OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Reduce the number of steps to get to "Choose Folders" screen

I am constantly dipping in and out of the "Choose Folders" to sync screen. I think there are too many steps to get to it in my opinion. It would be great if we could reduce the number of clicks and menus required.

When working on certain projects, or if I need to reference an old project I use the "Choose Files" window to download only that folder from my OneDrive. It would greatly speed up my workflow if getting hold of project files could be simpler.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Search Feature from Status Bar

OneDrive needs a search feature to quickly locate files from the status bar - like dropbox.
    See attached screenshot from dropbox.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable automatic disk space cleanup similar to storage sense on Windows

Enable OneDrive to automatically remove files from local drive when they haven't been used for a period of time, or when the storage is low. Similar to how it works on Windows 10 with Storage Sense.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sync Onedrive to external harddrive on Mac

I need to be able to sync OneDriver with an external harddrive on Mac! This should be easy for you to fix.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dropbox better than OneDrive

Tried to make the switch from Dropbox to OneDrive on Macbook pro. Was looking forward to saving the money.. but files uploaded so slowly and some folders were empty! So am happily back with my trusted but expensive Dropbox!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Preview files in OneDrive / Sharepoint by pressing the SPACEBAR

Currently when a file is selected in GDrive, Dropbox, SYNC or any other cloud storage platform, pressing the SPACEBAR gives a full screen preview of the said file.. At the minute this only works with files saved locally and NOT files in OneDrive / Sharepoint which are in the cloud. All other cloud based services allow this preview functionality. WHy not Microsoft 365?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable Important folder protection on MacOS

I bought an office package with Office and got 1TB of cloud storage yet I can't use the Important folder protection (sync Desktop, Documents, and photos folders with Onedrive) to backup and free space on my mac.

We have it on windows and have the 'Free up space Option on Mac already. What's the issue with allowing us to choose what folders to sync outside of the 'Ondrive' folder?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quickly create a sharing link in the right click menu.

One of the best Dropbox features is that I can quickly send a file to a friend. Right click the file, "copy Dropbox link" and I can paste it anywhere. The need to go to Onedrive on the web before sharing anything is shockingly behind the times.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show download/upload speed in progress status

When you are downloading/uploading a bunch of files and click on the OneDrive icon, it shows status like this "Syncing 4 files 160MB of 180MB".

Please add download/upload speed to the status. It is shown on Windows, so it's surprising speed is not shown on macOS.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Known folder sync feature request

We would like to put ~/Documents and ~/Desktop (for example) in MacOS on OneDrive for Business without actually moving these folders elsewhere. We would request you to make this feature as early as possible.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make onedrive compatible with icloud drive

when the onedrive folder is installed on macos in the iclouddrive folder, the files and folders within onedrive are not synchronized with icloud drive. remarkably it does sync onedrve for business.
    can this behaviour of onedrive for business be extended to ondrive personal? thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow OneDrive to backup photos in the Photos app on Mac.

Create a feature in the One Drive app for Mac to automatically backup photos from the Photos app, just like it works in the iPhone app.
    It would be great if one could choose if you want to backup the photos from iPhone or Mac.
    In my case, my iPhone doesn't have enough space to storage all photos, so, they are on iCloud and the iPhone only have a local low resolution version of the photos.So, the OneDrive appin the iPhone automatically uploads my photos in low resolution.
    It would be nice if I could ask the OneDrive to upload…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better options on Delete Files

"Delete on all" in context menu.

Whenever I delete a file on my device, it will download all the files first and that consumes a lot.

When I drag on the dock trash can, it just stuck my Dock process. Then I can do nothing.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Default Settings for Sharing Links

A User must be able to make a default setting for sharing his/her files. For example, 90% times, we need to share a link which should not be editable and must expire automatically in 7 days. There is no way to configure this. The current way is that a link shared allows editing by default and it does not expire.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pause a particular file from uploading

It would be nice if you could pause a particular file from uploading so that other files will upload first.
    For example, if I have a file that is 600 MB in size and 2500 files that are 1-2 MB in size that I need to upload at the same time, I would like to be able to pause the 600 MB file so that the 2500 files can upload first and then let the 600 MB file upload last.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve upload speed on mac/OSX

The speed with which files sync is simply embarrassing, and this is me being very mild and polite. The product, as it is, is not usable by any standards.
    So please, sort this out.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. stop downloading files when low disk space

curvy version downloads until disk space runs out, then falls and requires re-signing

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Corregir los caracteres con tilde o ñ

En la versión para MAC, el texto sale con signos cuando se usa caracteres como la ñ o tildes. Eso hace que incomode a la vista.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by allowing the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people.

I suggest you improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by enabling the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people (as I can on DropBox & GoogleDrive). Currently, I can only see files & folders shared with me by using the OneDrive web interface.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow changing name of the local top-level folder to something other than \OneDrive.

OneDrive creates a /Users/alias/OneDrive folder as it's root. Allow changing ti to something more consistent with the other user folder names, like /Users/alias/Drive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base