OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. In the last 12 months One Drive has improved a lot however there is one thing that's anoying:

There must be an issue syncing because I can see that the application is constantly syncing what I think are two very small files 48.3kb. I can't address the issues because it doesn't tell me what or where the files are.
    I'm sure that if it failed to sync the files it would then show what they were and I would be able to address the problem.

My suggestion is the list the files that are being synced rather than just the completed files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Viewing PDF file online with PDF viewer application

When PDF file to be viewed on Onedrive web, it shall ask user to select their PDF viewer application to view the file instead of web page view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. file versioning as a paid for feature.

Onedrive is great, but if you accidentally delete something important, you cant get it back. This is especially true when onedrive doesnt download all your files (so they are not backedup locall).

I know onedrive for buseinss users has file versioning, but it would be awesome if home users could pay for this option too

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Scribble PDF on ONEDRIVE desktop

The school I work in uses the TEAMS platform for online classes and FORMS as an assessment tool. Our students send PDF files with the resolutions of the questions and we need to correct them manually. For this, we download and print the files, correct them, scan the corrected sheets and send the files through the CHAT of each student. If we were able to cross out PDF files on the computer, directly on ONEDRIVE, as is possible on cell phones, our work would be much less. I humbly ask that this functionality be offered. I appreciate the attention.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Choose whether to use Microsoft Office from your Mac or the on line limited Microsoft Office

When we open a OneDrive Microsoft Office file it really is important to be able to 'easily' flag whether you wish to use the on line limited version of Microsoft Office or whether you wish to use your own full version.

Can this be done please?

I am a 99% Mac user business.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. filename converter to enable synching

include in OneDrive for the Mac the option to automatically fix filenames so they will synch.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update the icon for macOS (Big Sur)

Please update the icon for OneDrive for macOS (Big Sur). It looks outdated and it's not visually aligned with a new design language of macOS (it should be similar to the icon for iOS).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Coalesce the OneDrive MenuBar App into one

I have 4 onedrive accounts. Each needs its own icon - please fix it so that ideally there is one icon which when clicked shows simple status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Waiting for native, Apple Silicon, version of OneDrive and MS Teams

I have to leave OneDrive and MS Teams all day, and even if they are small apps that don't consume much, they still take up extra resources to be emulated. Also, other native apps take a performance hit, every time the computer has to do a context switch between the emulated Intel code and native code.
    This also goes for all the other tiny little support applications that comes with Microsoft Office.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. See all sharepoints without need of first follow them

First i went to Admin and Sharepoints to create Sharepoints then i expected them to show up in the list of my sharepoints in Sharepoints. But they did not. I had to involve the support to realise that i first had to go to my Outlook, click on a link, then select Follow.
    This is VERY odd to me. I mean, if i create a new sharepoint and grant access to my self or employees, that one should directly show up in the Sharepoints section for us under "All my sharepoints", without the need of first following them!?
    A Follow…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Picture Explorer

Es wäre sehr toll, wenn es auch mit der OneDrive auf Mac OS möglich wäre, alle Bilder wie bei mobiler App betrachten zu können. Dies ist mit der OneDrive App unter Windows möglich, nicht jedoch mit der Onedrive Implementierung beim Mac. Sehr Schade! It would be very great if it would be possible to view all pictures with OneDrive on Mac OS just like in a mobile app. This is possible with the OneDrive app on Windows, but not with the Onedrive implementation on Mac.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Onedrive is absolutely the worst app on Macos

Onedrive is absolutely the WORST!!!!! app on Macos
    - Files on demand takes way too much CPU and renders my system unstable
    - It's almost impossible to disable Files on demand because it says it is synching.
    - It's impossible to only select a couple of folders to sync while Files on demand is disabled
    - I can only modify settings if synching is enabled. But I cannot edit a lot of settings while synching is enabled WTF???

your product SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

I often leave suggestions for software, but this is reeeeeaaallly the worst experience ever. And it is…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 53 54 55 57 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base