OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. フォルダー[個人用Vault]

WindowsやiOS端末のOneDriveのフォルダーにある[個人用Vault]がMacに存在しない。なぜ?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change notebook url link save location in OneDrive

Briefly, I would like to see a feature on OneNote for Mac or OneDrive that allows users to change the automatic save location of OneNote notebooks on OneDrive from 'documents' to a different folder.

Currently, OneNote uses an auto detect save feature in order to save and sync notebooks from the program into OneDrive. After speaking with a Microsoft representative, he mentioned that this feature does not allow for the notebook save location to be changed into a different folder within OneDrive (i.e. a user-created folder called 'OneNote notebooks').

From the research that I have done, I noticed that OneNote…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow shared folders to be moved into subfolders.

As described in "Moving shared files and shared folders in your OneDrive" in the documentation, "If you move a shared folder into another folder, it takes the permissions of the destination folder." Since shared folders are placed in the root of the OneDrive folder by default, this makes it impossible to organize shared folders into subfolders by project or type.

In general, moving a shared folder (or a link to someone else's shared folder) into a regular subfolder should not change the permissions of the shared folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-onedrive-for-home-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504#bkmk_move

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resume copying incompletely copied file when the net is back

If the internet gets disconnected while copying a large file, I don't think it resumes copying from where it left off. This feature is badly required.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pausing "on/off"

Currently pausing is set to 2,8 or 24 hrs.
    Why you did not want to have simply a "Pausing" option to control "on/off" pausing at all?
    This is beneficial when travelling and use phone to connect, can save a lot of data costs (i.e. roaming).
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom sync older name

Please provide a custom sync folder name instead of OneDrive - Tenant folder name, Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The on-display showing which files have synced shows very less details and should include more information

The quick shortcut on Mac showing which files are being synced displays very mundane information, it should show much more information like time required to upload the file especially for large files.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Full Support of macOS File System Character Names

The OneDrive client running on the macOS file system should not require that we change names of files that are allowed on macOS but not supported by the backend file system OneDrive uses to store files in the cloud. A file that is named with a filename that is fully supported by the macOS file system should sync to the cloud and be presented in the OneDrive web UI with the proper file name. It should synch to another Mac exactly as it should. When synching with incompatible filesystems, there should be an established pattern for handling that on other…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDive should upload EVERY type of file without fuss.

I've used Google Drive for the past few years with 100% satisfactory results. It uploads EVERY TYPE of file without a fuss. Just for the sake of understanding how different my experience would be with OneDrive, last year I tried to use OneDrive. My data consists of ALL TYPES of files. In the first few minutes OneDrive gave me more than 100 reasons why it was unable to upload some files so I got discouraged and abandoned the idea.
    Recently I heard there is some improvement and Microsoft would like us to "Come Back To OneDrive" so today I tried…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. display login information in app

I can not tell which account was logged in the app, please display login information in app
    (in popup / settings)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 즉시 동기화

즉시 동기화 할 수 있는 버튼이 있었으면 좋겠습니다.

지금은 일시정지를 했다가 다시 온라인 연결하는 형태로 하는 하는데

필요한 문서가 바로 동기화 되어서 함께 공유되면 좋겠습니다.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For god's sake add a feature which folders to keep on server and which to sync with PC

For god's sake add a feature which folders to keep on server and which to sync with PC

DropBox has that feature

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Message is "Processing nnnn changes" after opening a single file

The message, "Processing nnnn changes" is, to me, confusing where nnnn is upwards of 3,000 and happens after no activity for 17 hours when I open a single Excel file residing on OneDrive. I have not seen that message on Windows 10 when doing something similar, on the same OneDrive. I am not sure the message is necessary, though I can imagine all those changes being made, but perhaps I do not need to know that. Without some background, or a White Paper describing what happens, I wonder if the number of changes are caused by something I have done…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Silent Auto Config option for macOS OneDrive client

On Windows we can use the Silent Auto Config GPO setting so that when a user starts OneDrive it will automatically sign in with their account and configure the client so they don't see any setup wizard. For Mac's that are AD Bound this should not be an issue and they should have the same functionality.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Solution APFS and ONEDRIVE can't create folder

I found the solution with APFS case sensitive: Go to disk utility . Disk Utility menu-> EDIT->Add APFS volume. Select the APFS as format not the APFS case sensitive. This will create a second volume without deleting the current volume. Internally it creates a MOUNT. Then setup onedrive in the new volume....

Thankfully APFS is a superb filesystem.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Permanent pause - not sync after restart

1. It would be nice to have an option for a permanent pause and,

2. not starting the syc after turning on the computer during the pause period!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. See Available Space in Menu

It would be great if clicking the OneDrive menu icon showed the space used/available.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Atualizar o OneDrive corrigindo o roubo de RAM que ele faz com o Mac

Precisam entender o que está acontecendo com o app para Mac onde rouba memória RAM do MacBook deixando-o lento. Basta encerrar os processos que o computador volta ao normal. Vejam na foto anexa onde mostra que o OneDrive está roubando 5 GB de RAM de um total de 8 GB, sendo que livre fica 1 GB, ou seja, todos os demais processos juntos gastam apenas 2 GB, menos de 50% de um único app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cartella remota che visualizza anche i file condivisi

Nella cartella remota OneDrive non vengono caricati i file che altri hanno condiviso con me. Grosso limite rispetto a Dropbox

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base