OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make default directory for "save as" for autosave-enabled file same as the original file

When saving a new version of an autosave-enabled file in Office + OneDrive on a Mac, the file ends up on random locations. The standard behaviour should be in the same folder as the current file, but instead some kind of cached value for recent folder is used.

Example:
    Save as for a new version of "filename 1" in folder "A" may result in "filename 2" being stored in folder X somewhere else. (Apparently because I have earlier worked on another file in folder X.)

If you search for this problem, you will find that numerous people have reported this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. save a copy folder

WHY can't "save a copy" save to the folder of the orginal file? WHY does it go to the previous folder? totally crazy that this has changed after decades of "save as" being in the same folder as the original. TERRIBLE FEATURE.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Correzione Bug grafico Mac

Su Mac Onedrive ha dei problemi che sono principalmente grafici.
    Problemi
    1) non vengono visualizzate nella cartella Onedrive le icone sui file ( Sync, flag verde, ecc )
    Correzione urgente perchè non si capisce quando i file sono sincronizzati

2)Il Mac fa vedere non lo spazio che occupa in quel momento la cartella di Onedrive ma lo spazio che occuperebbe se fosse tutto sincronizzato in locale!
    Anche qui correzione URGENTE

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive for Business should respect last modified dates

When a file is copied to OneDrive for Business it affects the last modified date of the file. Whereas Google Drive maintains the prior last modified date because a copy isn't a modification.

This is helpful for tracking when someone last updated something they were working on. If a file hasn't been changed in 3 years, the last modified date should respect that when copied to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sincronizzare documenti e scrivania su mac

Quando sarà possibile sincronizzare anche la cartella scrivania e documenti in automatico come avviene già con google drive e Dropbox e iCloud??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE SHOW SHARED FKNG FOLDER IN THE ONEDRIVE for MAC ! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO EDIT TXT FILE ? Its 2021.

^ Above written clearly whats my issue. I cant edit txt file, this is really frustrating. I have to go web onedrive and download it. BUT IF I DOWNLOAD, HOW THE **** DO I COLLAB>???????

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Block Download while sharing

Currently when I share a folder or file, the recipient can download the file. I share very important data and I would like the recipient only to view and NOT DOWNLOAD. I believe this feature is available for business and college account. Can this be added to individual users as well?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Single status icon with multiple accounts

When using onedrive with multiple accounts only show one cloud-symbol in the statusbar. Best would be a dropdown to access the desired account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better integration of OneDrive with Mac, and Teams with Mac

Having OneDrive on all the time is not possible since it consumes ~100% CPU time. Having OneDrive on during a Teams meeting is close to impossible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. File on Demand Storage Counter/Prompt

1. Be able to set an upper limit for the amount of file on demand data to be kept on the device ie. 40GB

2. Show a progress bar or "storage' disk icon with the amount of data that has been stored locally ie. 22GB of 40GB used.

3. Prompt user to free up space.

I have a lot of data saved locally and only have about 300GB free. Every second month after a lot of file downloads, uploads and created content I notice the whole system slowing down. System starts crashing and I forget to check how much space is left locally.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sync folder option after reset set up

Currently, I am not able to select specific folders to sync during the setup process after I performed a reset of OneDrive, but rather I have to wait for the whole OneDrive folder to sync and then unselect the folders I do not want to sync locally. This takes too much time and space on my Mac is no near the one I have available online. It would be more sensible to be able to select the folders you want to sync during the setup process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Do not automatically sync every folder and file on first installation. This applies to Windows as well.

When the OneDrive client is first installed, it defaults assuming to download every file and folder. Yes, they are symbolic links, but as a user it's incredibly frustrating that I have to wait for this sync to finish before I can tell the client not to do this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sync and quit

Quite often, you open OneDrive que get synced but when up-to-date there's no need to continue having OneDrive consuming resources.
    It would be very nice to be able to have an option to make it get updated and then offer to shutdown OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. folder upload information

please show more detailed information in folder upload field,it only shows items not upload speed and and remaining sum.it will be more usefull for customers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The installation allows you to select the folders to be synchronized on startup.

The installation allows you to select the folders to be synchronized on startup. The problem is when you have a disk 256GB in a macbook and 1TB data in onedrive..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive for macOS folder sync icons

OneDrive icons sync status are not visible anymore. It is not possible to know the file status (Always sync, cloud, etc.) as explained in the Microsoft support https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sync-files-with-onedrive-on-mac-os-x-d11b9f29-00bb-4172-be39-997da46f913f.
    Some other people seem to meet the same issue https://www.reddit.com/r/onedrive/comments/l66tp6/onedriveformacosfoldersynciconsdisappeared/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Eject local onedrive folder in finder on mac

This would greatly help with letting the Mac and other apps, know when one drive is offline - the way it works now is pretty great and I don’t think to much should or needs to change however having the option to eject the local folder in one drive would be nice :)

Especially for people / photographers who use smart previews in lightroom ❤️

Right now to use lightroom smart previews the only work around i have found that makes my computer think my local onedrive files are offline is to quit OD and rename my local OD folder…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base