OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Move Syncing Locations Window to Prominent Location

Instead of placing this very important feature on the Accounts tab in the Preferences panel, the folders or files I'm syncing should be displayed prominently in a window that's accessible from the menu bar or contextual menu. And, please, please, make the window re-sizeable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make one drive sync over cable

I have 4 devices: Mac Laptop, Windows on Parallels, iPad and iPhone. It would be nice to be able to sync all of them over wifi w/o having to upload and download from the internet 4 times!
    This would have the following benefits:
    1-speed of update
    2-avoid draining metered connections quotas
    3-the cloud is still single source of truth but parallels, osx and iOS update automatically from the home computer all the files that are not changed vs the cloud
    4-avoid clutter on slow internet connections

Remember that not everybody travels at 1GBPS especially when in travel mode, public wifi…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fehlerbehebung

Nicht erkennbar, wo das Dateiproblem liegt. Datei(en) manuell von der Synchronisierung ausschließen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Date Taken column available

When managing photos in finder it would be good to have the Date Taken column available as with the web browser.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mac users Beware: OneDrive unable to sync w/ Mac & won't accept special characters from Word Documents

Service Request: 1493433784
    I have been extremely disappointed with One Drive and would not recommend it. Prior to purchasing the product I spoke with 2 Microsoft Representatives who assured me One Drive would meet my needs and would work just "fine" on my Mac computer. None of this is true. I have now spent at least 5 phone calls with Level 3 Microsoft technicians attempting to resolve syncing issues with Mac and One Drive. Today I was told as my final answer that One Drive will NOT sync with my "Document" folder on my computer. Completely unacceptable since both Google…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One Office365 Portal for multiple users.

I have one office 365 portal with 2 users of one company but with 2 different brands. Brand1 and Brand2 but the invoice is on Brand1 only because the other is simply a brand name and not a Company. If I setup the 2 account on my Mac i see 2 folders with the same name (Brand1) but with different Email (Brand1’s email and Brand2’s email). The problem is that Brand1 is not connected with Brand2 and is very bad have the 2 identities mixed. More, if I setup the second account in IOS i cannot as I receive a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Library folder name sync

If a Library folder name is changed online (e.g., in Sharepoint), that name is not synced by OneDrive on the client though all its content is. I suggest the name of the main folder should also be synced to avoid confusion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive app killed as soon as it is started

This is a bug report, not an idea. I understand that issues should be submitted “directly within the product”, but the issue here is that the “product” cannot even start.

OneDrive version 19.222.1110, installed through the App Store on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6.

If I try to start the app through the graphical interface (clicking on the OneDrive.app icon in the Applications folder)... nothing visible happens. If I try to start it through Spotlight, I get a single message “The application OneDrive.app can’t be opened”.

If I try to start through the command line (by running /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/MacOS/OneDrive from a terminal),…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can't save the files automatically

I can't save the files automatically already uploaded in the onedrive. When I want to turn on the autosave,it tell me to upload the file. But the file is already in onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow filenames to contain any and all characters.

The current restriction on file naming is archaic and outdated.I purchased OneDrive to upload and archive all my working and personal files - only to discover that hundreds if not thousands of files can't be uploaded for this reason. And it is not an option to rename the files. Too many, and those names would be linked within other applications that they're used in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Merge multiple OneDrive accounts on MacOS

I love the OneDrive functionality and use it daily for work and University studies. My Mac menu bar is filling up brave and quick. It would be great to have my OneDrive icons merged so I could just jump between Drives when required.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Group Problems that depend on others at the bottom of the list

when showing problems when uploading folders to OneDrive, show the dependent items at the bottom of the list, so I don't have to scroll thro

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Help.

Not all of my documents are saving on One-drive. How do i fix this? Also i don't think it is working properly on my MackBook Pro

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. dejar una carga de archivo en pausa,

debería aparecer la opción de dejar una carga de archivo en pausa, así cuando se trata de archivos pesados, se puede poner en pausa para que. En el archivo adjunto, es una captura de pantalla, y tengo 3 archivos de 3 giras cada uno, y me gustaría poner en pausa los 3 para darle paso a otros archivos y así carguen mas rápido.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Carpeta compartida en red en mac

Falta una forma de contectar onedrive como una unidad de red, sin tener que duplicar los datos en mi mac. de la misma forma que existe esta alternativa para windows 10

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base