OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. High Sierra Beta - Onedrive isn't working anymore

I installed the High Sierra public beta and now my one drive connections aren't working. Just wonder if anyone else had the same thing happen. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Decrease OneDrive Mac resource usage

OneDrive for Mac uses considerable CPU, even when there is nothing to sync. It regularly uses 100% CPU and runs batteries down 5x faster than normal, draining a MacBook batter in under 2 hours that get 8+ hours without OneDrive running. This happens to me on 3 different MacBook Pros. This is in all recent versions, but seems worse in clients supporting selective files on-demand. I truly enjoy OneDrive, but this issues is making it unusable.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. mac

OneDrive really need a tool for monitoring what is happening on folders. I mean which folder are sync and which not, which is syncing and, maybe, what files.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow uploading Mac OS X Photos Library without the fat

Currently I keep my Photos Library inside the OneDrive folder. It gets synchronized just "fine", but as an exact file sync (expected! duh!).

However, the Mac Photos app keeps a DB file which gets updated apparently everyday, so everyday OneDrive is pushing ~300MB to the cloud. Worst, when viewing the photos online in OneDrive, it's showing me "doubles" cause it's showing the original and the thumbnails (not to mention face thumbnails from face recognition).

I like using the Photos app locally, but would like to ONLY sync the original photos to OneDrive. Feels like it's something the "OneDrive for Mac"…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneDrive folder location

Please re-add the ability to put the OneDrive folder on a different HDD on the mac. I use a Mac Pro with 4 internal HDDs and i no longer can do so.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive

The OpenDrive app for mac should have the option to choose the path after initial setup was done. If you decide to move somewhere else in the Mac, this is not possible.
    Make the effort and let us to decide where will be located the folder.

I am a 365 user using all the best from Microsoft and Mac.

Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable macOS Sidebar Icons

Give users the option to disable the automatic addition of icons to the macOS Finder sidebar from within OneDrive options. If I remove the icons from the sidebar manually, they're readded every time OneDrive for macOS restarts.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive should support nap on Mac in order to conserve battery

Nap is not enabled. Moreover the app is using too much battery, while seemingly doing nothing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reduce the number of steps to get to "Choose Folders" screen

I am constantly dipping in and out of the "Choose Folders" to sync screen. I think there are too many steps to get to it in my opinion. It would be great if we could reduce the number of clicks and menus required.

When working on certain projects, or if I need to reference an old project I use the "Choose Files" window to download only that folder from my OneDrive. It would greatly speed up my workflow if getting hold of project files could be simpler.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sync Onedrive to external harddrive on Mac

I need to be able to sync OneDriver with an external harddrive on Mac! This should be easy for you to fix.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow the personal vault to mac

allow to personal vault to mac

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dropbox better than OneDrive

Tried to make the switch from Dropbox to OneDrive on Macbook pro. Was looking forward to saving the money.. but files uploaded so slowly and some folders were empty! So am happily back with my trusted but expensive Dropbox!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sync errors shouldn't stop other files from syncing

If a file is unable to sync due to an unsupported character in the name or some other error, it shouldn't cause all my other files from syncing. Syncing should continue with all files except those with the error.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Continue to improve sync speeds, they make the product unusable

I signed up for Office 365, thinking I could use it to replace my Google Drive. However, after a couple days of uploading data to One Drive, I have come to the conclusion that I won't be able to use it since it is so slow in uploading files. I uploaded a batch of files from my Mac to Google Drive last week, and it took one evening to finish. I am now trying to upload the same batch of files from my Mac to One Drive, and I'm 24 hours in and less than 25% done. It also appears…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow .oneondriveignore file in the root of a folder similar to git

I would like to ignore certain folder patterns in a Projects folder I would like to sync with OneDrive. Allowing the use of a customizable text file to sit in the root of the OneDrive sync folder would allow me to create a match pattern to ignore particular folders and files similar to .gitignore file permit.

Example:

.onedriveignore

photography//RAW
    photography/
    /edits

This would ignore all photos in RAW and edits and only sync the customer finals. However, for another project, the customer may want to pay for access to different files and thus would need to alter the ignore…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Known folder sync feature request

We would like to put ~/Documents and ~/Desktop (for example) in MacOS on OneDrive for Business without actually moving these folders elsewhere. We would request you to make this feature as early as possible.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make onedrive compatible with icloud drive

when the onedrive folder is installed on macos in the iclouddrive folder, the files and folders within onedrive are not synchronized with icloud drive. remarkably it does sync onedrve for business.
    can this behaviour of onedrive for business be extended to ondrive personal? thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mac client to enable sync of only selected folders

The Mac client currently lets you to sync all the files that you have on your onedrive with the onedrive folder. I have 1TB on my onedrive and only 500GB on my mac, so when i want to transfer files to the onedrive in order to free space i am not able to use the client anymore.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. stop downloading files when low disk space

curvy version downloads until disk space runs out, then falls and requires re-signing

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Corregir los caracteres con tilde o ñ

En la versión para MAC, el texto sale con signos cuando se usa caracteres como la ñ o tildes. Eso hace que incomode a la vista.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base