office 2016 for mac で「'XXXX.xlsx' の一部の内容に問題が見つかりました。」エラー
    アドレス : http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6c6eaedf-4c6b-4fd7-83e5-e98ba6232fd9

現在はローカル PC 内にファイルを保存するとファイルが開けるため、そちらで対処するが、大変不便であるため、改善してほしい。​

Currently, We are concerned that the Excel file may be unexpectedly corrupted then it cannot be repaired in some cases while using the Excel…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow syncing of "forbidden" file types (ex. *.swf) from OneDrive for Business on Mac to Office 365 Small Business Premium

Allow syncing of "forbidden" file types (ex. *.swf) from OneDrive for Business on Mac to Office 365 Small Business Premium

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CPU usage too high on Mac.

The CPU usage is too on Mac computers. CPU usage on MacBook Pro is too high. CPU usage is at 20% all the time and the fan is running constantly. One Drive drains the Battery in one hour. If I close the app everything is fine.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base